McCarthy Building Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McCarthy Building Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people through multiple interview days. Was asked questions about how I manage projects, work with people and what I'd like to do next. They were focused on finding out if 1 - I could do the job, and 2 - if I fit in with the McCarthy culture. I'm glad they took the process seriously, because it was a big decision for me too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you realized you had to change your course of action after you'd already started on the project.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was an in-person interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer was relaxed and we started off having a normal conversation and later asked more behavioral questions. I think it went very well and I'm currently waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back to high school, how would your best friend describe you?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do outside of academia?   Answer Question

Concrete Suprintndnt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two people at the same time. They asked specific questions about projects I had worked as a supervisor. How many men I had under me on each project? What the job gross money was if I knew it.

Interview Questions

• Did I have elevated structural concrete experience?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCarthy Building in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they HR team called to ask a few questions about myself and to get a feel about who I am. They asked about my college education and how I believe it has helped me along the way. Very simple question

Interview Questions

• A few questions about what was most important to you on a project ranking, safety, quality, cost, or schedule .   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Chico, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview for an internship on campus. Sign up for interview and attend in the morning. Many students cycle through every 30 minutes. Typical interview process but only one representative conducting the interview.

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Austin, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at the job fair. After about two weeks, they reached out and scheduled an in-person interview with me. Overall, the interview was fine. It felt like I was doing all the talking because the recruiter just kept asking me the same question, "Do you have any questions about McCarthy?". I was informed that I would find out if I made it or not within the week. Yet almost 3 months later, I still haven't heard back form them. I have tried emailing the guy who interviewed me as well as other recruiters numerous times but had no luck. It was disappointing, and I believe rude, that I didn't even a received a formal "no".

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with McCarthy?   1 Answer

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Dallas, TX).

Interview

McCarthy and its Texas Team were extremely pleasant to interview with. I started with a 1-on-1 phone call interview with a TA. The next interview was a Skype Interview (due to my location) with the TA, VO, and Operations Mgr. After that Skype interview, was offered a position and with a tad of negotiating I accepted an offer. The McCarthy team was always prompt, professional, and made you feel like a part of the team already. I highly recommend the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekends in your free time?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with an HR rep at a starbucks and talked about my record in the industry and the experiences I have had. I spoke with him about the study abroad that I will participate in. He wanted to know about what I did as an intern at a previous company and what all I learned during that process.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience like working at your previous construction employer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McCarthy Building (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I met with two VP of Operations then two project directors. The meeting was very laid back and comfortable with the goal of getting to know each other. No loaded or gotcha type questions. It was clear that they were looking for a for a cultural fit. When I left the interview/meeting I put McCarthy at the top of my list of firms.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Interview

Submitted my resume via someone in my network. They handed it to their VP who then interviewed me. You the have to take these assessment tests online, and after that they made me an offer