McLane Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McLane Company Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2018

2.1

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McLane Company in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for a position in April. The supervisor explained the job, and answered my questions. It wasn't a traditional interview at all.

He told me he'd call by the end of the week. The interview was on a Monday. It is now three and a half weeks later, and there has been no attempt at contact.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Long process but worth it Long hours but good place to work it you don't mind working hard and long hours. A lot of new people work there and seen friendly.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company.

Interview

Straight to the point and answered every questions I had at the moment. Job description walk through and job requirements and expectations. Very friendly team . Felt welcomed from the moment I talked to the guard.

Interview Questions

McLane Company Response

Dec 11, 2017

Terrific! Thank you for the feedback and welcome to the team!

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Brookhaven, MS) in September 2017.

Interview

It was ok makes the company sound much better you go in office sit down till it’s time for your driven test once you pass you’ll go in the back office they’ll proceed to ask you frequent question

Interview Questions

• Can you drive in tight spots   1 Answer

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Austell, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I met the Warehouse manager and it was a standard. interview with all the regular questions. He walked me around the warehouse describing the day to day operations. He went over the challenges of the job. By the end of the interview he told me that he would choose me for the job and gave me a start date for orientation.

Interview Questions

McLane Company Response

Dec 11, 2017

Thank you for the feedback and welcome to the team!

Selector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McLane Company (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted the next day via phone about an interview; scheduled it for the day after that. Met the supervisor of the area, did a tour and introduced me to a few of the people (my shift would be nights so I probably wouldn't see them.) Asked me questions during the tour; I also asked him a few about operations and such, very relaxed interview process. Afterwards I spoke with a gentleman in HR who gave me an in person interview. After this a lady asked when I wanted to do physical and drug test (obviously picked right away.) Physical test was on an isokinetic machine; drug test was a hair sample. After all these and the background check I was contacted 3 days later letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current place of employment?   Answer Question
    • What do you do [in your current place of employment.]   Answer Question
    • Do you have any issues with the shift? (Was offered overnight; so no.)   Answer Question

Dec 11, 2017

Terrific! Thank you for the feedback and welcome to the team!

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX).

Interview

There is a phone interview where you will be pre-screened. If you pass the screening, you'll be scheduled for a on-site interview where you will present to a panel what you know about Mclane Company and yourself. After the completion of your presentation, they will start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? What do you know about Mclane company? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Kissimmee, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Meet with 2 managers and the HR manager first. 2nd interview is with the ops manager and out on the floor. After all of that you have a few minutes to answer more questions and ask your questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important role of a supervisor   2 Answers

Jul 10, 2017

Congrats and welcome to the team! Regina C., Social Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Cooler Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carneys Point, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Carneys Point, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. Told me they were desperate for people to hire. No pay negotiation. Just asked two questions and told me what the job would entail. Told me about safety rewards and consequences. They will not tell you your shift in the interview. You get that information after orientation.

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the initial pre-screen phone interview. I was told afterwards that I would be contacted within the next week to let me know if the hiring manager wished to pursue further interviews with me. All of the questions were pretty basic and not in-depth.