Menzies Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menzies Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was disorganized, unprofessional, and they seemed desperate to hire anyone with a pulse. After arriving at the Menzies ATL office for a hiring event, I was shocked to find that the majority of people who were there for interviews were dressed inappropriately. The HR staff didn’t care, and even held applicant’s hands through the application process by allowing them to apply online while at the office. When it came time for the interviews, no real questions were asked. The interviewer rambled on and on about stories from the ramp. Afterwards, we were sent to an office to complete drug testing agreement forms. While the staff were polite, their standards for hiring seems ridiculously low. If that is their standard of hiring, I would absolutely hate to see their standard of work. That probably explains their reasoning behind wanting to hire up to 25 people in one day. I was thoroughly unimpressed. If Menzies wants quality people, they need a quality HR staff who know how to put together a quality team. Know your worth. Stay well clear of Menzies.

Human Resource Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation in September 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. I had a phone screen with their HR Director that was pretty standard. The problem I had was there was no follow up. I knew that the HR Manager that the position would be reporting to was out the week I interviewed and was told that the next steps would be the following week. That week, I called the Recruiter I had spoken with and left a voicemail. She returned my call the following day and had no idea who I was. I followed up again with an email a few days later and received no response. If they weren't interested in moving forward with me and were afraid to say so, they could have at least had an automatic follow up from their system saying that I hadn't been selected. It was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience dealing with employee relations issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

The woman doing my "interview" gave me a bunch of paperwork, one page of which was an "interview questions" page that contained all the questions that an interviewer would ask a potential employee. It even had a place to tally the interviewee's score at the top. She made no effort to make any personal connection with me in any way. She simply handed me the paperwork and told me to fill it out. After that, she asked for some personal information such as my phone number, social security number, etc. Then she called security to schedule an appointment to get my badge and told me about orientation. She basically indicated to me that if I passed the drug test and background check, I had the job. She didn't even take the time to read my responses to the interview questions. I was appalled and offended by the lack of respect demonstrated during this meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Menzies Aviation?   1 Answer

Fueller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I Spent quite sometimes discussing my experienced, and in general views about the company with the interviewer. We discussed many issued including the salary, and benefits. It went very well. I've got the job offered and accepted the position on spot.

Interview Questions

• How may years experienced do you have?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Pre-screening with a phone interview that lasts about 30 minutes long and can answer most questions. Next they do an in person interview where you can get more of the questions about that specific location answered.

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (SeaTac, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy, we had one HR rep speak to three applicants about the job and what it entails then we were sent over to a clinic to perform our physical and drug test. If you passed these things and had your proper documents then you were basically guaranteed the job. The interview questions were written, not verbal. You filled out a paper with questions while waiting for the HR rep to come into the room and speak with your group.

Interview Questions

• Explain/describe your labor experience. What in your past jobs has qualified you for a labor demanding job like this one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Windsor Locks, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward-- I had a lady from their Human Resources office conduct a phone screen, set my face-to-face interview up, and send me supporting documents that needed to be filled out. I went to the interview in a full suit and people noticed. I had one of the Transportation Safety Administration guys say: There were other people who interviewed, but your the first in a suit and tie, I think you have a good shot, so dress to impress like with any other interview-- business casual at the minimum, if you cannot afford a complete business casual attire at the time, wear your best button down shirt, your best dress pants/pants, and a tie if you have one. Most importantly relax and be your self. If this job is meant to be yours it was meant to be yours. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing really stuck out to me at least.

Have you worked in this industry before?   1 Answer

Cabin Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Good interview was easy they just ask u your past jobs and what did you learn from them and what bad happened if any thing bad did happened and they tell you about the job and what's it's like and

Deicer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

It's pretty basic and they ask you a lot of questions about safety and your willingness to work hard. It's a very interesting interview. you need to compose yourself in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me examples of how you've handled increased pressure at your previous job.   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menzies Aviation.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called literally 2 hours later. Some people they call in less than 30 minutes (RED FLAG)! The interview was very easy and went very smoothly. This company will literally hire anybody, as long as you take a drug test and background check. They have even recently hired a few people without driver's license, which is something they required before.

Interview Questions

• Give three reasons why you are good at working on a team.   1 Answer