Media Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Media Source Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Media Source

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Media Source (New York, NY).

Interview

Aside for the excessive rounds of interviews, 5 in total spanning 6 weeks, which included some folks whom had little or no impact on the role itself, the upper management changed the compensation and role at the 11th hour. The compensation was discussed at the beginning and middle of the process in writing with the recruiter, only to have the company present non-negotiable terms before they would approve a final interview with the investors. If I knew that this was their tactics, I would have NEVER interviewed at such an unprofessional place as Media Source. Who starts a "negotiation" of terms and you aren't even finished with the interviewing process? The package was off by $60k in total, $25K of which was on the base, did not include elements like a basic variable accelerator and in fact capped the variable altogether, which was contrary to what was communicated and put in writing to me the first point of contact. It also would not include equity as promised either. One glaring element that was left out in this whole process was that this was a player coach role. It did not mention this in the JD, let alone by anyone of the 5 people I met with including the GM and CEO. A VP of Sales playing and coaching?

Make no mistake, I do fault the recruiter in this situation even though they said they were "blindsided" by the switch in comp on so many levels. I will reserve those comments for their review.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions for the most part, strengths/weaknesses, give examples of how you did x,y,z, how you lead a team, etc   Answer Question
    • Asked how my past 5 CEO's would describe me   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Media Source (Columbus, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. After submitting my resume online, I got a follow-up email a few weeks later, indicating that they wanted to bring me in for an interview. The interview was great! I was interviewed by two members of the staff in a meeting room, and the dialogue was very conversational, yet professional. I felt that I could be myself, and that the conversation flowed naturally. Very helpful and encouraging staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle...(insert situation)   1 Answer