Marten Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.0

Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Addison, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

They just tell you lies about money you will never see and there always will be a problem with you getting your money; these people are snakes an have no ethics or morals & they are also the only ones getting paid: trust me, avoid these people and this company at all cost...

OTR Regional Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marten Transport.

Interview

Phone call. Asked me about my experience with semi trucks. Willing to be out and made me promises that they did not keep. And how soon I would be able to go to orientation

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very fast done to complete intro to Marten. Meet DOT requirements. No mention on how to keep company required regulations on minimum incidents. Like most trucking companies use as many people as they can then they are finished with you. All to avoid insurance company increased rates.

Western Region Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy, light questions over the phone with a recruiter about driving experiences. The rest was sent via email or done online to include a DMV printout which they retain. After phone interview, the recruiter will actually send you an offer letter and if you accept it, they will send you a bus/plane ticket to the nearest terminal for training. Also, a medical exam is done on the first date, so be prepared for a long day.

Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marten Transport (DeSoto, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

They asked me the standard questions and we discussed a previous accident I had been involved in, where they gave me a thumbs up for how I handled my vehicle to protect an innocent child's life by my quick thinking.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever side-swiped, rear-ended or had a roll-over in a truck   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mondovi, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Mondovi, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical trucking interview. Five minutes on the phone, they check your record, you're done. Anyone who's in truck driving knows that this is the same across the board. Keep you record clean you'll get in anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Is your CDL in good standing, the end.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marten Transport in September 2014.

Interview

File the application and a recruiter contacted me. took 2 days to get the information completed then set up a time for orientation. Orientation took 2 days but bleed into a 3rd due to some of the peoples paper work did nit get done right. got paid for orientation, plus a 3rd days pay, was flown from Florida to Georgia for orientation then they paid for a rental car for me to drive back down to Florida to get my truck and also paid for the travel pay as well

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug screen and physical?   1 Answer

OTR Regional Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy and nice to talk to

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything I wanted

Western Region Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Process was easy and thorough. Orientation was fun and informative. When I had questions they were answered without delay and with all the information I would need to make informed decisions. Orientation was set up similar to a classroom. The paperwork was minimal and not difficult. Questions were answered knowledgably. The accommodation and transportation were a bonus in my book. I was treated with dignity and respect through out the entire process. I was given all the information I needed prior to arriving for orientation which made thing go very smoothly. The interviewer explained that I would need my CDL, passport, and social security card. Their attitude towards me was warm and friendly, welcoming. During my interview I felt welcome and am very glad that Marten Transport hired me.They flew me to pick up my first truck so much better than a Greyhound bus. (THANK YOU) I have had some challenges but over all if you keep a cool head things work out. I would and do recommend Marten Transport to friends and other drivers from other companies. Overall my hiring and interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Driver Manager insists delivery to a customer that is closed over the weekend. Knowing they are closed and telling me to attempt delivery and report what I find. (for the 2nd time to this particular costumer)   1 Answer

Negotiation

A date to begin working and when and where to pick up my truck.

Area Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marten Transport (Los Gatos, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very friendly and open. I was encouraged to mention from the first interview how my experience and skills could contribute to drive sales in the region. I interviewed with the Senior Director of the area and I felt no pressure from him. Also, he was very straight forward on the expectations set for this position, so I knew right there this was the company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• Relevant experience and suggestions on how to drive sales.   1 Answer