Melaleuca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Director of Marketing - Vitamins Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2017.

Interview

Multiple positive phone interviews & invited to visit Idaho Falls. Day of face-to-face interviews was seemingly positive & included a tour with realtor.

Did not receive offer which was fine as I would not have accepted it due to the small town location. However, I found the experience to be extremely disrespectful to me and my time as I took 2 days of vacation (plus a Saturday) to travel to Idaho, and received a form email on Monday notifying me that they chosen to pass.

I approached the interview as a professional, and believe I was due to be treated as a professional in notification of their decision. They present a very impressive facade, but I am left to question their integrity; after all they are an MLM.

I will say this, their office are phenomenal & the area is beautiful, but their products are extremely dated and like many in this industry they use voodoo science and consumer ignorance to peddle the cheap wares. Although I never met their CEO, but multiple people during my interviews mentioned that he was a real hindrance to any form of innovation.

Interview Questions

• You'll be asked to take a Wonderlic test; 50 questions & 12-minute time limit.   1 Answer

Senior Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

It was a multistage process. I started with a phone screen with two members of the HR and Recruiting departments. It was both a screen on their side as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions. I found it to be informative and a great opportunity for me to screen for cultural fit. I was invited to Melaleuca's campus in Idaho Falls for the onsite interview. Melaleuca was very attentive making hotel and travel arrangements. As a side note, the people at Melaleuca and Idaho Falls in general are very nice! When I showed up onsite, I was shocked to learn that I was going to be meeting with several C-Level Executives and that I was going to be interviewing 5+ hours. I found the process to be very helpful and informative. The caliber of the interviewers was very impressive but it was a long day. I interviewed with the CEO of Melaleuca and I found him to be very passionate, engaging and candid. I appreciated that the Executive's wanted to engage and answer questions and not just interview me.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my accomplishments   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Melaleuca in February 2017.

Interview

What a waste of time. After several successful phone interviews with different people they said they are interested and asked to stay tuned for the next steps (on-site interview), but never reached out to me nor replied to my emails.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, Selenium WebDriver, general test automation topics.   Answer Question

Management In Training Program (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

2-3 month long process. First interview was with a recruiter. After passing the interview with recruiter, 5-6 interviews with members of their management team will be scheduled. An IQ test will be administered prior to interviews with management members. The IQ test is 50 questions long with a 10 minute time limit. The HR department weighs your test results heavily in your overal hire-ability; a score of 15-20 is a minimum if you would like to be considered for a competive non-entry level job. I recommend practicing IQ tests prior to your arrival.

Interview Questions

• If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with your time?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Melaleuca?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths? Your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Idaho Falls, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview which included a wonderlic assessment and several in person interviews. First class experience where every detail was thought of to ensure a great experience with the organization.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Rexburg, ID).

Interview

About an hour long, no technical questions were asked in the first interview. Short timed assessment after interview which consisted of different problem solving questions and logic riddles. There were two men that took turns asking me questions about what I'm passionate about, what I knew about there company asked my GPA.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Idaho Falls, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. If they like you they will ask you to come back for a technical interview. It's not too bad. Just know basic programing concepts and you should be fine. Any experience in web development would also help a lot.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through its website. I emailed a friend of mine in HR, and he talked to the recruiter over the position for me. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I was invited in for a in-person interview. It started with a 50 question IQ test--I was given about 15 minutes to work on it. After that I had one-on-one interviews with four individuals in the finance department; each interview was 30 minutes. The CFO came in for the last interview, which I thought was cool. Then I waited. And waited. About four weeks later, I got the generic "thanks but no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• Case study: I was presented with a small case study, which involved a marketing team presenting a new packaging pitch to all departments for a sunscreen product. I then was supposed to ask questions that challenged assumptions and covered needs of each department.   1 Answer

IT Help Desk I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Melaleuca.

Interview

I had met the hiring manager previously so the interview was pretty relaxed. He asked basic troubleshooting questions as well as behavioral ones. Being the Help Desk role that it was there weren't any curve ball questions that were hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• If a user is having network connectivity issues how would you troubleshoot this?   Answer Question

Maintenance Lead, Second Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Melaleuca (Knoxville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with them at a job fair, and was called for an interview the next week. When I arrived, I was interviewed by the HR lady, and then given a test (mostly math). After that, I was interviewed by the production maintenance manager, and given a tour of that side of the plant. Then I was interviewed by the logistics maintenance manager, and given a tour of his side of the plant. I was then returned to HR and the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work there.   1 Answer