Marrone Bio Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.6

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations (Davis, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a 40 min phone interview with the group leader. Most of the questions were related to my previous experience and how can I apply them to their processes and projects. Went really smooth and got an onsite interview invitation within a week after phone screening. The onsite interview went a bit stressful. Ran whole day and talked to about 20 people in the company. Most of them are scientists in different groups. They also asked me to throw a 30-minutes presentation about my previous work.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations (Davis, CA).

Interview

There was a phone call with a recruiter and one with HR followed by on site interview. The company paid for an overnight stay at local hotel. The company promptly made me an offer after I thanked them and expressed my interest in working there immediately after the interview. I was given enough time to find new lodgings as I had to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Experience related questions pertinent to the responsibilities of the job, both technical and interpersonal. The questions were often not the typical scripted ones one sees and the individual interviews seemed more like two way conversations. All the staff were very friendly and made the interviewing process very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and vacation. Start date.

Invertebrate Pest Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

You are interviewed by a panel, usually by the members of the department you are applying for. Interview was quick and easy, and asked questions mostly about your interests and skills. One 15-20 minute interview that was mostly conversational. If major is relevant, your chances increase greatly. Overall, simple interview stage.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class you have taken in UC Davis?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations.

Interview

Phone Interview then short in-person interview. Then follow-up in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations (Davis, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

very short behavioral type of interview
    What's your interest?
    how would you handle multi-tasks?
    What are your lab skills?
    How would you describe yourself?
    Why do you want this position and what's your goal?

very unprofessional company that give no response for interview, the only reason you want to work for them is that you want to stick around davis area.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations (Davis, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

the whole process is friendly, will ask several questions about background, professions, career status. get interviewed not by the recruiter but the boss. more question followed up about the research i am working on and the result of previous research. conversation is about 1 hr.

Process Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations (Davis, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview where they asked about my resume and classes that I was taking. Afterwards, I had an in-person interview with 4 interviewers. They asked about my technical skills, what I wanted to do after I graduated, and work experience. They were impressed that I had previous aseptic lab experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how HPLC works?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was a flat rate based on how far in your education you were.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marrone Bio Innovations.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. 4 separate interviews which includes HR and the manager of the department. Each lasting 40 minutes
    3. a lot of situational question about time management and priorities from each interview. Went well until the Last interview was with the manager who was very awkward in the way they asked questions. Definitely caught off guard.

work culture there seemed interesting. a lot of these people are just here to work and do not really enjoy their jobs. a lot of the banter during the interview was a lot of the employees wanting to go back to school for other things or looking to obtain a higher degree in something for more pay.

tips: come very well prepared. review all laboratory work you have done in the past. Understand why something is used. practice answering situational questions regarding time management and priorities.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult question you were asked and why? What was the best question you were asked and why?   Answer Question