MAG Retail Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Several recruiter interviews, screening interview, hotbox face to face interview with VP & Director. Recruiter interviews went well, manager interview was casual, and group interview was generally friendly, but seemed ad hoc / amateur.

Interview Questions

• Excel VLookup / Analytics reports   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Irving, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview consisted of three separate meetings with a panel of 3 or more people. It was pretty intimidating, but I've always performed well under pressure. I knew all of the answers to their questions because of my background. It really wasn't anything I haven't gone through before. They were all very pleasant and professional. This was also before the new HR people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what I was making and they came in under my current salary by about 10%.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Medford, OR).

Interview

Standard 2 stage interview. Showed up for the first round and talked with the department managers, very casual, had alot of questions for me but was also very interested in hearing my thoughts and questions about the company team and process.

Showed up for the second round, also well dressed to meet the VP of tech and talk with the same dept managers. VP of tech set the mood by showing up in shorts and flip flops. Great guy, really laid back, but don't let that fool you into thinking he is a slouch. He was extremely knowledgeable and kept me on my toes with every question. He didn't miss a beat.

Overall, great interview experience and I am grateful I had the chance to apply.

Interview Questions

• Numerous questions regarding exactly how much understanding one has with the various platforms and languages they use or have used. Questions are very detailed, and they know the answers, so don't try to bluff.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Coppell, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

2 interviews. 1 was over the phone which lasted about 30 minutes and was very detailed. The second one was face to face in the office and included a tour of the facility,

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was full of false promises and didn't let on how incompetent and bigoted this company was. "Art Director," who's skills are doubtable was quite enthusiastic despite his obvious reservations about personality and skill.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Ormond Beach, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

very nice asked questions pertaining to experience and customer service

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation was hired for seasonal at first than asked me to stay on full time permamently

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Medford, OR).

Interview

Applied by email, which included work samples. Found a Human Resources person on LinkedIn, who gave me her email. She was very nice, and connected me to the HR person in charge of this position.

After a short phone interview, I was invited for an in-person interview. It was with the HR Rep, as well as marketing and technology managers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was asked about criminal history at the end of the interview.   1 Answer

Problem Resolution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Louisville, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

At the time it was great, they had great management who were very kind, firm an understanding. They asked the basic questions and listened intently. I feel as though they were really hiring good employees to make their business run smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a good candidate for the position   1 Answer

Assistant E-commerce Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Medford, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and got an email back within a week. I emailed the interviewer to let her know I had received the letter. The next day, I received a call from the person, wanting to talk. It was a bad time, so I asked if we could reschedule, so a week later, she set the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions

• "What would your Boss say about you?"   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAG Retail Group (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

very basic, they dont care if people can count or spell. now they just go though a temp agency and get anything on 2 legs. You could literally speak no English or not know how to read and they'd hire you.