MediaTek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MediaTek Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MediaTek in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview. The first part is introduction your self, such as your education background, the reason why you choose to pursue graduate study, etc. The second part is technical part. The interview will last about 35 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of the most difficult thing in physical design and explain why?   1 Answer

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MediaTek in May 2016.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. The process took 2 Days. It was a phone interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. The interview was conducted by 2 people. The questions asked were mostly based on my resume with a few technical questions in between. All the technical questions were very basic and are easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• what is the meaning of nyquist criteria, why do we do impedance matching   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaTek.

Interview

I got a call and the interview was scheduled after a week.Interview closely followed what was stated on resume.The interviewers seemed to lead you to the answer and make you think. They make a decision based on your performance and call for an HR round a week after the technical round.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on project stated in resume and analysis of the result obtained.Some design flow and computer architecture questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaTek in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Got an email to setup a phone interview with the manager. He asked me to explain various projects in my resume. Asked few simple questions on Computer architecture. Within an hour of first round interview, received a mail to setup a second phone screen with other team lead. The second round was also pretty much based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Different types of hazards in a 5 stage pipeline and how do you overcome them   Answer Question

Video Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MediaTek (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a good intern experience. Basically It has two phone calls. No coding interview is needed. You need to know what have your done from your previous job or study.

Marketing Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaTek (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR within two days to set up an interview the very next week. There were supposed to be two interviews with two different people back to back, but then it turned out the first person was on vacation. I scheduled my interview with the second one and HR said that we'd reschedule the first person after they returned to the office.

I was greeted very warmly by the front office and I was made to feel very at ease in the conference room while I waited for the interview to start. It was a teleconference, and there were a few technical difficulties, but we were able to speak on the phone until the video kicked in.

The interviewer was very personable and we had a good conversation, but it was mostly about the future of the department and the goals for the position and we went past the allotted time. Very pleasant, interesting, informative conversation, but we didn't actually talk much about my skills or qualifications.

I followed up with HR to schedule the second interview as the date approached for when that person would be back from vacation. HR didn't respond to my email. Five days later I followed up with the person I interviewed with, and was told that the process was taking longer than anticipated and they weren't scheduling second interviews yet and that he'd let me know. The next day I heard from HR and was told I would not be continuing as a candidate.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediaTek (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. First round with hiring manager + one senior engineer. Second round with a senior PM. Third round with the director of the department. Last round with the HR.
    Overall easy interviews. Went over technical background and past experience. HR and director had some personality questions. The process can be long since the HQ is in Taiwan and there is time difference. It tools 2 months between the 1st interview and job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with uncooperative internal engineers?   Answer Question

Director of Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MediaTek in December 2014.

Interview

This place is weird.

I was first contacted by a recruiter for this position. When he found out that I was interviewing with their competitor, he put me directly in touch with the woman who would be my boss and was hiring for this position. We had a brief phone conversation and she promised to follow up with me the next week with times for an in-person meeting. She never contacted me.

However, it all got very weird when MediaTek HR sent me an email telling me that they wanted to make me a job offer. I was worried because I had not yet met the woman who was to be my boss in person. Obviously I needed to be sure that I wanted to work for her and, frankly, she does not have a great reputation in the industry. However I wanted to reserve judgement until I met her for myself.

Well, after they tell me they want to make me a job offer, they email me back to tell they are undoing their commitment to making me a job offer. All very strange behavior. I would be careful if you're interviewing here. Not sure what goes on behind the scenes, but it appears that the company is highly dysfunctional - especially in corporate marketing.

Interview Questions

• This was never a question, but apparently they asked someone in the industry about my relationship with my boyfriend, who lives in the UK. Completely inappropriate.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MediaTek (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with the manager and one with a senior member. Each one lasts for one hour or more. Then I got the opportunity of an on-site interview. I gave a presentation (1.5 hours) followed by several individual interviews with the members in the team. Each individual interview is 30 to 45 minutes. Lastly, I had a final interview talk with the manager as wrap up.

Interview Questions

• One probability question and one digital signal processing question.   Answer Question

IR Drop Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MediaTek (Tucson, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Since the company is in Taiwan and I was in Arizona, I talked to the manager by phone. The manager asked questions about the project what I had done related to the filed of circuit design.