Marek Brothers Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted me after attending a career fair at the University of Texas at San Antonio, which I am currently attending. Very friendly, and willing to work with school schedule.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems.

Interview

Rather strange. No Business Cards given and no last name for the man who did the phone interview or the first person in the in-person interview. Seemed very uneasy and had no idea how to interview. No idea why he was even interviewing me as I wouldn't think the position would have very much to do with his position. The second person was better - even told me his whole name. I always ask why the position is open and he was VERY put out by that. Wanted me to ask questions but then was very put out by my daring to. Did not want to answer - could tell he was used to getting his own way.

Interview Questions

• You've read the Job Description so tell me why you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems in June 2014.

Interview

Initial contact made via email, and then set up a dinner interview in which the company paid for us to sit down and have a comfortable, relaxed environment to discuss the employment opportunity. Great guys interviewed me, made me feel like a part of the team and company right from the start, and they were very focused on making it not tense.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really throw any curveballs, they were straightforward from the start, basic interview questions can be expected for this type of position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the terms because the initial offer was more than fair.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems (Houston, TX).

Interview

Friendliest people, always enjoy stopping by their booth to talk to same people! They take the time to personally get to know you.

Project Manager/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Folks are friendly. I interviewed twice. First with who would be my immediate boss and his boss. Second interview was with 'his boss' and houston president. I thought they seemed to have a lot of confidence in me because of my experience, I think instead it was because I was referred. All the project managers are male. Assistants and receptionists are female. Seems like a friendly environment. Most have private offices.

Interview Questions

Regardless of my experience, my offer was for an entry level person which was too low to sustain myself. Benefits like PTO days, eligibility for raises and bonuses were minimal compared to my previous employments. The job description and the people I met were all great. I wish it would have worked out.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems in May 2011.

Interview

The interview and hiring process went very well. I came recommended by a respected employee so I assume this played a big part in the ease of the interview. The interview was more of a meet and greet rather than a weeding out process. They had just let go of the previous person in the position and they had not begun officially looking for another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours behind a desk? (Translation - The last 2 employees couldn't handle 10 hrs per day at a computer)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. I was able to negotiate a slightly higher starting salary.

Field Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marek Brothers Systems (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Easy interview and great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• how much do you want to be making?   1 Answer