MGM Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.5

Residuals Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

interviewed by a number of people, two from HR, three from Residuals department. I was showing around the whole floor and where I will be working. I was also given the opportunity to ask as many questions as I liked without anyone giving me the impression that it was a stupid question

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to MGM?
      Why MGM?
      Why residuals analyst role?
      A time when you have had to take initiative?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios.

Interview

Phone screening then 2 in-person interviews.
    Asked about past experiences. Very informative about company and job role. Asked questions regarding prior experiences and how it could benefit position applied for.
    Met with HR and then 3 other people on team that was hiring.

Senior Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, an in-person interview with HR, and two separate meetings with the 2 VP's of the department. Everyone was very friendly. They did a good job of not only describing the position and the expectations, but also getting to know me and my strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• What is the largest obstacle you've ever overcome?
      What type of work environment do you prefer and why?
      What interests you in this position specifically?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR contact was very off-putting - she was borderline rude. They called all my references and forced me to give current and salary information before they would advance me in the process and then didn't follow through with an offer. Overall it was one of the most opaque and negative interview experiences I have ever had.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews, the 2nd and 3rd of which were in-person. After the 2nd, I was asked for my references. I was surprised to learn -after- giving my references there would be a third round. No offer was made, and I was forced to explain to three of my references why I wasted their time.

This made me come off as awkward and unprofessional to those references. Whether they'll act as a reference again in the future is up in the air.

Interview Questions

• What strategy would you apply to grow this line of business?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Ease peasy. Asked routine questions. Actually now that I think of it, lots of questions about what happens when you disagree with people.... foreshadowing?
    >Explain what you do now.
    >How do handle disagreements?
    >What do you do if you disagree with someone?
    >How do you stay organized?
    >When do you feel you need to escalate an issue?

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

MGM hired through temp agencies. This meant that you worked for a time without benefits or any real feelings of security. Then after a few months they decided if they wanted to actually hire you or not. Your leverage is gone after you take the temp position.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios.

Interview

Very easy and very accommodating. 2 rounds of interviews, 4 total people met, including some very senior VPs; contrary to other reviews, they seemed very nice, knowledgable, and willing to collaborate. Entire process (1st interview to offer) took roughly 1 month.

Interview Questions

• 1) What kind of environment are you looking for?

2 ) What is your understanding of certain TV contracts?

3) How would you rate your Excel skills?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

easy interview. Met with HR and then with the supervisors I would be working with. It was very casual and only lasted for about 10 minutes. Got offered the job the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Two standard interviews. One with HR and one with the supervisor. Standard questions asked. Not much else to say. They wanted to know about my background and skills and how I work with others. Overall it was friendly.

Interview Questions

• About background and skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unremarkable