McLane Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McLane Company

2.2

Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLane Company (Austin, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter who was helpful and pleasant. Then I was setup for a skype interview with the hiring manager. After setting time aside on my calendar and taking time off from my contract assignment the hiring manager did not show for the 1st interview appointment and I had to initiate contact to find out if the hiring manager was going to join the skype meeting. I was told due to Covid-19 the hiring manager was busy but at no time did anyone from the company reach out to make me aware that there was an unexpected emergency, Things happen I thought, so I went ahead and agreed to another appointment 5 days later. About an hour prior to the interview I received a call to push it out by 30 minutes. At this point I declined to continue the interview process because I felt this was a bell weather of how they would treat me as an employee. Just as when dating, interviewing is an opportunity to make a great 1st impression. My big take away is that if they did not value my time nor me as a candidate they surely wouldn't treat me better as an employee. And my last point is that this was an HR interview so if this is how the HR team operates, I can only imagine how the rest of the company treats candidates and employees.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Asked basic questions. I sat with a woman from the office and she asked me about my past driving experiences. She asked me if I was ok with team driving

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience with a dolly   1 Answer

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter once I applied for a pre screening interview. Followed by a unnecessary 25 question questionnaire. The next week was contacted by the Hiring manager who was late for the interview and was very dry.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLane Company (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Showed up between 4-8PM, was given an interview and then processed for the job. Given a medical appointment and a driving test. The interviewer was straight up about the workload and expectations out of his drivers. Wants good customer service.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work hard? You will be unloading your own trucks.   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Brookhaven, MS) in June 2019.

Interview

It was pretty quick. No problems getting things done. I really enjoyed the interview and all. The interviewer was really great. The clerk at the front desk usually does the setup for the interview and all

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McLane Company (Aberdeen, MD) in June 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application and less than 24hrs later someone contacted me. An interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview was literally 7 minutes of talking about expectations I had and the manager explaining practically what to expect. All of the paperwork is done online which was great.

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

First step is a phone interview. After passing that stage, be prepared to give a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation about yourself and what you can learn about the company. This is used to weed out applicants that don’t want to put in the effort. After giving your presentation you will be asked questions by various Category Managers and Product Directors. Questions are mostly about past experiences and knowledge of the job. If given a second interview, you will meet with various CMs and PDs again and be given more information about the job. The info given is very cryptic. Seems that for a buyer, McLane wants fresh people...usually right out of college. This is so they can mold them and keep them here. Salary is non-negotiable as well. Overall it’s a very easy interview. Tell them what they want to hear and your in.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McLane Company (Atlanta, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

All the basic questions you can find online are asked at the interview. First, you have the interview in the managers office. I was interviewed by two different warehouse supervisors. Then the next interviewed by the general warehouse manager and the HR. Then I received a tour of the facility and a brief description of the grounds.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLane Company in November 2018.

Interview

First phase interview was a "get to know you," and a skills review with senior internal HR/recruiter. They seemed very friendly and connected to me on LinkedIn. After the interview, I sent a thank you email and also addressed a question the person had raised at the end of the discussion. They never responded to the email or acknowledged it. I got no follow up from them until the canned "thanks for no thanks" email. So much for respecting potential "teammates"!

Interview Questions

McLane Company Response

Dec 31, 2018

Hello there! Thank you so much for leaving us the feedback. In situations where a third party agency is involved, all feedback regarding the process is required to go through the agency. We work very hard to respect all candidates as potential teammates and we regret you feel your experience did not live up to our intention. We work closely with our agency partners to ensure they're acting in a manner that is consistent with our expectations for potential teammate experience during the process. Your feedback has been shared with our leadership team. Regina C., Talent Team

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLane Company (Forest Park, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

It was pretty smooth just a lot of sceneries and a lot of questions that are easy to answer just a lot to have to answer and they are very particular on how you answer the questions but just be yourself and you will be fine