MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions

3.1

Chief Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (Portland, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

After a short phone interview they scheduled a face to face. Interview process was challenging but fair. The panel was diversified and very professional.

Interview Questions

• If we polled 4 of the people that has worked under you, and asked them to describe you with four words, what would be those words?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard process. Recruiter and Hiring Manager were present. It lasted for more than 90 min. Different types of questions: How did you manage this/that, Describe the situation when you had to do something beyond your position; How do you work under stress...? Nothing new or unexpected, except it was too long.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (Bend, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

There were a number of phone conversations with the recruiter. I then filled out an application and sent in my resume'. Then, I received 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews, 2 personality profile tests, and a courtesy phone interview with the VP of Sales from MMFS.

Interview Questions

• Are you up for all of the cold calling you will be asked to do?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

After talking to a recruiter at the school career fair, HR arranged for a flight to Seattle and had a car waiting to take me to the corporate office. The interview was a pretty standard behavioral type interview with the director of project management and the head of HR. The questions were designed to allow you to talk about how you've handled situations in the past. It was all about showing that you can work well on a team and also take initiative in solving/preventing problems. The interview lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.   1 Answer

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

After a phone interview I received an itinerary to fly and continue with the interview process: This process starts with a facility tour (Main office building), Service facilities and Warehouse/Shop facility.
    Then I've interviewed by a panel of four people, (Service Manager, Technical Manager, Human Resources and Operations Manager)

Interview Questions

• They mention something about an exam/test in order to measure my knowledge in the technical field. I was expecting a ten pages multiple choice test but instead I meet a Senior Technician who conducted a live test with a computer, projector and two more persons in the room. He ask me specific questions about Tridium AX, and I have to complete everything what he ask for, from opening a station to create a graphic from scratch...   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the live test I receive the job offer, (same day)

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

My situation was a little different, as they'd been burned in the past and wanted to make sure they were hiring the right person for the position. My first interview was two-fold; The first half with the person who used to have my position but is now in a different department, and the second half with my direct supervisor. I then had a second interview in a group setting, taking questions from many of the people for whom I now work.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based directly on my existing skill level for completing the tasks for which I'd be hired. I don't recall any specifically difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered more than I asked for because they wanted me to be happy about coming to work for them. It worked!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions in March 2011.

Interview

Everything with the initial contact, application and interview went quickly. But no real training or introductions when I started.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions.

Interview

3 person interview round-table, Meet with Building Performance Manager and Purchasing Director. Met at South Seattle location, in conference room. Interview lasted one hour and was formal. Office is business casual, suit and tie is recommended for applicant. Be prepared with background of company and write down your strengths and weaknesses. Interviewers take notes on key skills and areas that directly align with position role and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• mostly questions on people skills and information about past projects. How much AutoCAD experience, scale of 1 to 5, what is your skill lvl in AutoCAD. Describe a time when you managed a project over 5 people. What challenges did you run into and how did you deal with it? How comfortable are you working multiple projects and describe a time when you had difficulty. What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question