McLane Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2018

2.1

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Over a month's time I went through a phone interview, an interview with manager, an interview with manager plus current staff, and final interview with manager, director and vice president.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Republic, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McLane Company (Republic, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

I went to a driver recruiting event and took a test. Then interviewed with the transportation manager and talk over things. After that we took a road test with a senior driver and when got done was pretty much hired. Had to schedule a strength test and pass a drug screen but all went well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mclane?   2 Answers

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McLane Company in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for a position in April. The supervisor explained the job, and answered my questions. It wasn't a traditional interview at all.

He told me he'd call by the end of the week. The interview was on a Monday. It is now three and a half weeks later, and there has been no attempt at contact.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Long process but worth it Long hours but good place to work it you don't mind working hard and long hours. A lot of new people work there and seen friendly.

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McLane Company (Carrollton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview after submitting an application online with the director, an HR rep, and various members in the department. Got the chance to interview and see the office. Interviewed by two members, then got to do a Q&A with people in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this company and why do you think you fit this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McLane Company in December 2014.

Interview

McLane starts with a phone interview from the Human Resources department. If you are suited for the position, the department manager will set up a one-on-one interview. From there, you will sit down with the manager and/or supervisor.

Interview Questions

• It was an internship in the accounting department, so they asked me about my understanding of the General Ledger.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nicholasville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Nicholasville, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

generic interview, supervisor read off questions off of sheet. same interview questions for every position in warehouse. no questions pertaining to job history, work experience, strengths and weaknesses. took tour of plant

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McLane Company (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I met with four teams of two (1 senior accounting & 1 HR representative). Each had a list of questions they asked each applicant. One senior accountant hired me for his staff because of my integrity.

Interview Questions

• I reviewed your name on the internet. I see that you have a firm CPA license in your name. Why?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by their HR Department to set up a telephone prescreen interview. From there, I met with two senior level account reps at a local hotel and the interview lasted approximately one hour. It was a very casual setting and both gentlemen were exceptionally nice and the interview was relaxed and more of a review of my background/qualifications. I left the interview feeling pretty confident about my chances but was not offered the position for one reason or another. The only complaint I have about the entire process was that nobody corresponded with me letting me know their decision nor did they return my email when asked if the position was available or filled.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX).

Interview

I went through six different interviews with various levels of management (Human Resources, System Managers, MIS Director) over a period of about three hours. The process was somewhat relaxed and not all that difficult.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my background in computer programming.   Answer Question

McLane Company Response

May 1, 2017

Welcome to the McLane team! Thank you for sharing your experience!