Martinrea International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Martinrea International

2.5

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Martinrea International (North Vernon, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for HR Generalist; was offered HR Coordinator. Applied online via Monster. Receive interested email the next day. First interview was with the HR Manager. The following week was a panel interview with the dept. (Total of 4 people). Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Excel knowledge, strengths, weakness, why I was looking. Why this company   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Martinrea International.

Interview

The interview started on time and I was greeted by the HR. I was led to a waiting room at first and then was called to a managers room along with the HR. Then they asked some basic questions about the field and my relevant experiece towards the job. Then some questions from my resume and they checked how interested I was. I really loved the experience and it went really well. Then there was a tour of the plant where the HR clearly explained each and every process carried out in the plant and made me really motivated. They told me to wait for a week or two for the results.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Industrial and Manufacturing engineering.   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Springfield, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

Very comfortable and easy. Straight to the point. I was shown the operation, explained the reason for the opening, informed of the current situation and issues. Informed of the challenges presented with this position both short term and long term. I was presented a very clear picture of the company and it state. They defined needs, wants with timing to get there and finally asked if I wanted to be part of that journey.

Interview Questions

• Now that you have seen our operation, what kind of changes or improvement activities do you think you can implement that will provide the biggest savings and what will you need resource and timing wise.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Shelbyville, KY) in August 2012.

Interview

Used a temporary agency, filled out application with them. They called me the next day and said they weren't sure when the company would be hiring. The next day they called again to schedule me an interview with the company. I went the following day for the interview, was hired on the spot in a group of 30.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, just basic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations, union contract set forth with company set the standard for all hired.

Skilled Trades Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Horable, all employees looked unhappy. A cold day and all employees were wearing winter jackets. The HR to forever to handle the whole hiring process. Manager wanted to know if I go to the bar to drink.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corydon, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Corydon, IN) in June 2018.

Interview

Called into a room with two company personnel. Was "interviewed" for about 15 minutes. They obviously hadn't read my resume thoroughly. The main interviewer would not listen or wait for me to finish my answers. Condescending and rude. At one point asked me "is this all the automotive industry experience you have?" If he had read my resume, maybe could have saved us both a waste of time. The other person asked me about why I had lots of 2 year stretches at companies, when it was obvious that I had been promoted within the same company... My advice is to read people's resumes more closely and pre-screen. Save yourself and the applicant some time. Also, dropping the condescending attitude even if the applicant doesn't exactly match your expectations.

Interview Questions

• "Is that all the automotive experience you have?"   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Auburn Hills, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

The first interview was with both hiring managers at once followed by a conversation with human resources. A few weeks later I was called back to interview with one of the Vice Presidents.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Clarksville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

There was really no interview they looked over my resume after I drove down to the plan they didn't even give me a plant tour I went by what I read online

Interview Questions

• It would just general questions no interview   1 Answer

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Shelbyville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very thorough and informative. Received a plant tour and all my questions were answered. I was walked through a normal day of the position and asked a few typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you excel at and one thing you need to work on?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Martinrea International (Riverside, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Typical interview levels including phone and in person. Standard interview questions plus numerous psychological questions. Though there were five individuals in the room, the overall process was never in question. All personnel present were attentive throughout last interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. .. tell us about your experience, etc   Answer Question