MOCON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

Interviews for Top Jobs at MOCON

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MOCON (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

Process was relatively quick. I had 1-2 phone screenings and was brought in for face to face. At the face to face I interviewed with 5 people (mostly one-on-ones). Questions were fairly basic and typical.

The reason I am saying the experience was negative is because after my interview I was told I would be receiving an offer via email, I went through the whole background check process and had to get references to write lengthy reports about me.

4 weeks later I received a phone call from the recruiter person saying, "In the 11th hour an internal person came forward and said they wanted the position and they gave it to them"

This is a terrible practice and I am sure other companies due this too. Because of this whole process I turned away and down other positions thinking I was going to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MOCON (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The process involved multiple interviews with various team member, it was quick and they were decisive, meeting with HR, Vice President, President, Sales, Manufacturing the Laboratory and marketing team, and a complete tour of the entire facility, which was quite impressive.

Questions were made relating to my current position and the skill set that would be translatable to the hiring position. What were my strengths and weaknesses that would add value or be a detriment. The questions were straight forward and the interview environment was relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was quite straightforward, with a proposal that provided a breakdown of the complete salary/benefit package.