Management Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management Concepts Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Concepts (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Convoluted. When things were going well -- before they rejected my application -- they were not consistent about how many interviews there were supposed to be. I completed 2 phone interviews, and and two in person interviews (with 3 people total, 2 in the first one, 1 in the second), and by the second phone interview, they wanted me to complete 2 more! So, yes, very unorganized, with a dash of overkill. The HR guy is quite nice, but he will tell you one thing, and the other VP or Director will say something else. They just seemed all over the place. One thing that REALLY bothered me was my interview with one of the Directors, he came off very arrogant, and even asked me a question concerning my family: if I had children and if I was married, which is HUGE HR no, no. He dropped numbers as well ($65,000), which was above what the HR guy quoted haha, so once I caught on, and agreed, they of course dropped my application. My experience with Management Concepts left a bad taste in my mouth, and now I avoid their job postings like the plague.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the levels of interactions in detail?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe an artifact at the design phase, that will aid an instructor, of an instructor led course?   1 Answer

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Management Concepts (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was quickly contacted by HR after I submitted my resume. The interview was scheduled for a few days later. The interview with the VP seemed to go well, and then I was told my the recruiter that they decided to go in a "different direction".

Interview Questions

• I was asked about industry trends, contacts and relationships with existing customers. The interview was very conversational and it was easy to build rapport with the interviewer. He seemed to be interested in getting some information from me, but was not willing to come right out and say it. That made me feel uncomfortable since I didn't know what he really wanted to know was illegal to ask, or if he just could not put it into words.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Management Concepts (Vienna, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. First, an HR manager called. Then, a phone interview with a manager. At that point, though I had applied for Instructional Designer, they decided I would be better suited as a Senior Instructional Designer. The same day, an in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. That was a repeat of the phone interview but with more discussion. I was offered the job one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions, really. Just a discussion of adult learning theory and software systems   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was emailed an offer after HR called to ask how much my salary requirement was. I should have asked for other things in writing- namely the policy on flexible hours and telework because both were promised but neither came to fruition.

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Concepts (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I first applied online on the company's website. I received a brief screening call from human resources as the first interview. Then, I met with the team I'd be working with as my second interview. Then, I met with division-leadership for the third and final interview. The entire process was fair and positive.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position? Why do you want to work as an ID for Management Concepts? How do design for engagement?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Management Concepts.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by In-person interview with division Executive Director, In-person interview with staff reporting to the position, in-person interview with company President. Reference check and background checks prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal objectives for the next 5 years and where do you see your biggest opportunity for contribution to this organization.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Management Concepts (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Typically 2 interviews at hiring manager and executive level. Questions will balance technical skills and personality/cultural fit. Compensation is "whole person" based and are managed by position bands. Some degree of negotiation possible. A good option is that many staff work remotely, and many as Independent Contractors, as alternative to FT/PT positions.

Interview Questions

• None particularly difficult. Interview for senior staff is more of a discussion.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The process starts with a phone screen by a recruiter. Then, you'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager. If that goes well, you'll come in for a face-to-face with the hiring manager, the team, and the Executive Director for the division. Note that you'll also likely interview with the COO of the company. He wants to meet every qualified candidate.

My interviews varied in terms of formality. Some were more casual and others all business. Be prepared to have conversations and answer serious questions.

Most questions are standard, with some behavioral sprinkled in. No one asked me anything that I hadn't prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's usually some negotiating room in salary, but not a lot. I'd recommend trying to negotiate non-monetary items if you can.