Lyris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyris Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris in February 2015.

Interview

The process was a little long winded. It involved phone, skype and face to face interviews. Eight in total ! Half way through I got a rejection letter, but then got asked to reapply. To this day I don't know what happened. I was successful in my application and enjoyed my time at the company. The interview process may change now that it has been acquired by Aurea.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem and explain how you went about fixing it?
      Provide standard port numbers
      Provide the sql queries for certain data requirements
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great initial interview but was jerked around for months after that. Went in for second round interviews and no one knew who I was or what I was there for. I should have walked out the door then.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online to set up a phone interview. Something was wrong with my phone when we spoke and the call dropped five times and she was incredibly patient with me and the technical difficulties didn't have any sort of negative impact on my interview process. I went in for my first interview on December 9 and I met with two people in HR and the Executive Assistant -- I walked out of the interview feeling like I actually had fun (crazy, right?). I received an email later that day requesting that I come in for a second interview, which we scheduled for December 15 as my schedule was a little chaotic at the time.

During my second interview, I felt confident that things were going well, as my time with the COO/CFO and the CEO was relaxed and seemed much more about them getting to know me and agreeing that I was a good fit for the company than a repeat of the more technical questions regarding my experience that I had answered in the previous interview. I met briefly at the end with the Director of HR (who I was told would be my supervisor if I were hired) and she told me they would be in touch soon. I got a call from her the following day when she told me that they would like to hire me and asked if I could start the following day! (I was eager to start as quickly as possible, and as that date was December 17 they wanted me to have a few days in the office before the time off for Christmas and New Year's.)

The entire interview process took just a little over a week and I always felt like they were eager to bring me in and get me started. Definitely the best and most efficient interview process I've been through.

Product Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyris.

Interview

Leadership team is very open, highly energized and is looking for good cultural fit and similarly minded employees

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 7 people at once. With so many people in interview, and only 2 hours, most people hardly had a chance to ask more than 1 or 2 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. I told them what I could make elsewhere and they matched the base salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyris in November 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward and honest, I was quite fond of this process. Short and direct. They move quick and can typically hire you within a week or so if you're a good match. Be sure to take the quiz, your resume will be chucked if you don't. The technical test is true to the original quiz, study your answers and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Writing a sql join statement w/o a machine lol   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never accept the first offer!

Customer Success Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyris in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted 3 weeks after applying. Recruiter reached out via e-mail to schedule a phone interview.

First attempt:
    10 minutes after it was scheduled to begin, I received an e-mail from the recruiter saying that the hiring manager had an unforeseen call and that they'd like to reschedule. We rescheduled it for 5 days later.

Second Attempt:
    This time 15 minutes passed and I politely emailed the recruiter asking what happened. The same response was given. I declined to continue being considered.

I know things come up, but this was very unprofessional. I do feel like my time wasn't valued at all.

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had a call from internal recruiter and was asked to come onsite. Then on my onsite, there was the CIO, 3 systems engineers, IT Director of prod, and even the CEO came in for 10-15 min. Everyone, askinge technical questions......then they made me an offer on the spot.....

Interview Questions

• How can you configure puppet automation to have separate environments for its modules? ( I.E. DEV/QA/PROD )   1 Answer

Director of Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with 5 people who were directors or higher. Met with the hiring manager 3 times. I talked to a number of HR people on the phone. I like the office energy and buzz and the people I met. All in all the process was really efficient, I was happy with the speed of things despite the fact that I didn't get the offer I had wanted.

Interview Questions

• How to manage the balance of customer selling and relationship management.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied to an online ad and was sent an automated email asking me to interview. A director called me on the date and time we agreed and asked me a few basic questions. The questions were focused on the experience I had, what I could do, etc. The interviewer was a "fill in" director for another and had a hard time answering my questions, and lacked any enthusiasm. I felt as though she interviewed all day had a standard question sheet and couldn't care less about the role. After the interview I followed up by phone email etc, and got an automated email stating the position was filled. After another week went buy received another invite to interview, but turned it down.