May Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raynham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at May Institute (Raynham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from HR and they referred me to another person to set up an interview. An interview was scheduled the next day. Inexperienced interviewer- was late for appointment and asked inappropriate questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA).

Interview

The Talent Acquisition team and HR were wonderful in the process. Friendly, caring and genuinely passionate about the mission. The senior executives do not act like they embrace the mission. They were cold and bordered on the line of disrespectful. It apparent that leadership micro manages.

Direct Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Brockton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process took 3 weeks to complete. I received a phone call from the hiring manager. I was asked a few preliminary questions and then offered an interview. I visited the home and met with the hiring manager and was asked open and honest questions. I was offered a second interview and then accepted the offer to work with them.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at May Institute (West Springfield, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was expected to observe a classroom fir 60 minutes prior to interview. This was totally unnecessary and a possible break in confidentallity. Never received a follow up phone call although they assured me I would.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at May Institute (Woburn, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process opened the door to see the classrooms with the students going about their days. The first hour of the interview involved going to each of the four classrooms, talking with the lead teachers in each classroom, meeting the students, and getting to ask any questions about the classroom. The next part of the interview was with the Educational Director where she discussed more in depth about the position and what the job involved.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with severe special education?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable dealing with behavioral crises?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long interview, but good process, you get to observe in the classroom as well, they will try to fully expose you to what you are walking into prior to having you accept the job, most likely due to the intensity that you will see with some students,

Interview Questions

• Comfort with work role expectations and situations, experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation, due to the fact that jobs are grant funded.

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

They checked to see if you were breathing then dropped you in a classroom for an hour to observe. After the interview, you meet with somebody to go over the day to day responsibilities then asked if you can handle it. They are clear that people are injured on a regular basis from student behaviors. If you accept a job here, you will most likely be placed in the classroom you observed in.

Interview Questions

• Do you like children?
      Are you OK with getting hurt at work?
      Are you OK with assisting students with toiling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview because you get to see the classrooms and understand the type of environment you will be working in. The teachers in the classrooms were very helpful and gave you a lot of information and HR was really nice and also made sure you are a good fit for the role.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for 5-10 minute interview/information session. Was invited back for an interview. Started out as a group for about 10 minutes and after a brief intro we were given about 1 hour of observation time in classrooms. After this I met with a hiring manager who was able to answer my questions and tell me more about the process. A few days later I was contacted again and a few weeks after background checks I was in orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The rates were set in stone based on experience/education to be fair to all new employees.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR, asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. He gave me bried but detailed information about the job and pay. I then received a email confirmation from him informing me who I would be meeting with during my interview. Upon my arrival I was greeted and was expected by the front office assistant. During my interview I met with two members ot the IT department. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable. They asked me standards questions about my background. After the interview I was informed that I should be hearing something over the next couple of days. I was then asked to come back for another interview to meet with another member of the team on Monday. During this interview as the HR specialist informed me, it was a technical interview. They wanted to learn about by thinking process. By Wednesday I was called to speak to my references. By the following tuesday I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel the questions were difficult at all. They asked questions related to the job, that you should know. They informed up front that there is no right or wrong answer. It was just to understand you and how you assess things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

THey ask you what salary you would like on the application and during the interview. For me I asked for less than what they offered. But they offered the max!