Media Storm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Media Storm Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.4

Associate Media Planner, Digital Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Media Storm in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position in their LA office, but my first interview was with HR from the NY office. My interview went well and the interviewer said she wanted to set me up with an in-person interview for LA. We scheduled it for that Friday. Day-of, I receive an email a few hours prior to the interview that they wanted to reschedule. I agree, and send them my availability. After a few days without an email from them, I send them an email. No response. I call them. No response. I email someone from LA, a response. She says she will get in touch with NYC office to see what's up. She ghosted. I still don't know what happened, but they completely ghosted and were extremely unprofessional with how they went about it.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about experience and reasoning for using certain media channels.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Media Storm in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process took 1 week. I had two Skype conversations and then I was offered the job. The Skype conversations went really well and they were very nice. I am not from New York. They pushed me to give my decision in 2 days. I asked for an extension to figure out expenses but they said no. I think this reflects poorly on the company culture and the management.

I asked to talk to some of the team members after I was offered the job. I had a list of questions prepared for them. However, when I talked to them on the phone, they asked me questions instead of answering my questions. This defeated the purpose of me asking for an opportunity to ask questions to them.

They offered me a low compensation. That was not enough to live in New York City. Perks like getting free breakfast on Fridays is not enough for me. Good company culture and proper management are the deciding factors.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very straight forward. They asked me about my previous work experiences. It was an easy interview.   Answer Question

Media Storm Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

It is unfortunate that this experience was not a better one for you, as we strive to make every interview process beneficial for all involved. We take all feedback seriously so I did reach out to my ... More

Broadcast Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Media Storm (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had a weird interview process with this company. They first called me for a phone interview and set me up with an interview with the broadcast team in LA. After meeting them they told me that the next step was to meet their senior VP. Well, the next day I received an email saying that I needed to complete a project. The project was building a media plan. I thought that was extremely odd because buyers don't build media plans they build media buys so how could I build something thats out of the scope of the position. They said they were looking for thought process rather than an actual plan. They give you about a week to complete and present the project. Thats another interview in the office. A week later they called me and told me i needed to come in for a 3rd interview to meet with the senior director. At this point I was already turned off because they made me go 3 times to the office. The parking is $25 ( no validation) and its in Brentwood. Thats one of the things you have to consider if you want to work there. The location is one of the business places in LA (Brentwood/Wilshire). After the interview I followed up a week later and I did not receive an email back. After a few weeks I assumed I didn't get the position. I found it very unprofessional that after 3 interviews with a project I didn't even get an email back telling thank you for your time. The whole process took 2 months because of the holiday.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of being a buyer? What is your least favorite? What is your weakness? How do you organize yourself? What can you bring to the team? what do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Digital Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Media Storm.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by initial in-person 1:1 interview with the team members. Then given an assignment, which was presented in-person with the team. Interview process took about 2-weeks, but didn't receive offer until 2+ months later (hiring hold due to some internal issues).

Interview Questions

• What sources do you use to stay on top of digital trends?   Answer Question

Media Planning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Media Storm (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

After applying on LinkedIn, I received an email the same day asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went really well and she seemed to like me; it took about 45 minutes. She was going to pass my resume on to the Hiring Manager the next day. It took a while and a follow-up from me for her to actually do that. Then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, which lasted less than half an hour. My interviewer said that the woman who interviewed me over the phone would be in contact with me as to whether I got the job. Overall, it wasn't very stressful and seemed to go well -- not sure why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Media Storm.

Interview

Had one phone interview with HR before going in to meet the team. Questions asked were pretty general, and the interview went on for about an hour. Was called back several days later and was tasked with an assignment to create a media plan. Had to present this assignment to the team and was offered the position a day later.

Interview Questions

• What was one stressful situation you had to deal with and how did you get over it?   Answer Question

Associate Media Planner, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Media Storm (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rather quick. I applied online and received an email from an HR rep promptly. I had a phone interview with the HR rep and then a phone interview with a manager. I was then invited to meet with the team and interview with them. It was quick and easy with normal interview questions. Everyone was friendly and engaging to speak with.

Associate Media Planner Interview

Interview

The first round was a phone interview, and then they bring you in for a face to face interview and from there, theey decide if you make the final round and give you a week to come up with a pitch for a marketing campaign. This is called the project stage.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult, mainly conversational. During the project stage, it's important to know the reasoning behind every medium you use   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Media Storm in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website, then received a phone call from Human Resources for a pre-interview screening which I passed. I was then set up for an interview. I interviewed with the two head mangers of the department. They were nice but the second manager lied to my face, he said they would be hiring within a month and then received an email the next day that I didn't get the job.

I think they were just looking around and the position wasn't even available. I was prepared and they said they liked my questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were easy, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Media Storm (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

They were organized. The first interview was with the head of the agency and then the second, in person, with a senior team member. They were both smart and asked great questions. What's odd is that the company's Web site is really outdated, with announcements on the home page from 2010. Media Storm tries to position itself as on the edge of media, but the Web site raises flags.