M+W Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.4

Tool Install Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at M+W Group (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Well organized, Management was prepared, they had read my resume and had a good understanding of it.
    Went through their internal Temp Agency.
    submitted resume, and had an interview appointment within a few weeks.
    Interviewers were clear and precise on what they wanted but vague on exactly what I would be doing trying to keep their client secrets.

Interview Questions

• How familiar/capable are you with Autocad?
      How do you perform under pressure and high volume and continuous changes?
      How adaptable are you with changing work as well as schedules?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M+W Group.

Interview

Very informal. I contacted a friend who was already employed at the company and he provided me with a name of the engineer. I contacted the engineer and we setup a time to meet during lunch. Met with the engineer and his immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What previous projects and responsibilities did I have at my previous employer.   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M+W Group (Paterson, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Levels of Interview and took me more than two months. Mentioned that the team likes my qualifications and spoke about the package. And I did not hear back.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at M+W Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Rigourous collaborative, interviewed with all leadership, prepared a presentation of my vision for my role, telephone and face to face interviews. HR process was dodgey, onboarding was spotty and uncoordinated

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a somewhat short phone interview where the recruiter just asked about my current job and abilities then scheduled an in person interview. Then I had an in person interview which was pretty easy, no questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. It was with who would have been my direct boss and his boss so they were more straight to the point about the job and asking about my qualifications. It went well but after they were done interviewing the job was put on hold for now so I had to move on.

Electrical Engineer MEP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview (30mins)
    Skype interview (2hrs)

Met them at the career fair and scheduled a phone interview later that day. After the phone interview I had a Skype interview with some of the members at their Phoenix office. Basic process. In the field of consulting, they want to make sure you are personable and can work in a team. They help teach you how the business works and the ins and out. I declined the offer because I got an offer from another company.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

they asked a lot of questions questions about my resume, most of them are easy questions. met with a few team members. they were friendly, and showed me around the office.

Process Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at M+W Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

contacted someone who worked at the company through LinkedIn. Sent him my resume. After 3 telephone interviews and a few emails, I didn't hear anything and was quite dejected. Then one evening I got a phone call asking if I had gotten their offer package. I was shocked. The only downside to the whole thing was that I had to pull together a cross-country move in less than 2 weeks. Unfortunately, my spouse had to return to our hometown to sell our house.

Negotiation

Should have negotiated the relocation better.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group in March 2012.

Interview

There was one face-to-face interview then the hiring decision was made. It was about six weeks from interview to offer and about two weeks from offer to start date. Although there were three people in three different states involved in the hiring process, it went fairly smoothly. The hiring manager was in the Phoenix, Arizona office. The HR person who put the offer together was in the Plano, Texas office. The HR person I spoke with for salary negotiation was in the San Francisco, California office.

Interview Questions

• You are in charge of designing a new silane system at a client's site; what questions would you ask the client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After I received the offer, I asked that the salary be increased by 3% which the company agreed to. I should have asked for even more to find and get paid the company's upper limit for me in my position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

They contacted me and the interview went smoothly

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about specific markets and facilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair but slow