McLane Middleton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at McLane Middleton

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McLane Middleton (Manchester, NH) in November 2015.

Interview

After the initial phone interview with the HR Rep I was asked to an in-person interview. I met the HR Rep in person, then didn't hear anything for a long time (about two months; this was due to staffing problems as they wanted to have a lot of people interview me). After this long break I was again asked in for an interview. This time I met with the HR Rep, two paralegals, two attorneys, the department head, and the firm's CEO. The interview process was long, but not difficult (no "trick questions" or anything like that). At the end, I was offered a position similar to, but different from, the one I had applied for (it's a much better fit for me, I'm very happy in this role). The whole process felt more like a drawn-out conversation, not really like a standard interview procedure at all.

Interview Questions

• The questions were natural and followed the flow of conversation. There weren't any standard questions; I never once felt like I was being "grilled".   Answer Question

Associate, Corporate Law Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McLane Middleton (Woburn, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with an HR rep prior to being interviewed with two managing partners, an of counsel, and the non-lawyer CEO of the firm. Post interview, I was asked to submit writing samples. Took them 60 days to get back to me with no offer. Good firm for New Hampshire, but I am not disappointed with the result.

Interview Questions

• Why I attended law school.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLane Middleton in May 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a friendly hr person. Went in for the interview later that week. Met the lead lawyer of the department I was interviewing for and, at the same time, I met with the firm's business manager. Then I spoke with an associate one-on-one. The interview was very friendly, nice people, put me at ease; spoke about my experiences as well as their department and hiring needs. When I met with the associate she told me about the job and company culture.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult or unexpected questions. Typical stuff-they wanted to know about my experience and we spoke about our practice area.   Answer Question

Attorney, 6th-Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McLane Middleton (Manchester, NH) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people in one day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

4 interviews - 2 partners, 2 associates, standard questions