MGM Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.5

Senior Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, an in-person interview with HR, and two separate meetings with the 2 VP's of the department. Everyone was very friendly. They did a good job of not only describing the position and the expectations, but also getting to know me and my strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• What is the largest obstacle you've ever overcome?
      What type of work environment do you prefer and why?
      What interests you in this position specifically?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR contact was very off-putting - she was borderline rude. They called all my references and forced me to give current and salary information before they would advance me in the process and then didn't follow through with an offer. Overall it was one of the most opaque and negative interview experiences I have ever had.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

MGM hired through temp agencies. This meant that you worked for a time without benefits or any real feelings of security. Then after a few months they decided if they wanted to actually hire you or not. Your leverage is gone after you take the temp position.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios.

Interview

Very easy and very accommodating. 2 rounds of interviews, 4 total people met, including some very senior VPs; contrary to other reviews, they seemed very nice, knowledgable, and willing to collaborate. Entire process (1st interview to offer) took roughly 1 month.

Interview Questions

• 1) What kind of environment are you looking for?

2 ) What is your understanding of certain TV contracts?

3) How would you rate your Excel skills?
      Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

easy interview. Met with HR and then with the supervisors I would be working with. It was very casual and only lasted for about 10 minutes. Got offered the job the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Two standard interviews. One with HR and one with the supervisor. Standard questions asked. Not much else to say. They wanted to know about my background and skills and how I work with others. Overall it was friendly.

Interview Questions

• About background and skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unremarkable

Creative Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview - Recommended by previous intern. Sent in my resume. They asked what I wanted to do in the future. Favorite movie and why. Gave me a detailed description of job. Sent me two scripts to cover. They liked my coverage and gave me the job.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions: Tell me about yourself and what you've learned from past experiences.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews. The second one was formal. Mostly behavior questions but your education has to be either finance, accounting or economics. Never seen any exceptions. When I left the first interview, I don't know it went well. I found out when I got called for the second one.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview with the typical questions. There were two producers who were conducting the interview. One talked more than the other one. When they initially arrived, they were actually 30 minutes late but that didn't bother me. They seemed nice during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing that has happened to you while working?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

first had a phone interview with the current assistant.
    then came into meet with my potential employer. sat in lobby for a long time.
    went into the guys office with my resume. im not sure if he ever looked at it.
    he told me about his path to being an executive.
    asked me about my past job experience.
    told me that mgm was a great place to grow and learn.
    then he told me a lot about what hollywood was like as an industry and asked if i had thick skin,
    then he asked me what my favorite movie was.
    he told me that i would have to pay my dues and if i did i could go far.
    after the interview he gave me sample coverage.

Interview Questions

• what movie are you most excited that isn't out yet   1 Answer