Lyris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyris Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The company is located in the downtown of San Jose.
    It's very easy to find the office in the building, since there seems to have only one company on the floor.
    Offices are quite big and clean. Environment is great.
    People are very nice.
    firstly, ask about the background, like education, when to graduate.
    second, talk about the projects, like research projects and industry projects
    third, some technical question, not very hard.
    Most of the questions are fundamental, but design patterns are highly desired,.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Well thought out Questions; informative & courteous recruiter

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great initial interview but was jerked around for months after that. Went in for second round interviews and no one knew who I was or what I was there for. I should have walked out the door then.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple interview for a simple job. Actually wrote code in IntelliJ. I liked that aspect of it. At least they didn't make you attempt to remember all the Java libraries you use.

Interview Questions

• Create a immutable Arraylist.   1 Answer
    • Can you still add values to that list now?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 7 people at once. With so many people in interview, and only 2 hours, most people hardly had a chance to ask more than 1 or 2 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. I told them what I could make elsewhere and they matched the base salary.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR was followed approx 3-4 weeks later by a phone interview with management. Was asked to come in for face-to-face meetings with several staff in two locations on the same day requiring travel of 50+ miles, followed by phone interview with offshore staff. Was then asked to return and meet with 3 additional staff members. Was asked to submit references which were checked. A verbal offer was made and accepted. A start date was agreed upon and I was advised that written offer would follow. The night before the agreed to start date I was informed that Sr. Mgmt had concerns and asked to submit a substantial amount of additional information. One week later I was told the concerns had not been resolved and the offer was rescinded.

Interview Questions

• Please provide retention rate of previous accounts   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online to set up a phone interview. Something was wrong with my phone when we spoke and the call dropped five times and she was incredibly patient with me and the technical difficulties didn't have any sort of negative impact on my interview process. I went in for my first interview on December 9 and I met with two people in HR and the Executive Assistant -- I walked out of the interview feeling like I actually had fun (crazy, right?). I received an email later that day requesting that I come in for a second interview, which we scheduled for December 15 as my schedule was a little chaotic at the time.

During my second interview, I felt confident that things were going well, as my time with the COO/CFO and the CEO was relaxed and seemed much more about them getting to know me and agreeing that I was a good fit for the company than a repeat of the more technical questions regarding my experience that I had answered in the previous interview. I met briefly at the end with the Director of HR (who I was told would be my supervisor if I were hired) and she told me they would be in touch soon. I got a call from her the following day when she told me that they would like to hire me and asked if I could start the following day! (I was eager to start as quickly as possible, and as that date was December 17 they wanted me to have a few days in the office before the time off for Christmas and New Year's.)

The entire interview process took just a little over a week and I always felt like they were eager to bring me in and get me started. Definitely the best and most efficient interview process I've been through.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

From the phone interview to the in-person interview, they sent mixed messages and were disorganized. The Field Marketing Manager was professional, insightful and cheery, but the Senior Marketing Programs Manager was abrupt, standoffish and impersonal, which made me leave with a really bad impression about the company. What I remember hearing was employees leaving, products that don't work/never gained traction, and being pigeonholed as an entry-level model. Sucks for them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that recently failed and explain why.   Answer Question

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview/Screening. Follow up with one in house interview with panel of employees. Negotiation with HR on job details and salary. They got back to me with an offer quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you see that you could do to take ownership and raised the quality of this area? If you came here, here are the challenges we currently have. How would you address them? What is your approach in the past to solving these types of issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was short and sweet.

Product Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyris.

Interview

Leadership team is very open, highly energized and is looking for good cultural fit and similarly minded employees

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair