Mediaocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Well from my understanding its start with the application and then taking two online assessment test if you have been invited for it.

Afterwards if they will move forward with you, they will invite you to have a skype interview with an HR rep. That's how far I got in the interview process. They ended up going with an employee referral which was a bummer but nevertheless the interview process i had was pleasant. And the HR did tell me the next step, if I would continue with hiring process, would be meeting the Director of Operations and having a tour of the office

Interview Questions

• Asked you questions about your background in customer service and interest in where you want to go in the future   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

One personality test, one math, reading, and writing exam (together), followed by a skype interview where you redo your exams again, and then a 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was my first time encountering an 'IQ' assessment of sorts, and honestly I should have backed out immediately. There was a lot of up front investment of time on my part (two 15 min assessments, phone screen while re-taking IQ test as HR watches on Skype), and once in the office nobody seemed to know anything about me. Seemed like HR was really on their game, except for this strange assessment process which seems unnecessary for someone with my qualifications, but truly the team I met with was aloof and seemed uncaring. Work better to make candidates feel valued, even if the fit/timing isn't right this time around. Based on interviewing at 10+ companies in the last year - strangest experience with a company so far, but given the other glassdoor reviews, not sure where this company is heading with their people strategy.

Account Manager Media Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied, then read some Glassdoor reviews and then watched the process replicate just about every review I read. You receive a "you've been selected" email, then are asked to take 2 tests. Sound familiar? No discussion, no conversation, worst experience with a prospective employer to date. Funny enough the businesses they say are their clients are my clients in my current role. If my resume led to a candidate selection wouldn't a conversation be step one?

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website on 4/27/17 and received an email the next day wanting me to move on to the next stage which was taking 2 pre-employment assessments; a cognitive assessment and a personality assessment. Apparently I successfully passed the assessments because on 5/4/17 I received another emailing wanting to schedule a skype interview where I would take the cognitive assessment again and also speak with someone. I replied the same day with my availability with no response since. I waited about a week to call and hopefully speak with someone but to no avail.

Interview Questions

• There where no questions asked. Just 2 cognitive and personality assessments.   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi step process spanning two weeks. First, an email exchange between myself and a recruiter (who was the same throughout the whole process). Next was a timed cognitive and personality test. Finally, a skype interview where I repeated the cognitive (to eliminate cheaters) and face to face conversation with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit, tell me about your former positions, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

You take a personality test and an intelligence test, and then you take the intelligence test again during a live Skype interview with HR. Then if you pass all the tests, you have 4 half hour interviews back to back to back to back, and then you're hired based on those interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you attack a territory and build a book of business?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean in February 2017.

Interview

Instructed to complete a personality and intelligence test, which led me to a first round interview.

First Skype interview with HR recruiter was great. A great conversation with a very friendly recruiter, and after *extensive* interview experience, it seemed to be a mutual fit where I would at least move to the next round. Contacted five days later saying the hiring manager found another candidate's experience to more closely align with the position description.

If your going to interview me for culture fit and background, I would assume you have reviewed my experiences and concluded that I could be qualified for the role. I was really looking forward to learning more about the position. Hiring process needs improvement to not waste both of our time. (In total, I spent 45 minutes with JUST their personality and 2 intelligence tests. Plus, a 40 minute interview.)

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I passed the test that was sent as the first step, then proceeded to have a skype interview. After the skype interview, I had to take the test again while they watched via skype to verify that I had not cheated in any way on the test. I did well enough in those steps and was asked to then come in for a total of 3 more interviews with different managers throughout the team. The process is very thorough to find people that mesh the best with their current culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently know about our product offerings?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin and the recruiter reached out then ghosted for a couple of weeks then came back. It was super strange and they make you take all of these behavioral exams including one where you have to be on Skype and answer the exam while the recruiter is in the background. It seemed like a lot before an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question