Maurice Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Maurice Sporting Goods

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maurice Sporting Goods

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods.

Interview

HR was quick to respond to my application inquiry in setting up a phone screen and then meeting with the hiring manager. It went all down hill from there. Over a 8-month span, the hiring manager refused to respond to my emails, voice mails, and messages, thus leaving me in the lurch whether the company was actually interested in me. I found this to be unprofessional and gutless on his part.

Import Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods (Northbrook, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Received phone call from HR Manager within maybe a week, it seemed very quick. He was very professional, impressed initially with company. Next, met with Import Administration Manager who didn't seem to know much about general Supply Chain Process or Import Administration. Interviewed then with Direction of Supply Chain, then a couple of members of the staff. I liked a couple of the people but I didn't get a good feeling with the lady who this position reports to, I immediately got the impression she is one of those types that know it all and likes to be the one in charge, but I had a strong impression based on the terminology she used that she strongly lacked the knowledge needed to be in her position, felt like she inherited the position or somehow got appointed by someone who favored her. I lost interest at this point because I've worked with that kind before and she told me she was there over 20 years, and that said it all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was handed an offer letter but declined because based on the job description and title, the compensation was embarrassingly low (offered $36K)

Ecommerce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods (Northbrook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied on the website in late April/early May and got a call requesting a phone interview so we set the time up for the next day. The HR associate called me and it took 30 minutes and was a grueling interview for what the position was. It was almost to the point where she was confrontational about the interview as she kept grilling for answers. It felt a little out of place because it's not like its a top Wall Street firm; it's just a small sporting goods store. I did not hear back from them after the interview and I decided to follow up with them and she said that they were in the final interview process and that I probably would not be selected. HR was pretty disorganized and it was obvious to me that they were overwhelmed. In fact, as of August they still have yet to take down the job posting.

Picker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods in May 2014.

Interview

This job was recommended to me by one of the employees already there. He was told to bring me in the the next day after he determined whether I was interested or not. That day I went in to the the interview and the questions were super easy, kinda too easy. After the interview I was told that I started the very next day. So all in all the process took about 2 days.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Category Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods in April 2017.

Interview

I was sent a schedule for the interviews several days in advance by the HR manager. On the interview day I had a half hour interview with five different managers from different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods.

Interview

Inteview process went very good, Talked to the Director Of Warehousing and The warehouse Manager, along with The HR Rep. Hired ON board with two weeks. The Warehouse Manager Was with the company for 30 years and as I undrstood it once I started that he was in fear of losing his job ! NEVER RECIEVED ANY TRAINING AT ALL FROM THE FIRST DAY i STARTED tHE MANAGER WAS IN FEAR THAT i WOULD TAKE HIS JOB SO HE DECIDED TO CHASE ME OUT OF THERE AS SOON AS i STARTED!!!!

GOOD

TM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods (Northbrook, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Great! Fast and positive people. Really fast and learned a lot about the role.
    Great experience with all interviews
    Each person could thoroughly explain the company, culture, role, etc.
    Happy with process