MAKE UP FOR EVER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MAKE UP FOR EVER

2.7

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

met at the flagship store to interview, went very well, interview felt more like a conversation. make sure to ask a lot of questions since they seem to like that.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here, why cosmetics, your work history.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

First round with Senior Manager, second round with HR hiring manager. It took about 4 weeks to get the interview notice email after applied. The interview process was about half an hour and not too hard. The overall experience was really good.

Interview Questions

• What is your inspiration to design in the cosmetic company?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER in August 2011.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. No surprises. Relaxed atmosphere puts you at ease and interview lasted only 25 minutes. Only con was I felt they were rushing to fill position instead of selecting the right person

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY).

Interview

2 Interviews. First was about internship program and prior job/internship experience. Second was more about the position and knowledge in the beauty industry.

Overall interview processes were unprofessional and unorganized. Followed up and no reply.

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Standard questions and chit chat to gauge personality followed by hands on makeup application. Everyone was very friendly and well prepared. I had a scheduling conflict the first hands on interview and they were very accommodating in finding me another day. I ended up getting hired and staying for training that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an interaction with a customer that was negative that you helped turn into a positive ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, they accepted my hourly rate right away. Aim high.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I got my first phone interview with the HR three months after applying for the job, and then had an in-person interview with the Creative Director a few days after the call. It was a pleasant interview which made me feel less stressed. After the interview I got a small design request to test out my digital design skill, which only takes less than 60 mins to complete and the difficulty was reasonable.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product by this brand?   1 Answer
    • What makeup products do you have?   1 Answer
    • How do you like working on multiple projects simultaneously?   Answer Question
    • How long have you been in New York and how do you like it so far?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with working as an in-house designer for just one brand?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process went really well. I have 2 rounds of interviews with members from the executive team, both of which went well. The only negative aspect was that I was told that EA's receive competitive bonuses on to then find out that EA's across the organization are not bonus eligible.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I went from temp to hire - I was temporary through an agency for one month prior to getting an offer at MAKE UP FOR EVER. The original position was actually elevated from administrative assistant to coordinator. This was not originally stated to me when I went in for the temporary position; I was lead to believe I would only be needed for about one month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience in a similar business in order to mirror a successful business model.   1 Answer

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Friendly, one on one with HR rep. The only problem was that after sending a thank you email, and an additional follow-up a week later I never once heard back from HR (and the interview went really well).

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working here considering the daily grind/creating "makeup content"?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAKE UP FOR EVER (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online for a digital marketing role, I was contacted the following week for a phone screen. I then met the hiring manager the next week, and that person's supervisor the week after that.

The process was neither invigorating nor entirely off-putting, aside from the fact that the HR coordinator was extremely uncommunicative and rarely responded to emails. When I sent thank you or follow-up notes, I received no responses, despite being promised a response either way from the department head with whom I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a fit at Make Up For Ever?   Answer Question