Lux Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Emerging Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

First a screening phone call with HR, going over background and experience. Second, a 30 minute call with a lead person in the department I would work in, which tested my knowledge of trends in the materials market.

Interview Questions

• What's next in this market space?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a mail saying that you are one of the top candidate for Research Intern position. Asked for available slot for 30mins phone interview. Reviewed my qualifications, projects and achievements. Phone Interview was taken by Analyst and he was very friendly, didn't ask difficult questions.
    Got acceptance for full time position on the same day at 5:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Q; How will you prioritize clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone interview. When I confirmed the times I was available for a phone interview I did not receive a response. I emailed a week later to see if they still wanted to interview me. They said yes and we spoke on the phone the next day. When I emailed the recruiter the next week to see if I was still being considered for the position I did not receive a response. Very flaky.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had making presentations   1 Answer

Research Associate, Emerging Technologies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very laid back and conversational. The interviewer asked me a little bit about myself and then more detailed questions about my resume. We mostly had a discussion about the company, the interviewers role, and the day-to-day responsibilities of a research associate.

General Company Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lux Research in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with the application, and within 2 hours an email looking to schedule a phone conversation. The scheduled phone conversation was missed by internal HR and then rescheduled for shortly there after. The call lasted almost an hour, longer than it needed to be. HR then said that they would follow up with requested materials via email, but never did. After multiple follow-ups, no emails have been returned. I would be very careful about interviewing with Lux as they do not treat people well, and this is not a place I would suggest working based on my experience.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions: Authorization to work in the US, will you require sponsorship, salary and also a general summary of my background   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lux Research in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took approx. 4 -5 weeks
    Started with a introduction/phone screen, 1 follow up phone interview, and a final round in-person with 3 members of the company.
    Most of the interviews were conversational and based on fit.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most interesting companies currently out there in your opinion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had a phone interview, and then an in person interview where I met 3 team members individually and then the team manager. The interview was just conversational, and everyone was very friendly. People were dressed in jeans, and the whole atmosphere was very relaxed.

The questions were very much focused on what emerging technology you find interesting and how do you think this technology will impact the market.

Interview Questions

• Describe an emerging technology that you find interesting.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR after I applied on Linkedin.HR asked standard questions like previous experience,why did you apply for the position and why are you suitable for the position.She said she would get back to me in two days for scheduling next step in the interview.Never heard from her after that.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening interview, then another phone interview, and finally an in-person interview with 4 individuals. Pretty standard interview process. No trick questions along the way. The other reviews summarized the process accurately. No particular preparation needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe an emerging technology that you find interesting   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lux Research (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviews were conducted by various Research Directors, Senior Analysts and sales directors. A short presentation was requested with a vague focus area. The presentation was followed by an intensive Q&A session by VP of Research and Research director. On the spot writing sample was required (one paragraph).

Interview Questions

• Describe an interesting technology you recently heard about?   1 Answer