McLane Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.3

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the initial pre-screen phone interview. I was told afterwards that I would be contacted within the next week to let me know if the hiring manager wished to pursue further interviews with me. All of the questions were pretty basic and not in-depth.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX).

Interview

I went through six different interviews with various levels of management (Human Resources, System Managers, MIS Director) over a period of about three hours. The process was somewhat relaxed and not all that difficult.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my background in computer programming.   Answer Question

McLane Company Response

May 1, 2017

Welcome to the McLane team! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McLane Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with two supervisors that had been with the company for 25-31 years. I believed the interview went well and I was way more than qualified. They gave me many compliments during the process. I felt as if I would be a good fit for the company. Things started changing towards the end of the interview when the two managers started to bad mouth the previous interview candidates and gave me some examples of how horrible their current employees were. I must of looked shocked because one said "we shouldn't be telling you all of this." I guess they felt comfortable with me. I am disappointed because I had high hopes for this position.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for your interview?   1 Answer

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McLane Company (Kissimmee, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Well after you apply online if you meet the qualifications they will call you for an interview. The interview is actually a 3 stage process if you pass that then the drug test comes right after. The only thing which I found weird was the strength test because when testing the arms and shoulders your placed in an awkward position and expected to be able to push and pull a handle up and down against resistance, based on the results you then get an offer after 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which team work was required to reach a goal. What was the goal and how did you work as a team?   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Drug test and strength test after 2 interview process which took a total of 3 weeks. First interview was easy while second was scary and took hours. But was easy after a few questions

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Waste of time, after their recruiter called me back and I informed them, the salary I was looking for they asked for a resume and then set up a interview. They set up the interview after clearly reading my resume, once I was there they said I didn't have the necessary education for the position, but continued to ask me ask questions and conduct a interview. Then, I was told that my salary request was out of line with the position. My thoughts after was why did we even have a interview, my salary requirements were to high and I didn't have the educational background they wanted, Interesting. They had ample time to cancel.

Interview Questions

• About a program that my former company had started.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone call from the Director of Recruiting. He and I chatted in a couple of phone conversations over the course of two days. Basic background experience questions within the context of the position for which I had applied. The next step was a group interview with Marketing, as the position is on the Talent team, but requires extensive experience in marketing/branding and the ability to collaborate on a cross-functioning team. The third, and final, interview was with the VP of People. These were deeper dives into experience with strategic comm plans; as well as a general "do you fit our team" type questions. The offer arrived within a couple of days.

Order Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McLane Company in January 2016.

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Met with hiring supervisor, offered a position. Completed all the required tests. Was told someone would get back to me after my background check and drug test came back. They said it would take about five days. Well it's been two weeks and no call or email. If there was a problem a phone call would have been nice from HR

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Over a month's time I went through a phone interview, an interview with manager, an interview with manager plus current staff, and final interview with manager, director and vice president.

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company.

Interview

Several phone interviews then an on site interview with several people individually. Also had a tour of the building. Met team members as they worked and talked to them. Each interviewer kept asking if I had questions. I had already asked 3 or 4 per interviewer but they acted like they wanted me to ask more. That made me feel weird.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic questions. Asked me what my current day on the job looked like.   Answer Question