Meritage Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Application is online. Once your application has passed the first screening, they will email you and send a couple of assessments. After that, the recruiter will request a phone interview to schedule.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meritage Homes.

Interview

After passing the initial screening they send you two Assessment tests. If that goes well then they will follow by a phone screening which will potentially lead to 1-1 interview

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritage Homes.

Interview

Went very well. I am hoping they will consider me for a position. Look forward to the second interview. Process seems normal. May get called back with the week. They seem to be very interested.

Escrow Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on a job board, then was sent an assessment a couple days later. After the assessment, I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, then I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was going well until he started to ask me some pointed, personal questions about my family. It made me uncomfortable because I am not close with my family. I told him I was not close with my family, and I got the impression that he thought that was really weird. I left the interview feeling like it was fine but the family stuff kind of ruined it. The next day I accepted a different position with another company, so I emailed the recruiter/hr contact to let him know I was no longer available.

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

It was your typical cattle call, except everyone forgot to show up. The Executive team seemed to believe that was due to traffic...I actually thought that would work to my advantage, also I was recommended by a friend, who was able to get me scheduled for the cattle call.

I interview very well. What was hard for these folks to comprehend was I was a seasoned sales professional not a newbee. They (sales managers) did not like that my salary had probably been consistent with theirs currently or more, I think if I would have said less I would probably gotten the job .

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the sales process, which I thoroughly understood.

My take away is they probably felt I was not teachable, which was totally not true. If I had learned the sales process I was accustomed to so well, that means I was teachable and could perfect a system and process.

I was extremely shocked when I got the email declining moving forward in the hiring process. I believe I was probably overqualified...I don't know how when I visited some of their model homes and the people they do hire are not good and do not have the talent I have. I was really shocked...they wanted someone with a lower skill level.   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

A short email with a schedule of times to come to a hiring event. It was about 40 people at the hiring event. Four employees explained the company and what they will bring to the Atlanta, GA area and the homes being built. After 15 minutes they invited 4 applicants at a time to 4 tables behind a screen. No one was hired on the spot and all the conversations were open like a networking event. I received an email with they are going with someone else. Initially they were building at least 8 new communities now I look online they are building 27 communities. I think they already had a pool of applicants selected and this was just a learning and networking session to get the Meritage Home name out there to buyer agents. I plan to visit every home being built and hope see at least one black man.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Long.....first I have a phone interview, maybe two. Then, I was brought onsite to interview for 6 hours with the leadership team. And, after that If was brought back again to meet with the Sr. Executive Coach.

Interview Questions

• my experience; examples of changing priorities, having to deal with difficult internal customers. Meeting deadlines, achieving goals, etc.   Answer Question

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews prior to being hired. I spoke to the Talent Acquisition, Accounts Payable Manager and the Vice President Region Controller. After the 3 interviews I was offered the position and I gracefully accepted.

Senior Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

30 minute phone conversation with 2 members on the TA team. Pretty standard discussion but what I did not like in anyway is they asked what my salary was and what I wanted to make but they refused to tell me what the salary range was because team level employees were on the call. It's very unprofessional to ask salary related questionshbut then not disclose what the range is because team members are on the phone. If that is how they look at it, then said team members do not need to know what I was making and what I want to be making. I was not asked to move forward but I got a personal call letting me know about getting declined which I thought was a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• Take us through your resume, Why are you interested in Meritage Homes, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit detailed . I had one in person interview, since the president knew me than I had 4 phone interviews . they all pretty much asked the same qts about . Structure Selling holding team accountable and how to handle performance issues .

Interview Questions

• If I believed in and understood Jeff Shore 4-2 selling process and if you would be able to support Meritage way.   Answer Question