May Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

May Institute Interview Questions

Interviews at May Institute

2.7

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for 5-10 minute interview/information session. Was invited back for an interview. Started out as a group for about 10 minutes and after a brief intro we were given about 1 hour of observation time in classrooms. After this I met with a hiring manager who was able to answer my questions and tell me more about the process. A few days later I was contacted again and a few weeks after background checks I was in orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The rates were set in stone based on experience/education to be fair to all new employees.

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

They checked to see if you were breathing then dropped you in a classroom for an hour to observe. After the interview, you meet with somebody to go over the day to day responsibilities then asked if you can handle it. They are clear that people are injured on a regular basis from student behaviors. If you accept a job here, you will most likely be placed in the classroom you observed in.

Interview Questions

• Do you like children?
      Are you OK with getting hurt at work?
      Are you OK with assisting students with toiling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview because you get to see the classrooms and understand the type of environment you will be working in. The teachers in the classrooms were very helpful and gave you a lot of information and HR was really nice and also made sure you are a good fit for the role.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at May Institute (Woburn, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process opened the door to see the classrooms with the students going about their days. The first hour of the interview involved going to each of the four classrooms, talking with the lead teachers in each classroom, meeting the students, and getting to ask any questions about the classroom. The next part of the interview was with the Educational Director where she discussed more in depth about the position and what the job involved.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with severe special education?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable dealing with behavioral crises?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at May Institute (West Springfield, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was expected to observe a classroom fir 60 minutes prior to interview. This was totally unnecessary and a possible break in confidentallity. Never received a follow up phone call although they assured me I would.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Springfield, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

The Interview was set up on line and a phone call. Very Professional

Interview Questions

• what would do in a situation like this? The interviewer gave an example.   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

fairly easy interview howeverit was from an employee referall. for every good person they hire theres the unsuccessful ones as well,positions require large amountsof patience, good company with a lot of career opportunity in the teaching field

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Good interview process. You get to see the classrooms and experience a day in the job. The supervisor gets to explain everything and let’s you ask questions. The staff seemed friendly too

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with autism   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at May Institute (Randolph, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR, asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. He gave me bried but detailed information about the job and pay. I then received a email confirmation from him informing me who I would be meeting with during my interview. Upon my arrival I was greeted and was expected by the front office assistant. During my interview I met with two members ot the IT department. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable. They asked me standards questions about my background. After the interview I was informed that I should be hearing something over the next couple of days. I was then asked to come back for another interview to meet with another member of the team on Monday. During this interview as the HR specialist informed me, it was a technical interview. They wanted to learn about by thinking process. By Wednesday I was called to speak to my references. By the following tuesday I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel the questions were difficult at all. They asked questions related to the job, that you should know. They informed up front that there is no right or wrong answer. It was just to understand you and how you assess things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

THey ask you what salary you would like on the application and during the interview. For me I asked for less than what they offered. But they offered the max!

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at May Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with the area director for a management position. Very thorough and positive about the program initiatives. Did not go over pay scale but stated it would be discussed when position was offered. During the interview questions were very straight forward. The interviewer was fully prepared and gave good feedback about performance during interview. Pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions

• What situations have you dealt with previously that prepare you for this role?   1 Answer