Lufkin Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lufkin Industries Interview Questions

2.5

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lufkin Industries (Lufkin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

First interview during a college visit was a panel interview. The second invitation was tour at Lufkin Industries followed by 30 minute interviews with several managers throughout the day. The brief interviews are generally just to make sure you will fit in with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Varying standard concept questions like "Why are man hole covers round?"
      It is understood that gear manufacturing is a special niche in engineering so don't worry about gear related questions too much   Answer Question

Pump Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Levelland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lufkin Industries (Levelland, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Standard interviewing, was an excellent company before Lufkin Industries bought them out.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lufkin Industries (Lufkin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Internal hiring process, was chosen from several internal employees who signed for the job posted. Had an interview with HR and then with the supervisor of the position. Had to prove that I understood basic economic & financial theory.

Class A Burner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lufkin Industries (Lufkin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I was laid off at this job for 10 months. And I had a call back to my same position. Was not a overall interview. I had a one year call back for this position and other positions. It was a call to meet with our Human Resource personal. So I took the job and been back since 2010. Did not lose my seniority.

Negotiation

It was not a negotiation involved. I did get a raise doing the time i was off.

Lufkin Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maracaibo (Venezuela)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lufkin Industries (Maracaibo (Venezuela)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, lead by professionals, statement, questions and approach in each matter subject to the interview were very clear, short and concrete. The interview was divided in there phases, human resources to talk about career path, expertise area to prove knowledge and finally regional manager.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lufkin Industries in October 2011.

Interview

I met them at the on campus recruiting. I gave my resume to a HR person and she said they are looking for an engineer like my background. 1~2 weeks after, they called me for a phone interview. they seemed very interested just because my research background matches their need. They didn't ask me too many technical questions. Basically they just told the job descriptions. They are very nice.

Interview Questions

• They know I don't really like the locaion so they asked me if that's the concern.   Answer Question