McCarthy Building Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McCarthy Building

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Chandler, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Went in and discussed experience. That’s about all and yeah. Easy process and very straightforward. Overall an easy experience and would gladly do it again as I enjoy this job and everything about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Chico, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview for an internship on campus. Sign up for interview and attend in the morning. Many students cycle through every 30 minutes. Typical interview process but only one representative conducting the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online after hearing about them through my university. Received an email about 3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Heard back about 2 weeks after the phone interview to schedule an in person interview. On both the phone and in person interview they were looking for people who have and interest and are motivated about construction. Very laid back and comfortable process. Wanted to know more about you as opposed to tearing apart your resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Interview

I signed up for an interview during an info session at school. During the interview I talked to two employees on campus. Interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions and lasted for ~20 minutes. The interviewers also went over my resume and asked specific questions about my previous experiences and activities.

Interview Questions

• What is something in our info session that can be done better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. They ask about previous experience and why you would like to be in the industry. They are comfortable people to talk to and do not make you feel lie you are out of place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the construction industry?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Received HR's contact information from a professor at my university. Sent an email with my resume attached stating that I was looking for an internship in certain area for a certain time frame. He responded asking when I was available for a phone interview and during that interview he put me in contact with a VP for a second interview. I received an offer the day after I had an interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to overcome a challenge, and what you did to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buda, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Buda, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview for that following next day. Showed up spoke to the manger. Sent for a drug test and was cleared and offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

Meet and greet. Went over my experience and how much time I would need to give to my current employer. It was a very simple interview as they are looking for people to work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Lincoln, NE) in September 2018.

Interview

I met with a couple of guys from the Southwest Division at a career fair in Lincoln, NE. We talked briefly at the career fair, it was very casual and they did a great job of asking engaging, open ended questions. Dinner that night followed with a group of potential interviewees for the following day. The next morning I had an interview with Project Managers from Las Vegas and Pheonix. The interviews went great, they were both from Nebraska so there was a lot of common ground. They made me feel comfortable, to the point where it didn't seem so much like an interview. They reached out to me a couple weeks after they concluded their interviews and offered me an internship in Las Vegas!

Overall, it was a great experience, and I can not wait to get to work with them!

Interview Questions

• What got you interested/involved in the construction industry?   1 Answer
    • How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

They held an infosession at my university and had people sign up for interview slots. I had my interview the next day. I did some preparation, but once they knew I had experience at a different construction firm with employees they knew, the rest of the interview was fairly easy. They just asked about my past internship experience at the other firm.