Mayer Brown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayer Brown Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mayer Brown.

Interview

Applied online. Received TWO rejection letters for my one application -- one on July 19, and another on July 26. Who does that?! Alas, the pitfalls of using canned rejection software instead of taking the time to reject candidates personally! THANK YOU!! Wish you recruited me as vigorously as you rejected me!!!

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was extremely standard. At the callback, everyone asked me the same, super predictable questions. They were all very nice, but it was very hard to read whether they actually liked me or whether they were just treating everyone the same. i wish they had asked different questions so I didn't feel like I was just re-having the same conversation over and over again. It also seemed like they may have been tired from doing this all day, so maybe they could have been more spread out.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Typical three step process. First was a phone interview with their internal HR. Second interview was in person with the hiring manager, the followup interview was meeting with the team and managers who lead teams that the position would be working on projects with.

Interview Questions

• No especially difficult questions. The interview did lack questions regarding technical aptitude.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on Company Website. After 2 weeks received an e-mail to set up phone interview for the next week. The phone interview was pleasant and salary and skill requirements were discussed as well as overtime flexibility. An interview was set up. The first part consisted of several advanced software tests which I did well on. Then two separate interviews with HR. This lasted 4 hours. After interview I was told that there are several promising candidates for this position and they will let me know my status in 4 weeks. After one month I was advised that although I possess the skills needed they are not moving forward with my candidacy

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter online; telephone interview about two weeks later; attended first round interview one week after phone interview; attended second round interview one week after first round interview.

Total length of process: ~4 weeks

My telephone interview was with an HR rep. My first round interview was with the person who oversaw the position. Her questions were much more skill-based. My second round interview was with the lawyers with whom I would work. Their questions were much more focused on my personality and work style.

Interview Questions

• Mostly typical interview questions:
      Why do you want to work for Mayer Brown?
      What skills do you have that lend itself to the position?
      Talk about a time you were faced with a difficult project. Why was it difficult? How did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Interview

Standard process for large firms which consisted of early interview week in school, call back interview rounds a week or so later, and summer associate time. It was pretty much what was to be expected.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, was then scheduled for a 30 min in-person interview that I later found out was 90 min when arriving. Hundreds of "personality questions" with a somewhat disrespectful tone. I was told about 2 weeks later that they had moved on with "more qualified candidates" despite being over-qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward process. I applied online and received an email for a phone screen. About a week later I was asked to come in and meet with some HR members and a couple lawyers. About a week later I met with a couple more lawyers. They waited three weeks before letting me know I didn't get the position, which was annoying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in pursuing a career in the legal industry?   Answer Question

Clerical Assistant Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and from there I was called in for an interview. It was only one interview with two different people: the attorney that I was working for and the manager of the department. It was laid back and I was asked questions about my previous experience within an office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted for pay and they came back with something higher.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mayer Brown (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was short and it seemed like they didn't care at all. The questions were the basic questions and they later on just introduced to rules that are needed to follow with knowledgable common sense.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our company?   1 Answer