Magna Chartered Surveyors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Magna Chartered Surveyors

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Magna Chartered Surveyors (Williamsburg, IA).

Interview

Initial phone interview then team interview on site, once team interview was completed and results presented to GM I returned for a one on one interview with the General Manager of the plant

Software Engineer - Motor Controls Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Magna Chartered Surveyors.

Interview

They did the group panels for twice teleconference calls for nearly an hour every time. First conference was for management team. Second was hiring manager and technical staff. This process spent three months. I answered all their questions well. After the second, the recruiter called me and left a message. I called him back and left a message but did get reply. I sent him an email. he replied calling back but not. Compared to similar positions I took from other automotive company, FCA, Daimler and other companies etc., Magna's process really is tediously long and not friendly.

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magna Chartered Surveyors (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was guided from the reception to the boardroom by someone from HR, and was offered a drink. We sat down for a moment, and then 2 more personnel joined us, one was the controller and I can't recall who the other person was.

During the interview, my previous experience at a coffee/donut shop came up, and the controller LAUGHED that I had worked there 5 years ago. I couldn't believe that he/she would laugh at that, it's just so incredibly rude. The person in HR defended me and said that they had worked at a similar place as well in the past, and there is nothing to be ashamed about or laugh at. The controller had quite a few instances where I thought he/she was rude.

The third person sat miserably the entire time and said maybe one word. Sat slouched in the chair, and didn't even seem to be paying attention for the most part, barely looked at me either.

The two people seemed miserable and the controller was just a rude person in general. The person from HR was the opposite, was very nice and likeable.

I was too experienced/advanced for the position, as the job description was extremely misleading. Turns out they basically just needed a person for data entry, and not someone to assist in audits, financial statement preparation, etc...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about Magna.
      What is 3-way matching?
      What is variable overhead?
      What is fixed overhead?
      What type of corporate structure do you like the best?
      Describe yourself in 3 words
      Do you work well in teams? Do you like to work in teams?

Some other common questions to get to know you, such as weaknesses, strengths, go through your resume (the 3 of them had a copy), etc..   Answer Question