Medidata Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medidata Solutions

2.8

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interaction with recruiter and HR were positive as with Hiring Mgr, then it was downhill from there. Interviews were poorly organized and some elements were outsourced - and it’s clear this is very much Jr Varsity organization and culture (great products but way too many B Players and Kool Aid drinkers)

Interview Questions

• What excites you about Medidata and this opportunity?   2 Answers

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a brief interview about the company and explain what a day to day would be like. Following from there the interviewer would send you a google doc where you have to find out a solving a coding question

Interview Questions

• Ask me a simple algorithm question about that had to do with an array   2 Answers
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. The entire process took over one month. 2 weeks after applying, I was contacted by HR coordinator. Scheduled a phone interview with HR. She never showed up for the call. I followed up with e-mail and managed to reschedule a call. Two weeks later after HR pre-screening, I had an interview with the hiring manager on google hangout. She wanted to understand my background, shared her vision for the lead UX designer role, and explained the process for in-person interview. I followed up with a Thank You email and never heard back. I'm rating the experience "negative" as the process was too long.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite task in UX process?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever run workshops with clients?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview

Interview with 3-4 managers which went through important databases and code. After lunch, interviewed with a few more directors. Then went on to discuss the expectations and new company benefits as of 2014

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this scenario which we have been having trouble with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and Transportation/Career Advancement

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

I'd say most of the employees are below 40 years old. Get ready to work under pressure. First you'll get an invite for the interview from HR. It's a technology company so expect a lot of technical questions if you are applying for a technology position. You will also most likely have to pass a written test. The interview should take about an hour. Other than that, the interview process is not long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just agreed to what they offered.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and after a few emails/calls with recruiters (their HR is not great at responding to referrals so be persistent), we set up a technical phone screen.

The phone screen was pretty standard, some "tell me about yourself" type of questions and then a few technical questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes from what I remember. Some questions were more short answer while others had to do with how I would solve a problem. Didn't have to write code but had to talk about it and mention efficiency and things like that.

I was them invited to an on site interview. This was 4 hours and mostly technical as well. Wrote code on paper mostly and also talked about myself and my resume a little with some interviewers (some jumped straight into the problems). Questions ranged in difficulty- out of the 4 interviewers/interviews, 1 was definitely on the harder side (but solvable), and the other 3 were pretty much the right difficulty, with even a couple of not hard questions thrown in.

I got good vibes from my interviewers and they seemed to be nice. They answered my questions although I didn't get too much information on what kinds of stuff I would really specifically be doing at the job (which made some sense- I think they tried to find you a match once you started).

My negotiation/offer process (with HR) was not that good though. They did get back to me very soon (the next day) but tried to pressure me into giving them a salary amount before giving me a formal offer. They also tried to convince me I should just accept instead of finishing other interviews I had lined up and even said they might "find someone else" if I didn't accept right away (but judging from their initial failure to contact me immediately and set up an interview, it didn't seem like the position needed to be filled urgently). It didn't feel like HR really cared about what was best for me or even about wanting me to work at Medidata. It was all about numbers and seemingly about hiring someone to get commission or something.

If you are interested in the company but are turned off by the recruiting and HR, don't led that change your mind. I think the company as a whole is a good place to work; they just need to work on their recruiting process and communication.

Interview Questions

• - basic algorithm and data structure questions
      - know how to talk about time and space complexity
      - write code that does something without a computer ( write the code on paper)   1 Answer

Found a better offer that was more aligned to what I was looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

A phone round to check the skills & your background with few technical questions. This was followed by an onsite interview, which had 4 rounds with 2 managers & 2 software engineers. 1st round with hiring manager gave a palindrome ques on white board. 2nd round database round gave a long complex sql query on white board. 3rd round was with another manager who scanned through the resume & asked about the technologies worked on in details, he also had a few oral data structures questions. 4th round was a complex problem to solve with data structures of my choice, it was probably to check my approach, interviewer was equally involved in it & again it was white board. 5th interviewer wasn't available that day & I got an early leave. Seemed like everything went well, I was hoping to get a positive response out of it. However, I haven't heard from the HR yet. Its been 2 weeks, they should at least get back with the response, whatever it is.
    The interview exp was really good, good environment, smart people, great location. The only drawback I would say is the HR not responding properly to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Complex query with 2 self joins & a union to find one single column.   1 Answer
    • Check if the linked list cyclic   1 Answer
    • To check if the Integer is a palindrome without converting into a string.   1 Answer
    • HashMap, HashSet Implementation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I started interviewing at Medidata from April 1st week. Contact by recruiter when applied on indeed. Recruiter set up call with hiring manager. I had few mins brief technical phone call with hiring manager. I was invited onsite for pre-screening. I was interviewed by two team members. They asked me questions on experience and a brief algo of one my projects. After the positive feedback I was invited for final round of 3-hour onsite. I met with hiring manager, product manager and data scientist of the team. I met recruiter after the rounds who mentioned the feedback had been positive. Later that day I had a phone interview with VP. I was made an offer two days later. What attracted me most was how much all the team members loved their work and had passion for their job. Everyone had an excellent experience and very knowledgeable . They gave me sufficient time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• About the projects done a university and how I handled certain situations at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview took place at 350 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014. The interview took place at third floor. Four guys interviewing you. It was comfortable. The interviewers were friendly. They came one after another.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Worst Experience ever, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF, I put too much time and effort in to this interview but and I rocked the coding pair interview too went through 3 phone interview after several emails I sent no reply they sent a cold email after 3 weeks or so sorry we passed with no details or explanation - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Interview Questions

• Some sorting algorithm and basic list   1 Answer