Mediaocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.9

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi step process spanning two weeks. First, an email exchange between myself and a recruiter (who was the same throughout the whole process). Next was a timed cognitive and personality test. Finally, a skype interview where I repeated the cognitive (to eliminate cheaters) and face to face conversation with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit, tell me about your former positions, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean in February 2017.

Interview

Instructed to complete a personality and intelligence test, which led me to a first round interview.

First Skype interview with HR recruiter was great. A great conversation with a very friendly recruiter, and after *extensive* interview experience, it seemed to be a mutual fit where I would at least move to the next round. Contacted five days later saying the hiring manager found another candidate's experience to more closely align with the position description.

If your going to interview me for culture fit and background, I would assume you have reviewed my experiences and concluded that I could be qualified for the role. I was really looking forward to learning more about the position. Hiring process needs improvement to not waste both of our time. (In total, I spent 45 minutes with JUST their personality and 2 intelligence tests. Plus, a 40 minute interview.)

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I passed the test that was sent as the first step, then proceeded to have a skype interview. After the skype interview, I had to take the test again while they watched via skype to verify that I had not cheated in any way on the test. I did well enough in those steps and was asked to then come in for a total of 3 more interviews with different managers throughout the team. The process is very thorough to find people that mesh the best with their current culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently know about our product offerings?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin and the recruiter reached out then ghosted for a couple of weeks then came back. It was super strange and they make you take all of these behavioral exams including one where you have to be on Skype and answer the exam while the recruiter is in the background. It seemed like a lot before an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is quite disgusting! They first sent me an e-mail asking to write a test which is 50 questions in 15 mins(God knows what they want) then I got an email that i have been selected and I have to go with next rounds. I had a skype interview where i have to then and there complete an assessment. I am done with that and I didn't receive any answer from them. I have waited for more than 2 weeks for a followup but still they didn't give me any answer. Very bad!!!I

Interview Questions

• Write the online assessment   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

There was pre interview questions asking about my personality. I also had to take a pre interview test. The pre interview test was challenging but I moved on to the next part which is a skype interview. The whole process took two weeks.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for an opening via the Mediaocean website as well as Linkedin. I received an email 24 hours later stating the following "Thank you for your interest and congratulations for making it to the next step in our hiring process! Having reviewed your career history we are pleased to extend you an invitation to complete 2 pre-employment assessments." One was a personality assessment and the other was a cognitive test. I was rather pleased and although I found it strange to ask me to complete an online personality test, I obliged.
    I took the two tests online. The personality test required you to choose one of the following answers: "Always," "Almost Always," "Never," and "Almost Never." The questions were ridiculous, such as the following: "If something goes wrong in your life, you only have yourself to blame," and "Other people's opinions of me are always positive," and "I was outgoing and always kept up socially in high school." There were 88 questions similar to those.
    48 hours later I received the following email: "Thank you for your time and interest with Mediaocean. After reviewing your resume, your application, and the test results, we have decided to move forward with other candidates."
    OK Mediaocean..... You reviewed my resume, you were pleased with it, and as a result you asked me to take two online tests. Somehow, after the two tests, you reviewed my resume AND my test results, and that prompted you to move in another direction? So which is it? Because you clearly stated you were pleased with my resume when you moved me to step two in the process, but then after I presumable "failed" your personality test, you no longer found my resume up to par.
    I have to be honest here, I apply for many jobs that I may not exactly be qualified for, but take a chance anyway, and understand if the company wants to go in another direction. However, this job with Mediaocean was right up my alley. I easily met the core qualifications, the minimum requirements, and 100% deserved a chance to interview for this position. I was both saddened and flabbergasted that this company used an online personality test with a computerized algorithm to place me in a specific box and deem me not worthy enough for their company.
    This process is demeaning, impersonal, and insulting. I somehow felt personally rejected without even having the opportunity to speak with a real human being. I am disappointed in not having been given a real chance at this job, despite my solid resume and background, and I believe Mediaocean lost a great candidate due to their own foolish methods. To add insult to injury, I also realized their screening process is done by a woman in Chicago, even though the job is located in Manhattan. Impersonal would be an understatement.
    Looking for jobs and interviewing over the past 6 months has been an exhausting process, as most people know, and its a full time job looking for a new job...but somehow this short process with Mediaocean has been one of the worst, most demeaning experiences of them all

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by a recruiter and had to do two personality assessments. Then had a phone screening with recruiter along with another assessment test, both which seemed to go very well. I received a rejection two weeks later.

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean in August 2016.

Interview

I must say I'm quite shocked by the way MediaOcean handled the process. I applied to a position and got an email the next day asking me to take two online tests within the next five days prior to anything else. I mean, no phone call before to have a further understanding about the job, no more description of the company or anything. It's the first time in my career that I'm asked to take an online test right away like that.

I should have run away but the tests were supposed to take 30 minutes and I got curious, so I took them. Two days later, I receive the prewritten email telling me that they were going to pursue with other candidates. That's it. No other reason, nothing. Well, they did state in their test that they would not share the results of your tests with you..

So basically, they ask you to allow time for them but won't spend a minute on you. When a company does that, you should run away. It shows shat type of company it is and how they would treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• Not given a chance to answer any question. One behavioral test and one mathematical (simple questions) one   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first step was 2 online tests, one which focused on cognitive ability and the other a personality survey. The second step was a simple phone screening. The on-site interview was a little bit awkward. After having rescheduled(due to extra meetings for them) I went to their office to only be place in a small room by myself to take a technical phone interview.