MBH Architects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MBH Architects Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MBH Architects.

Interview

The interview process consists of a technical portion as well as an interview portion. The technical portion tests you on any softwares required of the team, such as AutoCAD and Revit. The interview portion consists of discussing with the team leaders as to the day to day aspects of the job and what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work with quick deadlines of under a week?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone meeting with HR Director, and then one person meeting with principals. I was lucky that my experience almost exactly matched what they were looking for, and I had previously worked for one of their closest competitors at nearly the same level of responsibility, and that they had a live project ready to go, just waiting on them to find someone.

Interview Questions

• What part of the projects I showed them, did I actually work on?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MBH Architects.

Interview

The Interview process was extremely fast. I applied on a Thursday and had a phone interview on Friday. I received a request for an in-person interview by the following Tuesday. The interview was very easy and the 2 persons interviewing me were friendly and professional. Unfortunately did not receive an offer, but did get a very polite phone call incoming me of their decision within 3 days.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual, felt more like a conversation. It consisted of 5 project managers and hr individuals, it was intimidating at first. However I was very pleased and felt I could express myself freely.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my history of experience. They asked me to be very specific about the process, and exactly what things I had worked on. They also focused on what I wanted, and what my goals for the future were.   1 Answer

Architectural Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBH Architects in January 2014.

Interview

submit resume and cover letter + samples of past projects or portfolio. HR calls right away for a phone interview and for a 1:1 interview afterwards. The interview is easy and really a waste of time. Nothing is explained about the job being offered.

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I sat down with the head of HR and one of the studio directors. We talked about my past work experiences, MBH's structure, career goals, and general pace of work. I was nervous at first, but then it became very informal when the studio director's son came into the interview room and wanted to play which relieved all tension.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with high-volume, fast-paced work? How are you at multi-tasking? Do you want to become licensed?   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly. They were passionate about their work and engaging about what they were looking for. The Interview was casual but helpful in terms of the portfolio review. The interview was followed by a CAD test.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my passion in architecture. My educational and work history.   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with HR director was fairly lond. AutoCAD and/or REVIT testing the same day. Follow-up interview with principals and project leads to discuss position, work environment and portfolio. Everyone was very nice. The time between interviews and the time it took for a response was long. It didn't seem like they had specific positions fleshed out that they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• The AutoCAD testing was graded quite strictly in my opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I felt like they were selling the firm more than qualifying me for the position. There was a lot of talk about how great the firm was. I think apprentices are hired more from the perception of their attitude than from explicit computer skills, project experience, design skill. This is not a firm with a lot of gifted designers, however there are a few. The interview was only 30 minutes. I took a CAD test and was promptly hired. There was no background check or anything like that. I started soon after.

The people who work here are typical architectural people, (i.e alternative, hipster types)
    They are quiet, not completely social animals. They are able to hold a conversation, but not willing to have one. A lot of Asians work here. I don't know if they speak English because I never heard many of them even speak. Not much chit chat or hanging out after work, I didn't feel much sense of teamwork or camraderie here except for a few small pockets. It took a while for people to warm up to me, not a very welcoming place for a new employee at all. All coworkers were generally polite, educated and good people.

The culture here reflected that of a sweatshop. They hire generally unexperienced people out of college and put them in positions of repetitive medium skilled work, and ride the heck out of them. I have many hours of unpaid overtime put into this place. They of course don't ask you to work overtime because they don't wan tto pay it, but the daily workload expectations is clearly over 8 hours a day. If you are obstinate about working and not getting paid for it, this isn't your new career home.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult that was asked. One of the easieist interviews I have had. Maybe they had already decided to hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this particular position. They are firm with their base pay, however I have heard of being able to talk them up for a dollar or more per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MBH Architects (Alameda, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

One interview with 6 or so people at a round table. Then they pass you around to different divisions and see where you fit in the best. After the first interview there was a test in two different soft-wares to test your proficiency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said they would hire me for a specific hour rate and I took it.