Meritage Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Application is online. Once your application has passed the first screening, they will email you and send a couple of assessments. After that, the recruiter will request a phone interview to schedule.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

very easy, informal and to the point. seemed like the needed bodies so badly that it didn't matter what I had to say in the interview. it was very obvious there would be an offer shortly after the interview

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Irving, TX).

Interview

Very thorough and detailed. Management seems to have it right . Explained the Mission Statement and its core values.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you have had a time sensitive challenge or deadline , and how you dealt with it ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Corona, CA).

Interview

Went through a initial phone interview with the human resource director. 2 days later, had another phone interview with the department manager. But interviewers were extremely professional, called exactly on the hour the call was scheduled, polite, and asked relevent questions. The questions were about specifics to the job and also about soft skills such as how one would handle a conflict at work. Next step, hopefully I will get there, will be an in-person interview with the department head. Overall, a professional and reliable company.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. I think this company mostly is concentraiting on core competencies and the potential talent of individuals than specific skills, which is very refreshing.   Answer Question

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews prior to being hired. I spoke to the Talent Acquisition, Accounts Payable Manager and the Vice President Region Controller. After the 3 interviews I was offered the position and I gracefully accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meritage Homes.

Interview

After passing the initial screening they send you two Assessment tests. If that goes well then they will follow by a phone screening which will potentially lead to 1-1 interview

Senior Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

An in-house recruiter contacted me through Linked In. They explained the job, salary,etc, explained the situation (staffing up, new office etc.,) basically a first interview. I sent them my resume. I researched the company, called a few past and existing employees. They were guardedly positive. I then had a second skype interview. I didn't make it past the second interview. The interview was strange in that the person interviewing me seemed interested initially and then lost interest completely. It was either they figured out my age from my resume or they didn't like my level of excel skills. The pay was about $90K which is pretty standard. I did hear later through other people in the industry that Meritage is a pretty difficult work place - churn and burn environment. Not interested in repeating that kind of work environment so it worked out for the best.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my spreadsheet skills, I don't think they liked my answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was phone with HR person. First question really hit hard and would not move on was salary. I said that I was looking for market range and the interviewer would not move on till I told her what I was presently making with bonuses. Felt that they were looking to place via bucks only as long as it was a living person. Was "told" to complete online assessment and in the meantime would schedule next in-person interview. Interviewer seemed distracted and not really interested in whether or not I would be interested in the company or job. Was reluctant to answer questions about the company. Was not energetically engaged in process. Lasted about 20 mins. I withdrew my application the next day as there are plenty of competitors who were more engaged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a day in your life at your present job   1 Answer
    • What do you want to do five years from now (or what is your 5 year goal)   Answer Question
    • Describe your technology skills   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meritage Homes in July 2015.

Interview

Usual questions. HR or Recruiter was so rude it was unbelievable. If her personality is anything like management. You don't want work here. It's a phone interview with a half hour timeframe.

Forward Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meritage Homes (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Straight forward questioning. Just wanted to know your qualifications.