MasterBrand Cabinets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MasterBrand Cabinets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

Executive Interview

Interview

Phone interview and two in person interview. They brought me in to tour the facility, then my boss took me to lunch to get to know me more. This allowed us both to get a feel for how we would work together.

Customer Service Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets.

Interview

Went well was told the next steps but never any follow up after that. Recruiter was awesome but just seemed to be a long process from March to July and I was more than qualified.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets (Jasper, IN).

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and other people were very warm and friendly.

The first few minutes was how much the interviewer disliked the location of the job. The interviewer asked personal family related questions which i think had nothing to do with the job.

The company is located in a very small town and this was not an issue for me but the interviewer brought the same issue up multiple times, told me how difficult it is to get an apartment and groceries and people travel 30+ minutes for the job and there was no option of remote work.. I felt i was discouraged to take the job.

Then the technical interview started, sections on Asp.net, MVC, Web services, SQL. The questions were very high level, easy and seemed that the interviewer was reading from a list and was expecting what was the exact answer. I tried to explain in detailed and gave multiple examples when i had used a certain concept in a real life project. I managed to answer almost all the questions.

I decided not to pursue the opportunity and pulled out.

Interview Questions

• google asp.net, oops, c#, SQL interview questions and the first few links will have all the questions asked.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets.

Interview

SLOW. I applied online and didn't hear back for weeks. I figured the job was filled. When I did get a call finally, the process was the most ridiculous circus that went on for another few weeks. The phone interview with the recruiter was fine and she was very nice. The paperwork and drug testing were another story. The online third party portals they used were awful and outdated. The customer service was a joke and no one could figure out why they weren't working. I was confused as to why I couldn't fill it out and just send it back on PDF or paper. The drug screening was at a standard place but it was only offered at ONE location and it was in a completely unsafe area and their system was a nightmare. There was a waiting list for days and standing room only waiting room with drug users there to get their pee tested for their parole officers. When I asked about doing this at a safer lab that I would pay for myself, I was not allowed to do so without any other options. And because you have to do this test within 48 hours of their "go time", I missed the window because I had another job I was still doing and I couldn't even get in to get tested anyways. The process to fix this date was so cumbersome I felt bad for the recruiter trying to get approval for this and that. I could tell she was frustrated by the company's outdated system. I spent a total of about 12 hours just trying to get tested and was forced to sit in an office trying to flag workers down to check to see if their system had been updated for me.

Once I had that done, my actual interview went fine. I was made an offer that was good and I accepted it. However, my pay structure was changed at the last minute before I started that wasn't what I wanted but I had already let my other job go at that point and had stopped pursuing other leads. Was very disappointed by that arbitrary decision that seemed like they were trying to cut down on paying people salary.

Manager Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets.

Interview

Most ridiculous group interview I have ever witnessed. Hiring manager wasn't present in the group (leads one to believe who really runs the show). Team of 13 people. Way too many to be in on an interview. Recruiters have too much power on who is selected for interview. They don't recognized good talent.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions of what are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Manager, Home Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets (Jasper, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line.

A couple weeks later, I was contacted by recruiter via email for an on-line personality assessment and a general screening via telephone.

A week later I had another telephone screen that asked specifics about my experience.

I was then set up for an on-site interview a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• First interview was with the hiring director. He asked me specifics about my experience.   1 Answer
    • The second interview was with the VP of the department. He asked me what I had been told about the job.   1 Answer
    • The third and fourth interview were with other team members in the department. The third interviewer didn't ask me anything off of my resume, he said he just wanted to get to know me a little better. The fourth interviewer asked me questions about sports teams.   1 Answer
    • The feedback I received from the recruiter was subjective.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets (Jasper, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very informal, quick phone interview, 2 onsite interviews. The interviewers do a great job of making you feel welcome and engaged. Good questions that make you think. Like to ask questions that will throw you off to see how you respond.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask bizarre questions to try to catch you off guard and see how you respond.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line. Got an interview setup email from a HR lady, and had the first interview on the phone with the lady. It was a general walk-through of my past experiences, and more introduction about the position, and asked for my desired salary. The HR lady was nice and the interview was comfortable. But no more interviews as I was told that the HR manager decided to choose other candidate.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets (Lexington, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Over qualified for position, but wanted to get foot in the door. Applied three times in 2 yrs and no bites. Just walked in on a Thurs, gave resume to HR and next day she called me. Then, with my portfolio in hand, she sent me to HR Mgr. From there was told to come back following Mon to speak with Mat. Mgr. Spoke for five min, had tour around plant, then discussed a new Shipping Sup position that they offered me. Hired right on premise, took 4 days total.

Interview Questions

• What was my leadership/training style?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MasterBrand Cabinets (Goshen, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process would not be acceptable by most organizations. A candidate will be phone screened but the company will not identify who is participating until the call takes place. Their interview style is aggressive in an attempt to discredit your past experience. They will utiilize a panel interview style and will request a personality profile.

A member management used profanity during the interview and I witnessed the General Manager make derogatory comments about a Team Member on the shop floor.

Interview Questions

• In your career, what was the most difficult problem you encountered? Did you fix it and how?   Answer Question