May Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA).

Interview

The Talent Acquisition team and HR were wonderful in the process. Friendly, caring and genuinely passionate about the mission. The senior executives do not act like they embrace the mission. They were cold and bordered on the line of disrespectful. It apparent that leadership micro manages.

Direct Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Brockton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process took 3 weeks to complete. I received a phone call from the hiring manager. I was asked a few preliminary questions and then offered an interview. I visited the home and met with the hiring manager and was asked open and honest questions. I was offered a second interview and then accepted the offer to work with them.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at May Institute (Woburn, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process opened the door to see the classrooms with the students going about their days. The first hour of the interview involved going to each of the four classrooms, talking with the lead teachers in each classroom, meeting the students, and getting to ask any questions about the classroom. The next part of the interview was with the Educational Director where she discussed more in depth about the position and what the job involved.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with severe special education?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable dealing with behavioral crises?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long interview, but good process, you get to observe in the classroom as well, they will try to fully expose you to what you are walking into prior to having you accept the job, most likely due to the intensity that you will see with some students,

Interview Questions

• Comfort with work role expectations and situations, experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation, due to the fact that jobs are grant funded.

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

They checked to see if you were breathing then dropped you in a classroom for an hour to observe. After the interview, you meet with somebody to go over the day to day responsibilities then asked if you can handle it. They are clear that people are injured on a regular basis from student behaviors. If you accept a job here, you will most likely be placed in the classroom you observed in.

Interview Questions

• Do you like children?
      Are you OK with getting hurt at work?
      Are you OK with assisting students with toiling?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview because you get to see the classrooms and understand the type of environment you will be working in. The teachers in the classrooms were very helpful and gave you a lot of information and HR was really nice and also made sure you are a good fit for the role.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for 5-10 minute interview/information session. Was invited back for an interview. Started out as a group for about 10 minutes and after a brief intro we were given about 1 hour of observation time in classrooms. After this I met with a hiring manager who was able to answer my questions and tell me more about the process. A few days later I was contacted again and a few weeks after background checks I was in orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The rates were set in stone based on experience/education to be fair to all new employees.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR, asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. He gave me bried but detailed information about the job and pay. I then received a email confirmation from him informing me who I would be meeting with during my interview. Upon my arrival I was greeted and was expected by the front office assistant. During my interview I met with two members ot the IT department. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable. They asked me standards questions about my background. After the interview I was informed that I should be hearing something over the next couple of days. I was then asked to come back for another interview to meet with another member of the team on Monday. During this interview as the HR specialist informed me, it was a technical interview. They wanted to learn about by thinking process. By Wednesday I was called to speak to my references. By the following tuesday I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel the questions were difficult at all. They asked questions related to the job, that you should know. They informed up front that there is no right or wrong answer. It was just to understand you and how you assess things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

THey ask you what salary you would like on the application and during the interview. For me I asked for less than what they offered. But they offered the max!

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Springfield, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

The Interview was set up on line and a phone call. Very Professional

Interview Questions

• what would do in a situation like this? The interviewer gave an example.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

Very thorough and professional. Was initially contacted for a screening by the Director of Recruitment, then interviewed with the Manager, then final interview with the full team. A little intimidating, but overall a very thorough process, setting the bar pretty high.
    Initial corporate training was comprehensive and included all relevant information and anecdotal information, helpful in giving insight to the inner workings of the agency, again very professional and impressive.