Lucasfilm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lucasfilm Interview Questions

2.8

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Two hiring managers were participating during the the interview which was taking place over the phone. No technical questions were asked. Interview started with introduction of the company. Then I introduced myself and explained about my current environment.

Interview Questions

• Why did you mention on your resume that you are Linux Systems Engineer? What engineering work did you do?   Answer Question

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic question describing what you've done, and catching keywords. Interviewer was not particularly interested in her job and or too distracted with something that was going on in the background. 10 mins into the process she placed me on hold, then requested for a reschedule to continue the process next day due to some urgent matter came up. However she did not actually followed up during the designated time. She then apologized over email and offered another time for the week after dropping a note 30 mins after the fact. I've replied to confirm the 3rd attempt, but did not hear back from her again. Didn't think an interview process would end up like a stood up date on okqupid. All dressed up, posies in my hand, but end up dining alone.

Interview Questions

• Ask about how many nodes I've supported.
      If I am familiar with scripting, and various tools. The usuals.   Answer Question

VR Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had an incredibly rude interviewing experience. It was probably one of the worst interviews I've ever had despite a glowing employee referral. A couple of the employees seemed to have huge egos, were arrogant, and were prima donnas.

Overall the interview was straightforward. They started off with a phone screen, they moved on to a timed coding test, then an onsite interview. The interview was typical white boarding questions and they had one person from product and one designer to round it out a bit.

Be prepared for lots of crunch if you join Lucasfilm. Their *required* core hours currently are 9 am to 7pm Monday through Friday so that is already a 45 hour work week assuming a 1 hour lunch. Many of their employees talked about staying later 8pm - 9pm. Be prepared for long grueling hours. The benefit though is you get to work on intellectual properties such as Star Wars!

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard a function to detect if two oriented bounding boxes collide.   Answer Question

Assets Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview

After two phone interviews, I was brought in for a 4 hour multiple person interview where I was quizzed and asked plenty of detailed questions. I was taken around to all the cool rooms and made to believe I would be getting the position. I learned two days later I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite film?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews. The second was the longest and was done with my hiring manager. The first was just a basic phone screen and only lasted about ten minutes. After the second phone screen, I was invited in for an in person interview. It was a relatively short interview but done with a panel. There was a little pressure doing a group interview but since everyone was pretty friendly, it wasn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• No one question stands out. The most concerning question was around the amount of support that is needed for artists. That scared me more than anything.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucasfilm in August 2013.

Interview

Long process and often left in the dark regarding where you stand in the process. When finally called back for an in person interview, everyone was very friendly during my visit. Questions weren't difficult, just the normal situational admin questions.

IT Desktop Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Was called about setting up a skype interview. Half of it was with people from IT while the other half was with a university hiring manager. Seemed very friendly, office culturs seemed to be respectable yet loose and fun. Was then called back a week later to be told that they were moving forward with another canidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to work in a team to overcome a problem on a project.   Answer Question

Assistant Technical Director (Pipiline) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Rafael, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager after applying online, asked me what are my future plans, and whether I can join them later at the end of the month. After a minute into the conversation asked me what country I belonged to as a citizen. A brief overview of my skills in python and mel. After knowing I didn't have a US visa, got denies because the company does not offer sponsorships to junior positions. And this was in the 2nd week of the month, I obviously couldn't get a work permit for the end of the month.

Would have been really happy if I got sponsored as I was a recent grad.

Interview Questions

Didn't decline, got declined on grounds of US visa.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

One day-long interview with many peers. I was not living locally at the time.

Interview Questions

• Write some Perl code for us.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were paying me more than I asked for, and I wanted to move to San Francisco, so I accepted immediately.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The recruiters at Lucasfilm are top-notch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate.