Maryville University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Maryville University

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maryville University

Sort:

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maryville University.

Interview

There was a very fast turn-around time between my phone interview and on-campus interview. It was a full day, with opportunities to speak with faculty and students. There was also a demonstration lesson. Everyone was friendly, knowledgable, and supportive. Interactions were authentic and geared to ensure that the position would be a good fit for both of us.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maryville University (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2009.

Interview

Had one interview on phone with Dean. Then an interview with dean of college of Arts and Sciences and all faculty who peppered me with questions. Finally one last interview with the Vice President of Academic Affairs.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was about how many children I had and how I expected to balance my work load at Maryville with taking care of them.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate. Found out later I was paid below the institutions pay grade and got a raise which was not retroactive.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maryville University (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. I was interviewed by the three main workers in the department and they asked to see my portfolio. Overall, the interview was about 30 minutes and I received an offer within the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to add and contribute to this department?   Answer Question

Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maryville University (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The interviewer was very nice and wanted to know more about myself, past experiences, and why i applied for the job. The questions were not too bad, because i was being myself. I had read on various sites that interviewers can tell when you are being fake no matter how genuine you think you sound. My advise is for you to just be yourself.

Solution Squad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maryville University.

Interview

30 minute phone screening. If called back, 4 hour in person interview meeting multiple people across campus, HR visit, and 1:1 conversation with potential supervisor. Total process can take weeks/months.