MECLABS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MECLABS Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Employee referral, CEO phone screen, Assessment that generates 100 pages of data on applicant based on answers to 2 online tests, HR phone screen, Group/Panel phone interview, 2 onsite Group/Panel interviews, 3 1-1 onsite interviews. Notes are taken throughout the process, transcribing all responses an interactions throughout the process generating extensive documentation on applicant.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake, how did you correct it, what did you learn from it?
      What book are you reading right now?
      Explain a difficult encounter with another employee and how did you address it?
      What behavior have you corrected?
      HR representative asked salary requirements while another employee was in the room, so much for professional confidentiality   Answer Question

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Two months after I applied online I got a call asking my salary requirements. I said negotiable and asked for the range. No guidance given other than $80-90k was too high. I gave a range that I later saw via Glassdoor info was prob $20k too high, although I did get a phone interview. The second HR person thought I already knew there prob wasn't a Market Intelligence Analyst job open (she didn't even know). Those are usually promoted from within. They were looking for Research department people to get into their "pipeline." I mentioned in a nice way, I was looking for a job now and not to be in a pipleline. I asked the soonest I could hired, she said 6-8 weeks - noting it's a lengthy interview process (which I knew). I doubt it'd be sooner than 3 months. I asked when they'd make a decision if I move on and she said by Fri (2 days later). Two weeks later I got a thanks but no thanks email. I was kind of relieved because doing a PowerPoint preso about yourself for 15 min seems a little TMI. A preso about something you're interested in would be more appropriate to me. Also, the no match on the 401(k) is no great retirement plan, nor the medical ins w/high deductible.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about when you had to tell a person something they didn’t want to hear.
      2) What was the most complicated project you’ve ever worked on?
      3) How did you work with a difficult person?
      4) Tell me about a time when you took initiative and did something without being asked. What was it and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a representative from HR. Typical HR-type questions; scratched the surface of technical/statistical questions, but she flat-out admitted she's from HR, doesn't really know this side of things.
    Next step was a fairly open-ended skills assessment - I was e-mailed three text files with data in them and told to give my assessment on the data, including graph, etc. I was given three hours to complete, from when the text files are e-mailed up to when you send it back (based on time stamp). They were pretty accommodating with me to find time to take the assessment, doesn't need to be during the standard workday.
    After this, I had an interview with two data scientists/managers. They asked some standard HR questions, but also quite a bit about statistics. Asked questions about ANOVA, t-tests, etc. We also discussed what this job would likely pay, which is well below the standard going rate for data scientists. I'm pretty sure my nonverbal language indicated my displeasure, since the tone of the interview immediately shifted. I was removed from the candidate pool a bit later, not voluntarily, though I may have removed myself anyways due to the money.

I didn't get to the final stages, but I believe I'd have gone through another skills assessment, and an interview with a high-ranking executive. For better or worse, the application process takes a very long time. Granted, I never ended up working here, but the general impression I got was that this is a good place to *start* a data career, develop strong skills and leave after a year or two - the pay is just nowhere near what one can expect elsewhere, and long hours are expected.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you had a conflict with a coworker? How did you get it resolved?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through about 10 questions, much similar to the other interview questions others have had related to behavior. ie: "Tell me a time when. . . . "
    The interviewer seemed very nice, She sounded as if she's done this 1000 times and has a script for the interview. She was working from home. not in the office.
    I was a little discombobulated at the start of the interview because the position I applied for was not the position I was interviewed for and did not get a heads up until i began the interview. I had to ask embarrassing questions as to what the requirements and duties were, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Meclabs.
      explain a time when there was a conflict, how did you go about it, and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very extensive. Phone interview with basic hr and stat questions. Online excel test. 3 hours with three questions about time series, a/b testing and t-test things.. Then an online behavioral test and then three in person interviews with 6 different people. First one went over my excel test and asked a couple more statistical questions. The other two were purely hr questions. A lot of the questions repeated and each interview lasted about an hour and a half. Got an offer a week later.

Human Resources Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview team was very professional, very scripted. From the initial phone screen to the 2nd, hour and a half phone interview, to the in-person team meeting, the experience was positive. I was asked very specific, behavior-based questions during the phone interview.

The HR Specialist (Emily) who conducted the phone screen and interview was very pleasant, very professional. Though it felt just a little robotic, it was refreshing to partake in a very deliberate line of questioning that was clearly focused on the environment there.

I was asked to take two assessments following the phone interview. As assessments go, it was geared towards my fit in the corporate culture as well as my work and personal style. They do not share results with you unless you are hired, so I am unaware of any highlights or red flags they may have interpreted.

Following the assessment, I was invited to an in-person interview with two HR team members; the HR Manager and the HR Ops Sr. Director. Prior to the interview "Emily" sent an email with very specific interview instructions and links to a few videos to watch to prepare.

The in-person interview was conducted very professionally. One of the interviewers were with me in a conference room, the other, who is remote, via Skype. They took turns asking very deliberate, behavior-based questions, much like the phone screen. Again, a little robotic in the questioning style, but good questions and what I thought were good exchanges nonetheless. I spent close to two hours with them asking and answering questions. Most were focused on my experiences and ability to lead a team, my experience relevant to the role, and my philosophies on self-development and HR's impact on an organization.

Though I was not offered a position with the company, the interview process itself was meticulous and professional. It was obviously not the right fit for me, but I do respect the time they invested to vet my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging professional peer you've worked with.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

After applying online, there was a phone call to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview there were two unnecessarily long questionnaires to answer. Then came the panel interview, where I was told there would be another interview afterwards. However, I never got that far, for I received an e-mail after the panel interview stating that I wasn’t what they were looking for. The interviewers were very kind and welcoming, and the questions weren’t that hard to answer, just incredibly similar.

Interview Questions

• What sort of issues did you have at your last job?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial over the phone interview followed up by a more in depth phone interview with a member of the HR team. Pretty standard questions, but they seemed a little disorganized when asking them. I then was instructed to complete a skills test, which was based around using photoshop to create banner advertisements and a simple email template.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you failed to meet a deadline ? What are 5 steps to take when creating a new photoshop document ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight to the point and uncomfortably direct. Several steps, very structured. Will require about 20 hours of your time total. They're the type of company that doesn't take your work for credentials or knowledge, and will test your abilities with questioning during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a collaborative environment or to work on your own   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS in March 2015.

Interview

Several steps, very structured. Will require about 20 hours of your time total. They're the type of company that doesn't take your work for credentials or knowledge, and will test your abilities with questioning during interviews and side projects. Which is fine, it just makes the process fairly time and resource intensive.