McCarthy Building Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McCarthy Building

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

The company flew me out to their South West headquarter region. The first night consisted of causal dining/drinking/conversation with McCarthy employees. Day two consisted of several interviews with employees in the office. It was more of a serious panel interview and was a great learning process.

Interview Questions

• Why should you work for McCarthy?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email that I am selected for next screening round and need to contact the senior recruiter. He sent me a pdf with 15-16 behavioral questions needed to be answered with 90 minutes. After submitting my answers within one hour I received an email that I am hired and will send an offer letter the next day. But I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. If a very talented Software Engineer on your team kept questioning your decisions, what would you do?
      2. How would you address the individual?
      3. What techniques would you choose to motivate disengaged employees?
      4. What metrics do you use to monitor your team’s performance?
      5. What are the first things you would check in a legacy system that has frequent downtime?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen is the first step after applying online and submitting a resume and cover letter.
    Describe your background and your experience. What challenges were you faced with and what did you learn from those positions.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about your past job positions? What challenges were you faced with and what did you learn from those positions? Why do you like or see yourself working in the construction industry   Answer Question

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Interview

First round so far via phone. Excellent process for what seems to be an excellent company. All questions answered and tone was friendly. Was able to ask any questions I had about the company culture and position requirements

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Interview

Met at a job fair through college, got called for an interview shortly after. The interviewers were both talkative, one asked really difficult questions, that I wasn't necessarily expecting. I am thankful I've had interviews before and had some experience. They asked a lot about their company.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Interview

Met with recruiter at local career fair. Called that night to set up interview. Met with the recruiter's boss and talked overly resume and what I expected. Have kept in contact for follow up interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Dallas, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I began by applying online. A week later I was contacted for a phone interview with one of McCarthy's local recruiters. The following week I had a two additional phone interviews with senior staff members. They then flew me out to their location for a day where I was able to meet with senior staff members, visit a local jobsite, and chat with quite a few team members. The following week, I received an offer letter. The entire process, from my application to the offer letter, took about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to McCarthy?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with RFI's/project accounting/scheduling software/Revit/Navisworks/AutoCAD?   1 Answer
    • Why would you make a valuable addition to the company?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with relocation?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see your career in 5 years? Would you prefer to be more out in the field or in the office?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about construction?   Answer Question
    • What is your expected income?   1 Answer
    • Who else have you applied to?   Answer Question
    • What's your timeline/availability?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online after hearing about them through my university. Received an email about 3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Heard back about 2 weeks after the phone interview to schedule an in person interview. On both the phone and in person interview they were looking for people who have and interest and are motivated about construction. Very laid back and comfortable process. Wanted to know more about you as opposed to tearing apart your resume.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

Meet and greet. Went over my experience and how much time I would need to give to my current employer. It was a very simple interview as they are looking for people to work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Interview

First round interviews on campus, second round interviews at preferred office. If they decline you an offer, don't expect feedback or even a phone call. They will permanently end all communication with you if you are declined an offer.