Luxer One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Luxer One

2.4

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luxer One (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview and that person was enthusiastic by my skills and background. I also informed them that I applied for another position I was qualified for and they said that manager would get interview notes. Never happened. The in person was another story. The two people that interviewed me were young and rude and lacked personality or any interest in me. Neither one of them has seem my resume prior to the interview which was unprofessional and tacky. I got the feeling I came too prepared. I was dressed well and presented multiple documents to showcase my experience and goals to grow with the company. Just because you can wear t-shirts to the office, doesn't mean people would know to wear that in an interview. The interviewers never smiled once. Someone that interviewed before me left in flip flops, so that should have been the red flag there. It is a very casual environment which I could have adapted to, and was even willing to take their low pay to grow with the company. I caught a glimpse at the customer service area however and they have 40+ people crammed into one room on top of each other so word of advice...if you are applying to that position I would look elsewhere. Terrible working conditions for those people. Those people don't even have desks. They sit at tables literally arm and arm with multiple other people. This company doesn't want anyone there with drive to possibly come in and move up. The interviewers also do not want someone more qualified than them but with them looking like they just got out of high school...that's not hard to do. They were kind of harassing. They asked me more times why I want to work there than they did any other question as if they were trying to talk me out of it. If you have worked for larger companies only...there is a chance you won't get a call. They don't like that. All in all, I was treated terribly and they didn't bother calling me to tell me I didn't even get the job. I sent an email thanking the person I first interviewed with and didn't get a response. Just all around a terrible experience and glad I moved on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here after working at larger companies?   1 Answer
    • What makes you think this is a good fit for you after working at larger companies?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here after working at larger companies?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold River, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxer One (Gold River, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume and had my first interview scheduled within 3 days. In my interview, I met with the HR recruiter and the Supervisor of Account Managers. I was asked to go through my resume and I spoke to key points that related to the position I was interviewing for because I did not want to ramble on. I asked them to walk me through a typical day in the shoes of an Account Manager which really put the role in perspective and showed me what to expect. I was then scheduled another interview with the Director the following day and that was almost a “get to know me” interview; we did not really go over my resume but more so went over where the company came from to where it is now.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when a customer that you helped was unhappy. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luxer One (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luxer One with HR recruiter, accounting manager and director of the finance. They were all professional and asked me lots of questions about my work experience and my skills. Also, they answered my questions about the company and themselves.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxer One (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Initially there were a couple calls with two different people. Followed by some email correspondence and an in person. The end result was an excellent offer that I accepted happily.

Interview Questions

• They explained a lot of the PM process and then asked about my organizational skills as well as asked about a time I may have managed a project previously.   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luxer One (Sacramento, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

This was one of the most unprofessional recruiting experiences I've ever come across.

I received an e-mail request from the corporate recruiter requesting a telephonic screening. We set up an appointment for that same day. When she called, instead of discussing the role, she immediately requested that I go over my resume experience as if she hadn't reviewed it beforehand. After I was done, she ultimately focused on my bilingual abilities, which I found irritating because it's not something I went over because it wasn't germane to the role I applied for. That's when I realized the bait and switch. I applied for a leadership role, but she indicated that they were looking to staff for "all types of roles," including several front-line roles dealing with their French clients -- most of which didn't currently exist because they were being built out.

What really irritated me was her then insistence of my sharing my salary expectations. This isn't normally an issue, but in this case, it was problematic because she wanted me to define a baseline salary for several hypothetical roles that she could neither explain nor provide job descriptions for. She indicated she needed this to pass along to the hiring manager. To end the call, I threw out a hypothetical figure that wasn't representative of anything meaningful; I just wanted the call to end. She then stated that she would share my information with the hiring manager and would be in contact within a couple days with the next step. I wasn't interested and sent a decline e-mail.

I'd also like to add while I was going over my resume with her, there was a point she put me on mute and clearly was talking to someone else, because when she came off mute, she asked me to repeat about half of what I just explained.

I would advise responding to job postings from this company with caution and suspicion.