Maritz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maritz (Maumee, OH).

Interview

There was a job fair and they did one-on -one interviews. Then they called you back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• they just asked stupid things and made you read a list of names and words.   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maritz (Toledo, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

You have an 1:1 interview and a week or so later I got a call back to start orentation.

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Maritz (Fenton, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The process began with going to a career fair, then having one phone interview followed by in-person interview with the individuals that would be managing me. The in-person interview was in January, and the offer was given in April.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with Excel?
      Tell me about your experience studying abroad.
      What experience do you have that is applicable to this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maritz (Torrance, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very laid back, he asked the normal interview questions but it did not necessarily feel like one of those nerve-racking interviews! I also went there just to drop my resume off, but since I knew someone who was close to the company, he kind of started the interview right there. This was the only interview I had to do, other than the very vague phone interview when they ask you to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience, what you want the company to do for you, why you think you would be a good asset as an intern?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maritz in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and I appreciated that considering it was a full-time paid internship during college. The questions asked were relevant to the job and the interviewer was very respectful of time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't too many questions out of the ordinary asked, though I was asked about some skill proficiency that I had listed on my resume. Which, to me, was a good thing because it showed they cared enough to ask and hopefully would do the same with others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me up front what the pay rate was so I knew what I was getting into (it was better than any I'd heard). There wasn't really any negotiation process.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maritz (Fenton, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Not concise. Manager did not know what she wanted or what she was looking for, included people that did not seem interested in participating in the process. Two people started the process, then one had to leave for a meeting. They called at 6 pm for an in person interview the next day at 10 am with 2 people that did not have any prepared questions.

Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maritz (Kirksville, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

You have to prove that you have basic typing competency, not at all a challenge. You can make mistakes. You also have to show that you are basically literate - they'll ask you to read from a script to make sure you have a decent speed. Even if you're not perfect they'll train you on speed, diction, clarity if it needs polishing. I was surprised at how quickly I was hired but it turns out they'll hire basically anyone because they have such a high turnover rate due to the extremely boring work and the ebb and flow of college students in and out of town.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maritz (Kirksville, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

You will be taken into a room and given a WPM test and a script reading test. Casual conversation about your past work experiences after that. Pretty laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you had to overcome in the past and how did you do that?   Answer Question

Market Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maritz (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted an online application, received a call to schedule an interview one week later. Chose to do the interview the next day. The office was pretty quiet, occasionally you would hear people high-fiving or chatting, though. The corporate culture seemed very casual, pretty much everyone was wearing jeans and polos/sweaters. The interview was 2.5 hours long. I met with 3 people total, 2 project directors and 1 research manager. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. They were primarily concerned with how I prioritized tasks when I had multiple things to do. Also asked a lot about my experience working in teams. The interview ended with a 1 hr assessment where you had to mess around with PowerPoint and interpret a few statistical charts.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you wouldn't want to leave here without me knowing?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maritz (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Not too difficult. Had a phone call and then an in-person group meeting with department head and subordinates. It lasted about an hour and a half. I got offered the position about five days later.