Lucasfilm Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Lucasfilm

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 39 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2019

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiter, hiring manager and then on-sited with the team. After my onsite, I never heard from my recruiter or anyone ever again. Incredibly unprofessional to ghost a candidate instead of giving them the courtesy to inform them they didn't receive the job, Pay was also really low.

Interview Questions
  • Are you a fan of Star Wars?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Lucasfilm (United States)

Interview

Was very clear and concise, everyone provided as much clarity as they could in the process. The first interview was a phone interview with HR and second interview was in person with the producer and director I would be working with.

Interview Questions
Lucasfilm
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (United States)

Interview

I applied for Lucasfilm at the end of December and was contacted during early February for an initial phone screening with someone on the IT Operations team. The questions were mostly behavioral/personal and the interviewer was trying to determine whether I was the right fit for the position. Overall I had a positive experience, as the interviewer was enthusiastic and kind. I unfortunately wasn't selected to proceed further with the application process.

Interview Questions
  • What made you want to apply for this position?
  • What is your favorite Star Wars movie?
  • Would you prefer to be behind the desk or would you also be open to doing the physical setup of the hardware?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (United States)

Interview

1. Phone 2. In Person: Interview was with Director of Finance The process was done methodically and the responses from the company were quick and efficient. I felt like everything was put together in a very professional fashion. I felt like the company cared about my interest and was looking forward to meeting me.

Interview Questions
Lucasfilm
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (United States)

Interview

Had an initial phone screen interview, followed by two 90 minute on-site interviews. It was a good experience, I was able to meet a lot of people in the Talent Acquisition team. I was a little upset that they did not give me a tour of the office. They took a while to get back to me with a response. It took 2 weeks. However they did call me to let me know that they weren't moving forward with me rather than send an email. I appreciated that personal touch. Overall will try applying again in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lucasfilm (United States)

Interview

I had a phone interview, and a few weeks later, they wanted to fly me in to SF for an onsite interview. I asked if they would fly me out of Burbank instead of LAX, because I live right next to Burbank. I also asked if I could come in the night before, because the interview was set for 9 a.m. and I didn't want to have to wake up at 5 a.m. and have a half-day interview after that. They said they would look into these things for me, but they didn't respond -- they just bought me a ticket out of LAX for early that morning. My flight, of course, got delayed. So I was super-anxious about that. I called them and they said it was fine, but I ended up being two hours for the interview. My first meeting was with three project managers at the same time. This part of the interview was probably the best part. They asked a lot of good questions about how I work and how I would respond in certain situations. Then the next interview was with 10 engineers at once -- apparently the whole team, all sitting around a table with me in the middle, and they went around one by one and asked me mostly basic questions about front end engineering. It was a tad bit unnerving, but I think I did well. Everyone seemed to like me except one of the lead engineers, who for some reason seemed to look at me suspiciously. He asked a question about browser event capture that I answered but not quickly, and others kinda smirked at his overly serious nature toward me. Then he asked me if I ever used the framework Gulp before, and he was flabbergasted that I had not really much experience with him. I tried to explain that I came from a Ruby on Rails background (Lucasfilm is Python), and that RoR uses Asset Pipeline to handle task-running, that in fact Grunt and Gulp are copied from Asset Pipeline. This did not seem to register with him. I think I actually did fine during this phase of the interview, except for these two points. The third interview was supposed to be with the head of the group, but because I was late to the interview because of the the flight delay, she said she would have to shuffle things around and meet with me later in the day. So at that point, I had been scheduled to meet alone with the lead engineer who didn't like me to do some whiteboarding. I mentioned that I wasn't a huge fan of whiteboarding as a means of gauging a programmer's skills. I didn't in any way suggest that I didn't want to do it -- only that I didn't care for whiteboarding in general. This really pushed him over the edge, I think. He left the room and never came back. I sat there for 10-15 mins. I literally didn't know what was going on -- I thought maybe he had some scheduling conflict he had to resolve and that he would come back to the room momentarily. Finally, the admin came in and brought me back to her desk and said the lead engineer was busy and would come out to interview me in a little while. The admin kept apologizing and said the head of the group would come meet me first, and THEN I'd meet with the lead engineer after that. I ended up sitting next to the admin for about 45 mins. Finally, she got word that both the head of the group and the lead engineer were pulled into other meetings and would be unable to meet me at all. So I flew back home and got word a few days later from the internal Lucasfilm recruiter: the answer was "maybe." They couldn't say yes or no at that point, but I took it to mean no. I filed my cab receipts as expenses (which they said to do), but they said they wouldn't pay for my cab fare to and from LAX, which ended up costing me $150. Six month later, I emailed the recruiter telling him that he never gave me an official decision, that he only told me "maybe" and I never heard back from him. He apologized and said no.

Interview Questions
Lucasfilm
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2018

Interview

Very typical interview set up. Started with a brief telephone interview, followed up by an in person interview on site where I talked with 3 different supervisors on the team.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my process, how long it usually takes me to get through a scene, if i was experienced with action heavy scenes, what my communication was like among team members, etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

I applied online, and was reached out to by email shortly after. A phone interview was set up for the following day, followed by an in-house interview a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2016

Interview

The interview process was easy. Two hiring managers were participating during the the interview which was taking place over the phone. No technical questions were asked. Interview started with introduction of the company. Then I introduced myself and explained about my current environment.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you mention on your resume that you are Linux Systems Engineer? What engineering work did you do?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Lucasfilm (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2016

Interview

I spoke on the phone twice with a helpful recruiter, then a one hour phone interview with a C Suite executive. Executive was blunt about the challenges of the job but I appreciated that. They ended up hiring internally I'm told.

Interview Questions
  • Describe my work history and demonstrate times I had gone above and beyond.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39