McLane Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.2

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Austell, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I met the Warehouse manager and it was a standard. interview with all the regular questions. He walked me around the warehouse describing the day to day operations. He went over the challenges of the job. By the end of the interview he told me that he would choose me for the job and gave me a start date for orientation.

Selector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McLane Company (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted the next day via phone about an interview; scheduled it for the day after that. Met the supervisor of the area, did a tour and introduced me to a few of the people (my shift would be nights so I probably wouldn't see them.) Asked me questions during the tour; I also asked him a few about operations and such, very relaxed interview process. Afterwards I spoke with a gentleman in HR who gave me an in person interview. After this a lady asked when I wanted to do physical and drug test (obviously picked right away.) Physical test was on an isokinetic machine; drug test was a hair sample. After all these and the background check I was contacted 3 days later letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current place of employment?   Answer Question
    • What do you do [in your current place of employment.]   Answer Question
    • Do you have any issues with the shift? (Was offered overnight; so no.)   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX).

Interview

There is a phone interview where you will be pre-screened. If you pass the screening, you'll be scheduled for a on-site interview where you will present to a panel what you know about Mclane Company and yourself. After the completion of your presentation, they will start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? What do you know about Mclane company? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Kissimmee, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Meet with 2 managers and the HR manager first. 2nd interview is with the ops manager and out on the floor. After all of that you have a few minutes to answer more questions and ask your questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important role of a supervisor   2 Answers

McLane Company Response

Jul 10, 2017

Congrats and welcome to the team! Regina C., Social Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Cooler Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carneys Point, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Carneys Point, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. Told me they were desperate for people to hire. No pay negotiation. Just asked two questions and told me what the job would entail. Told me about safety rewards and consequences. They will not tell you your shift in the interview. You get that information after orientation.

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the initial pre-screen phone interview. I was told afterwards that I would be contacted within the next week to let me know if the hiring manager wished to pursue further interviews with me. All of the questions were pretty basic and not in-depth.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX).

Interview

I went through six different interviews with various levels of management (Human Resources, System Managers, MIS Director) over a period of about three hours. The process was somewhat relaxed and not all that difficult.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my background in computer programming.   Answer Question

McLane Company Response

May 1, 2017

Welcome to the McLane team! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McLane Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with two supervisors that had been with the company for 25-31 years. I believed the interview went well and I was way more than qualified. They gave me many compliments during the process. I felt as if I would be a good fit for the company. Things started changing towards the end of the interview when the two managers started to bad mouth the previous interview candidates and gave me some examples of how horrible their current employees were. I must of looked shocked because one said "we shouldn't be telling you all of this." I guess they felt comfortable with me. I am disappointed because I had high hopes for this position.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for your interview?   1 Answer

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McLane Company (Kissimmee, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Well after you apply online if you meet the qualifications they will call you for an interview. The interview is actually a 3 stage process if you pass that then the drug test comes right after. The only thing which I found weird was the strength test because when testing the arms and shoulders your placed in an awkward position and expected to be able to push and pull a handle up and down against resistance, based on the results you then get an offer after 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which team work was required to reach a goal. What was the goal and how did you work as a team?   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLane Company (Temple, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Drug test and strength test after 2 interview process which took a total of 3 weeks. First interview was easy while second was scary and took hours. But was easy after a few questions