Medidata Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty straightforward it began with an initial screening with the recruiter. This was followed by a second in depth phone screen. Next, I was selected as a candidate worthy for F2F so was flown in to their Jersey office. The
    office was impressive, people looked happy to be there, and not stuffy. I advanced to next round which included 5 more phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Medidata?

The others were in the normal realm of sales interviews.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was extensive. I met with 10 people, my potential manager, teammates, other managers and people in other functions that I would interact with once in the position.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (Iselin, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an invite from linkedin after applying for the position. Had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manage, then invited for a 2-hour onsite interview with the team. Met a few of the team members and then the hiring manager. It all went well and I even stayed longer than 2 hours. Hiring manager said they'll get back to me with a quick decision in a few days. Turns out I didn't get a single response after almost a month. Multiple emails were sent to HR but nothing, so i found the HR number and called & was told their recruiting system had problems so they couldn't receive any of my emails. Promised by them to have follow-up - still nothing for another 2 weeks. Finally after a month, I got a short, simple, automatic rejection email. Their follow-ups are probably the poorest from all other organizations i've interviewed with.

Interview Questions

Medidata Solutions Response

Sep 13, 2017 – Your Friends at Medidata

Thank you for your feedback, we do value this and whilst we are disappointed to hear of your experience, we have ensured there has been action to rectify this from happening in the future to ensure... More

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview

Met with 3 people, mostly behavioral questions, I liked them but apparently I was interviewing for something that I didn't know I applied for. My fault for not reading the email closely. Was caught off guard by a few questions

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

For a company that prides itself on a thorough and positive candidate process I was surprised by my experience. First, the recruiter scheduled our call for a day and time I did not indicate I was available, simply assuming I’d make it work (I did, for fear of losing the opportunity all together). The next two calls consisted of the same conversation I had with the recruiter. Both women I spoke to started the interview late, had no knowledge of my background, and asked the same exact questions. They say their process is thorough, but it came off as redundant, and ultimately a waste of time; I withdrew.

Statistical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was about 30 mins talk over the phone, followed by an onsite interview. Presented my dissertation work for 1 hour and then had about 7 one on one interviews. The technical guys are all very nice. Most of the junior data scientists hold a master degree, but seem very smart. However, they HR is so unprofessional. They forgot to pay for your hotel; he never wanted to reply your email but insisted on a phone talk everyday; but he gave two different speeches over two different calls; he argued that it took him so much efforts and paper work to even send you an official offer letter; they would call you after your polite decline of their offer and argue with you about not appreciating his work of generating the offer letter: "I am so upset. you are making a mistake!"

Interview Questions

• Interpret p value; family wise error rate; variable selection; LASSO   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I started interviewing at Medidata from April 1st week. Contact by recruiter when applied on indeed. Recruiter set up call with hiring manager. I had few mins brief technical phone call with hiring manager. I was invited onsite for pre-screening. I was interviewed by two team members. They asked me questions on experience and a brief algo of one my projects. After the positive feedback I was invited for final round of 3-hour onsite. I met with hiring manager, product manager and data scientist of the team. I met recruiter after the rounds who mentioned the feedback had been positive. Later that day I had a phone interview with VP. I was made an offer two days later. What attracted me most was how much all the team members loved their work and had passion for their job. Everyone had an excellent experience and very knowledgeable . They gave me sufficient time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• About the projects done a university and how I handled certain situations at work.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview

I was reached out to for a phone interview, and then got stood up. I have yet to hear back from anyone. I have never been asked to a phone interview, only to be left in the dark. Very unprofessional

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen was fine. Fairly standard 30 min. deep dive into background, previously challenges, techniques for solving them, and all the jazz.

Huge downhill experience going into the in-person interviews. Unorganized process, from last minute notification (not request) that an interview was scheduled (only a few hours before, 2x in a row), to changes in schedule. No rooms available.

Usually, the internal recruiter would explain or apologize for numerous problems, but didn't...

Interview Questions

• Describe a product you like and how you would change it?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions (Pittsburg, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first round interview is a video interview on Take The Interview. There are six questions, for each question, I have one minute to prepare and two minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Medidata Solutions? Why do you want to work for Medidata?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medidata Solutions in February 2017.

Interview

I met one on one with a long time employee for this company. The interviewer was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. I could tell the excitement she felt when I asked about working at Medidata.