MasTec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasTec (Coral Gables, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 meeting with 2 or 3 attorneys. Each interview was about 30mins long. the entire process was just over 1 hour. After which, the attorneys met collectively and decided to make an offer right after.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your strengths, weaknesses, experience.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasTec (Coral Gables, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I heard about the staff accountant position from a recruiter. I had a little trouble finding parking at the location. I interviewed with the Controller, he was very down to earth. I didn't get to the second interview. Apparently, the job title is staff accountant, but the job description sounds like a financial analyst. The interviewer basically told me that I didn't need to know GAAP. I lost interest when I realized that the work didn't match with the job title.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were easy to answer. Why do you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MasTec (Pacific, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied and interviewed same day and took the drug test which took a week to complete. Overall the interview process was easy and stress free. Upper management was negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Can you operate a mini excavator   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MasTec (Centennial, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Put up resume on careerbuilder. Got contacted by a recruiter. Told the recruiter i was interested. Filled out application. Got contacted for phone interview after phone interview got email for consent of a background check. This was on a Thursday. Monday got a call from hiring manager to do one to one onterview
     Scheduled an interview for 9am next week and at 4pm was told they regret to not accept me. The interviewer didn't ask me much questions just had me tell him about my background and then i asked him questions. I asked how much knowledge do you need of sql
     He told me ideal candidate would be anle to pull raw data which is probably why i was not hired.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MasTec (Centennial, CO).

Interview

The hiring process was open and highly communicative. When I interviewed I found the hiring manager to be laid back and easy to talk to. He was honest with me that my experience did not line up with the requirements of the position and that he thought I may not be the best fit for the position. I was unhappy with the result but glad I didn't waste any time moving on to my next interview.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I have ever 'completely botched' a really important assignment.   Answer Question

Installation Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MasTec (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone call, with some basic screening questions on skills and ability. Followed by a personal interview. A lot more in depth on the details and the physical ability to do the job. It's paid training. After training you get your truck.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever done "wall fishing"? I didn't know what that was until I asked. It's running wire in the walls.   1 Answer
    • Had I worked weekends?   1 Answer
    • If I could carry 50 pounds on a ladder or if I had ever carried ?   1 Answer
    • My computer abilities?   1 Answer
    • Why this job? Why did I apply?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's paid by the piece.

Installation Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasTec in January 2014.

Interview

If they like you and you're breathing, you're hired! The interviewer just basically asks you if you've ever climbed on a ladder and do you know how to handle a power tool.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MasTec (Marion, SC) in September 2010.

Interview

They are overly concerned about education. Any piece of paper that is from a college will outweigh any experience you may have.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions right out of any how to conduct an interview book. Such as why do you want to work for Mastec?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do very little negotiations. They often downplay the salaries they are paying others to low ball their offer.

Cable Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasTec (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview with very easy I was a phone interview after the phone interview had to take a background check outside to do a drug test at the dirtiest they offered me the job

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shevlin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MasTec (Shevlin, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone call to setup interview within the same week. I went to the office and met with two people. They started off by describing what MasTec does and what their divisions do. Then they went on to describe the position they are trying to fill. After that we discussed my skills and employment background. I was then told about the work schedule and benefits. When we were done they let me know that a decision would be made within a week.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what MasTec does?   1 Answer