McCormick & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McCormick & Company Interview Questions

Interviews at McCormick & Company

2.7

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCormick & Company.

Interview

The interview process was easy and pleasant. They were prepared and really tries to get to know me while allowing me to get to know them. I was glad I interviewed.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Company (Hunt Valley, MD) in July 2020.

Interview

Easy. All staff members I spoke too were polite and friendly. Had to do all phone interviews so it was an adjustment but went pretty smooth. Got first prescreen interview and then a follow up more in depth phomeninterview the following week.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your best qualities and what's something you can improve on   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Company (Hunt Valley, MD) in May 2020.

Interview

Phone interview - very professional and very informative. We spoke openly and freely in an inviting setting. I felt that true transparency was shown by both parties, leading to thoughtful and genuine discussion. I would adopt some of the interview speak that was used when conducting interviews of my own in the future.

Interview Questions

• If the commute and salary range were within range of what I would accept   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Phone screening and in - person or skype interview. The skype interview was all over the place, overall it was a good experience but I would recommend trying to do an in person interview if possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you handle it?   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Had initial phone call from recruiter and was then asked for an onsite interview and received benefits package via email. Interview lasted 2.5 hours and was asked numerous questions and I met with 2 different groups. Everything seemed to go great and I was so excited. 2 weeks later I was informed via email that they hired from within. Not only that but it was someone already filling in the role. Felt like a total waste of my time, a vacation day, and my respect for companies. Now it deters me from other interviews because that's all I hear lately.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Company (Baltimore, MD) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial interview with external recruiter hired as internal consultant. States she will assist you at next level of interviews but does not deliver any support. Second round virtual live with specific questions pertaining to experience and fit. I checked off all boxes and was actually more qualified than hiring manager. They never provided feedback and so called recruiter never responded to my request for feedback.
    Very poor process for senior level positions- they need to hire their own recruiters or outsource to a professional group.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with manufacturing employees   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McCormick & Company.

Interview

Overall, a very slow and drawn out process. There was a phone screen with a recruiter about 1 month after I applied online. Then I was handed off to a team in EU that scheduled the in-person interview from their location (a little weird but I know a lot of big companies are starting to do this). It took 10 days to hear back from them with a set date to come in. After the in-person interview, I did not hear back for about 5 weeks. There was very minimal communication, I would have expected more from the recruiter. After 5 weeks they went with internal candidate anyway. Altogether the process took about 4 months from application to final email. Hopefully this isn't typical, but it could be!

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCormick & Company (Hunt Valley, MD) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied to a job in Hunt Valley, MD. Had a phone interview with a recruiter, they brought me in for an in person since the hiring manager was in town. The hiring manager said that they would be back in touch with me either way to give me feedback. The recruiter kept saying they are very interested but are still interviewing others. Then I never heard anything back. Very disappointing but from talking to others who have interviewed at the corporate office in Hunt Valley,MD seems to be the normal thing. Disappointing for a company to just ghost people especially who take the time to come in for an interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

The interview process was overall easy. Had one phone interview and then within a few days got an email to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 individuals, and then received the offer within another month.

Human Resources Leader Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Company.

Interview

The process was slow. Had initial interview in early December. 2 weeks later recruiter followed up for phone interview with hiring manager. Had VC with hiring manager (even though he and I are local), and he told me that I was invited in to meet with team. Christmas holiday went by and no word. Followed up with recruiter in early January and she informed me that they had decided to pursue other candidates. I explained what the manager had told me, and I never heard from her again. Very unusual experience and disappointing as an HR professional to have an experience like that.