LunchByte Systems Software Engineering Manager/Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LunchByte Systems Software Engineering Manager/Architect Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at LunchByte Systems

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Manager/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LunchByte Systems (Rochester, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

After submitting resume through the online system I was contacted by the hiring manager through email with a brief message inquiring as to my interest level prior to scheduling a phone interview. The next step was a 30 minute phone interview in which a brief description of the position's responsibilities were provided and the hiring manager asked several high level questions regarding my experience and skills.

Following the phone interview, I was invited in for a 1.5 hour 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager where we were both able to get more in-depth questions answered and find out if there was a good fit between our management and development styles.

Following the one-on-one interview I was invited back for another interview session with key members of the management team including the president of the company. During this 2.5 hour interview I was able to find out more about the company, it's philosophy regarding it's products and customers and also it's philosophy regarding employees. It was very clear after meeting with the president, as well as the others, that the company is very attuned to the needs of it's customers and also goes out of the way to ensure that they retain the small company feel and treat all employees as if they are family.

For the next step in the process, I was contacted by the hiring manager and presented with a few scenarios that I needed to provide written response to. The scenarios were basically outlining how I would approach the first 6 months in the position and what milestones and goals I would be achieving.

I was formally offered the position following the hiring manager's review of my responses.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to mature the Software Engineering Discipline within the existing organization?   Answer Question

During the interview process I had the opportunity to explore other opportunities, in the end I had competing offers and decided to pursue a different opportunity.