Match Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Match Education Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2018

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume on our campus career fair. They emailed me 2 days later to schedule a coffee chat. we had a coffee chat interview. Most questions are easy. HR manager was really nice.

Interview Questions

they do not offer sponsorship for international student

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Match Education (Boston, MA).

Interview

I found their advertisement on E-bay and sent an e-mail. They requested a Skype interview, followed by a proctored, multi-interviewee math test. After a trial tutoring session and in person-interview at their headquarters in Boston, they conducted a phone-call Spanish proficiency test for placement. They then required a one-month training

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Match Education (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through job fair opportunity at my college
    Selected to interview - Interview went well
    Applied online
    Went to Boston for second interview at charter high school- Toured the school, led algebra tutoring session with three students, had interview with principal

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Match Education (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a sample teaching lesson followed by a 1-on-1 interview with the principal. Online activity also required, which tests analytic ability and logical thinking. Big emphasis on feedback, comfort working with children, and ability to handle multiple, deadline-driven tasks efficiently and effectively.

Full Time Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Match Education (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I found Match Education during my job search. The application process consisted of filling out an application and writing a cover letter addressing a couple of specific questions. In addition, a math assessment test must be taken and passed, and the final step is an onsite tutorial. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult/unexpected question was "tell us about a time where you received negative feedback and how you responded to it."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

1st phone interview that is not very conversational. Questions are asked like why am I interested? What is my greatest challenge? The Q&A session afterwards was very helpful. Then there is a diagnostic math test which is fairly difficult so adequate preparation is needed. Afterwards there is an on-site interview with two back to back interviews with current tutors followed by a observed tutoring session with a student.

Interview Questions

• How will you approach students who are culturally different from yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Match Education (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online and was called for a pre-screening interview (as an Corps and Teacher Resident Applicant), then had an in-person interview at the school. It consisted of teaching a sample tutorial (Math or ELA, 50 mins), interviewing with the Corps Director, and a second interview with the MTR staff member. The interview lasted half the school day. Found out a day later that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working long hours for little pay? Most corps members would describe this as their hardest year yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Be aware that the salary IS misleading. It's marketed as a $13,500 stipend, however it does not include several hidden costs. In fact, the position is not volunteer status, but is a salaried employee working minimum wage for $8/hour. For example, housing is marketed as "free" but they deduct it automatically out of your paycheck ($500/month), as an employee you have to pay into an OBRA account (a little more than $100/month), and you may have to pay for healthcare and/or dental if you do not get it from your parents. Taxes are taken out - roughly $160/month. This means that you actually walk with $330-$370 every two weeks.

Tutoring Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Match Education in October 2014.

Interview

Submit an online application. Received online "interview" with recorded questions and and space for recorded answers. On-site interview and mock tutoring session in which they evaluated your ability to connect with kids in an academic setting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to spend a year of service as a Match tutor?   Answer Question

MATCH Corps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Match Education (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first applied online and they responded the next day to schedule a digital interview, which could be weird because you are just recording your answers. The final interview was on campus in Boston, and it has several parts, tour of the campus; tutoring; interview with principal; classroom observation, and a final interview with a subject teacher in the area you'll be teaching.

MATCH Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match Education (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online, and I think SAT score was pretty important. I was outright rejected the first time. I applied again after completing an international Fellowship, and I think the work experience helped cover for the low SAT score.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to reason with a "student" aka the interviewer. The pretend to be very difficult.   Answer Question