Materia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Materia

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Materia (Pasadena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I emailed my resume to the HR email. About a week or so later I received and email back and was scheduled for an interview the next week. The interview consisted of a 3 person panel with usually one HR representative and two people from the department that you are applying to. General interview questions nothing too difficult. No background check or drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is one strength and weakness your previous employer would say about you?   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Materia (Pasadena, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was more friendly than expected. Mostly talked about the type of work that is done in the company. Otherwise a short and to the point interview.

Materials Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Materia in February 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward. HR assistant contacted me through e-mail and set up a day for interview. Interviewed with a few senior researchers that I would be working with. Answers were pretty standard, they asked details about my previous experience, likes/dislikes. Also asked about my work ethic and gauged my attitude to working there. The 3 senior chemists seemed positive about my skills and were nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager was very vague when he asked me about my flexibility. Did not go into specifics about overtime or weekend.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Materia (Pasadena, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Academic culture, not conducive to a profitable industry. Would not recommend this Company to anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation, take it or leave it offer.

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Materia (Pasadena, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Received a cold call, learned about the company, came in for a day of interviews (4 in total).

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy most about your last job?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Happy where I was, checking out the market.