Medidata Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty straightforward it began with an initial screening with the recruiter. This was followed by a second in depth phone screen. Next, I was selected as a candidate worthy for F2F so was flown in to their Jersey office. The
    office was impressive, people looked happy to be there, and not stuffy. I advanced to next round which included 5 more phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Medidata?

The others were in the normal realm of sales interviews.
      Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A Skype interview with an HR person that was one of the most condescending professional experiences of my life, and I've been at this for a while. Standard questions about companies I've worked for, including employee size and revenue, followed with a very self-satisfied "we're a bit bigger than you're used to." Also wanted a complete salary history which I politely refused to give, preferring to focus instead on the target range I had already specified, and that's where it really went south. HR person was quite insistent that they needed that information and asked it of everyone, not just me. Then said to me, "Is it because you made less? Is that why you won't tell me?" Never heard from them again and grateful for it.

Interview Questions

• How big were your previous companies by revenue and employee size?   Answer Question

Senior Voice Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview

Had a phones interview where Medidata was late on the call and didn't even have a conference bridge as there were more than 2 parties on the call. When Medidata finally called there voice quality was terrible. I could barely hear them over the phone.

The second interview was in person and the manager looked very unprofessional with a very wrinkled Polo shirt and his hair looked like he just woke up.

The interview itself was very awkward as they asked me the same question more than once and used a third party vendor to ask me technical questions about security when there was no security on my resume but felt compelled to asked me a question since I answered all of his technical questions correctly he felt to ask me a question on a topic that I did not have expertise on.

Finally the director has the biggest ego and thinks working for a large financial bank defines who he is but he is a terrible manager just by looking at the current Voice infrastructure Medidata has. This manager contradicts himself by telling you that he wants you to have a work life balance but then ask if your comfortable working a lot of overtime, traveling to Jersey which is a 2 hour drive and traveling overseas to their remote sites.

I would not recommend working here if you are a skilled engineer but if your just starting out in your career it would good to start with for one year then leave. You don't want to be accustomed to this type of company culture. Stay away from this firm.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (Edison, NJ).

Interview

My recruiter sent me over to their Edison office. Interviewer asked about typing speed and questions on Word and Excel. I was interviewed by three different people. Questions were mainly on Windows, internet browser usage, data entry and related prior experiences.

Director, Product Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 1 telecon with HR and 1 telecon with the hiring manager. I was then asked to come in and present a Go To Market Strategy. I was given 50 minutes to present in person and via Skype.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email, setup time for phone screen. However on scheduled day and time, recruiter was a no-show. There was no follow-up email or call. I reached out again and setup for another time but on the day of, I received a call 45 minutes past our scheduled time.

A brief 30 minute conversation followed and agreed to move forward with a manager interview and for me to provide some available days and times; which was done via email. Received one VM with a question which was followed up but there's not been any calls or updates despite me inquiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How did you hear about the company? What questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Market Intelligence Interview

Interview

I found the role on LinkedIn and applied it through the company website. A human resource staff emailed me for a Skype interview. The HR staff checked basic background, interests and fit questions. After that, HR scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager call for initial screening. The hiring manager asked more about capability and why types of questions.

Marketing Communications Writer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out via email and asked me to send clips. She then invited me to an in person interview. The interview was very casual, and went exceptionally well. The interviewer asked basic questions about my experience and then told me that there were actually two open positions and asked me which I preferred, which kind of threw me off. He insinuated that I'd get to pick the one that fit better with my skills, and that I pretty much got the job but they first needed to figure out where they were going with this role. Then I never heard back from him or the hiring manager, despite reaching out a number of times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Do you like writing or editing? What kind of writing have you done before?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

A complete waste of your time. HR would schedule calls and then never take them. Getting a Google hangout took forever and zero feedback was given. I don't even think they're actually hiring, I think they're just sorting through candidates.

Interview Questions

• Prove what articles in your portfolio you created by yourself   1 Answer

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. The entire process took over one month. 2 weeks after applying, I was contacted by HR coordinator. Scheduled a phone interview with HR. She never showed up for the call. I followed up with e-mail and managed to reschedule a call. Two weeks later after HR pre-screening, I had an interview with the hiring manager on google hangout. She wanted to understand my background, shared her vision for the lead UX designer role, and explained the process for in-person interview. I followed up with a Thank You email and never heard back. I'm rating the experience "negative" as the process was too long.