Luma Pictures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Luma Pictures Interview Questions

Interviews at Luma Pictures

2.4

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Luma Pictures.

Interview

I got a email about an interview from them after my online submission. It took 4~5 days. The interview was on skype. They asked a few questions for instance, the detailed process or how long did it take.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in September 2015.

Interview

I was emailed last minute a day before they wanted me in for an interview. The email was addressed to someone else (another candidate) and the date mentioned was for the following week although they asked for next day. I replied with my name, asking if the invitation was meant for me and they apologized and confirmed. After the actual interview process, I'm starting to think they never meant to invite me and did so to cover their mistake.

The interview didn't start until all candidates had arrived, including one whose name my email had been addressed to. I quickly noticed they had called in all the skinny, Indy White girls and I was the odd one out. I was beckoned into a room where I was interviewed by a rep overseas and it took all of 3 minutes. They had no real questions except for the basic 'Who are you and why are you here?' As someone with both a creative and administrative background who genuinely wanted to work THERE, I felt defeat as soon as I walked out the room. I felt I had been physically sized up and deemed unfit for the pretty people there. To add insult to injury, I was told the interview process had just begun, with more days of interviews but I received an impromptu email the next day that basically read, "Yeah, you're not what we wanted here, so we're going in a different direction"....signed a random person I hadn't met or talked to.

I'm starting to think talent and strong work ethic mean nothing in L.A. If you're not pretty and not the "right" kind of minority, you can't even work behind a desk.....I'm both sad and hurt.

Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in April 2017.

Interview

During the interview, I was asked previous work experience and process about the work. He also explains about the future project that I might work on. Interview was a bit informal, but overall was not bad.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Luma Pictures (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Indifferent and awkward. I was shuffled around from place to place until the skype connection was ready, and it all seemed like weird power play. I have never had any experience as crazy and weird as this, and I am from New York City.

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in July 2012.

Interview

This was a phone interview with Payam, the studio president. Overall easy enough. Certainly no third degree but I was already a vetted source. However, it's obvious you're being groomed to damage yourself professionally by taking low pay and limited advancement options. I had basically skipped the initial interview since I was a referral and this was to see if I was a "fit" and if I was sufficiently cheap.

Interview Questions

• They ask the usual questions trying to gauge your compatibility with the other employees and if you can speak with intelligence about visual effects and prior projects you were involved with.   1 Answer

Studio Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in July 2014.

Interview

They emailed me 3-4 days after my online application submission to set up a phone interview with two people. They didn't really ask the normal questions but wanted to know who you were as a person and what you like to do on your spare time.

Interview Questions

• Explain who you are and what you like to do on your spare time.   Answer Question

Roto/Paint Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and easy. We went over my reel work, they asked about the shots and how long they took to complete. In some cases they asked about the process and techniques used to complete a shot. They told me about the company and about the culture of the company. I asked a few questions about the projects they are working on and the size of the company.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember there being any particularly difficult or unexpected questions. They were really just concerned with the work I had to show   Answer Question

Roto/Paint Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luma Pictures (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume and reel, was met very quickly by the Roto/Paint supervisor who is probably one of my favorite people in the world, it was extremely friendly and the place was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process that you used in a shot of my demo reel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was an entry level job, I did not negotiate. I would recommend anyone with experience negotiating up front, they will get paid what they ask for.

Junior Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in January 2014.

Interview

I received a response from human resources after applying same day stating that my application would be reviewed. I heard back the next day then went to interview. Great office, friendly people, and it sounded like there were very exciting projects!

Modeling/Texture Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures.

Interview

I got the email of interview after few days I applied for, and I did the interview with CG supervisor and the lead of Modeling/Texture. They went through my demo reel, and asked me what software I used for each piece.