Manifest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Manifest

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manifest (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is very disorganized and they know it. After the initial phone interview, you meet with someone from HR in person (after waiting about a half hour to see that person). Then, if you get the second in-person interview, you wait another half hour to speak with a few people from your department. Then, after waiting another half hour to an hour, you meet with a hiring manager/department head. It's a very long process and expect it to take close to two weeks. The entire process is very poorly structured, mostly because the entire company is very busy all the time and do not set aside time for interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about Manifest Digital and what we do?   Answer Question

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manifest (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Was called by the recruiter after finding my resume on LinkedIn. Had a phone screen with her, then a second phone screen with someone at the office. Both phone screens focused on past experience, including gaps in the work I've done. I was then invited for an in-person interview. Met with a peer and a VP, further discussed the nature of my work and my philosophy on Interaction Design. Followed up in e-mail and phone, but received absolutely no response. I see no reason why a company who recruits someone should simply decided to cease contact. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of left field or particularly difficult. They focused primarily on previous experience.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manifest (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The process begins with a phone screening, and is followed by an in-person screening, and then a scoping exercise that was challenging and well-executed. A small panel of employees of different disciplines sat in on the process and asked challenging questions. It was clear that they care about selecting quality project managers who not only can talk the talk, but walk the walk as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult internal team member? How did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Manifest (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Defining my current versus future responsibilities. I am a current FTE employee with many years of experience. I have led the east coast office on many levels, in the trenches and leadership. New management wanted to define my future role and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What do I want for the future   1 Answer

Senior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manifest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

If you're in the creative industry and being recruited by Manifest Digital, you're probably hearing a story of how they just hired an amazing new creative director, how they've got all these opportunities lined up, how they just reorganized and they're about to expand to a new city....

I wouldn't put much faith in any of that. This is the fourth year in a row they've been trying to sell that. When I first started working there they had just merged with a company called Kerosene Digital. Within a year, every single employee had been fired and all the accounts were lost.

If you're a designer, expect to spend most of your time creating graphics for some UX person's power point presentation. Oh, and they seat the project managers and your supervisor directly behind you so your screen can be monitored. Good times!

Interview Questions

• Just standard stuff. They'll ask about UX, so study up about that   Answer Question

Negotiation

They lied to me about bonuses and the chance to have my salary bumped up at 6 months.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manifest (Columbus, OH) in September 2008.

Interview

I was initially contacted via phone and spoke with the individual for roughly 10 minutes. After that, I came in and met with 3 people, each of them asked questions. I was then asked to shadow the individual I'd be replacing to fully understand their duties and communicate my thoughts/feelings. On my 3rd visit to the office I was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was in a tough position and excited to be offered a job. In hindsight, I should have asked for more money.

Senior Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Manifest.

Interview

A friend of a friend invited me to apply to Manifest's open writer/editor role, and the position lined up fabulously with my skills and interests. At first, communication was very quick: HR arranged a phone chat within a week, followed quickly by an in-person one-on-one with a very senior-level leader. Those went exceptionally well, and within two days, I was invited back to meet more potential teammates in both individual and group settings. Again, those went well and it was easy for all of us to connect the dots between my previous work and what would be expected of me. I was told that HR would connect with me again within a week. But a week went by. And then two weeks. And then four. And then eight. Despite my periodically emailing my HR contacts (who had been very enthusiastic and responsive previously), I had no response for months. A recruiter finally told me long after I'd moved on that they'd decided not to fill the role. I just don't understand how a company can bring someone in for multiple interviews and not follow up with basic communication and decency.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have planning content for [industry that a client is in]?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manifest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Disorganized process. Initial phone screen went fine, after that interviewed with two different teams. Given very little info about what to expect, with one interview given the names of five different people who would be there, only one turned out to be part of it, plus two others. Never heard back after interview with second team. A simple email from human resources to close the loop to say you went with another candidate, or filled the position internally goes a long way. If I am not the right fit, then that's ok - but those types of gaps leave a poor impression.

Interview Questions

• No tough or unexpected questions. Just asked about past experience and management style.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manifest (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The initial phone interview was pretty standard. Talked with the recruiter, based in Chicago, about my background and the role itself. I was invited for a meeting with the Manager for this position a few days later.

When I met with the Manager, his vision of the role was very different from the one that was posted online and what I had spoken withe the recruiter about. He also explained that the New York office functions as a hub where most of their PMs work, while the other offices hold most of their creative teams. I personally don't believe in this model, I feel that teams work most effectively when they are in the same office (whenever possible).

Honestly, if I had this information from the beginning, I would not have proceeded past the phone interview. Clearly things are very chaotic here because of the recent merger. My impression is that many of their offices are in good shape, but personally I would stay away from the New York one.

Senior Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manifest.

Interview

The interview process--as far as I got in it--consisted of several rounds: a phone interview with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a writing exam. The exam felt needlessly confusing--the kind of test that seems to evaluate not your ability in the tested subject, but your ability to take tests. There were very few directions, and there seemed to be company-specific lingo throughout. When I emailed to ask a question, I was told only to try my best. It was a long test (you have 48 hours with it) and I put a lot of thought and work into it. So imagine how frustrated I was when I never heard back from the company... not even six months later.