Meritage Homes Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

4.4
Meritage Homes CEO, Executive Vice President Phillippe Lord
Phillippe Lord
Pros
  • "A cutting edge, entrepreneurial organization which lives its core values every day(in 24 reviews)

• "Plus, the homes are really energy efficient and beautiful(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The upper management in the division have no business being in their roles(in 13 reviews)

• "such high turnover its hard to build a system because everything changes so often(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

True Values/Best company I’ve worked for

Oct 20, 2020 - Sales Counselor in Stuart, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, a fun place to work with stellar management with true values. Management do care about their employees. I recently lost a family member and not only they were supportive but they gave me the time I needed to be out, for that I will always be grateful and loyal to them.

Cons

Haven’t experienced any Cons, great company and team.

Meritage Homes Response

People Operations

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your management team in South Florida were supportive and empathetic to you during a difficult time, and that you love working at Meritage Homes. If you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Manager, local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

National Builder does it right!

May 10, 2021 - Land Acquisition Manager in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

After coming to Meritage from another major national builder, I can definitely say that Meritage does it right. One of the biggest things I was missing in my previous company was a sense of culture and value for it's employees. This was echoed repeatedly to me in my interviews with Meritage and after 2 months I can 100% say I made the right move.

Cons

The only con is having to learn a new way of doing things. Learning a companies process and procedures is never an easy or quick task, but Meritage has set me up with a wonderful 90 day training to do this!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and work environment

May 5, 2021 - Sales Counselor in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience so far has been amazing. From the 1st interviews with the hiring agent, to my interviews with managers and VP of sales, I felt very welcomed. The overall work atmosphere is very positive, and everyone has been very receptive. It’s only been 2 months since I was hired, but I already know that this is best decision that I could have made.

Cons

Can’t think of anything negative

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to have a career!

Apr 26, 2021 - Sales in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is fantastic in Tucson area. Meritage has the best land and their homes are very energy efficient. Really dynamic co-workers who are kind and supportive. I love selling for this company.

Cons

Wish we could make more money but overall competitive.

5. 1.0

Harsh Atmosphere

May 10, 2021 - Construction Operations in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are the best in the industry

Cons

Poor leadership at the executive level

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good to get into industry

May 5, 2021 - Construction Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are people willing to train you and answer questions Meritage team in the field is great

Cons

Competing interests within the company Each department works in a silo Construction bears most responsibility in terms of running the business

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You will want to work here!

Feb 16, 2021 - Customer Care Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and benefits. Company provided technology is great and cutting edge. The onboarding staff was very helpful and my team and supervisor are supportive. The company is open to ideas and concern and acts upon them accordingly. The bonus package and special incentives is better than any other company I have worked with.

Cons

Being on the construction side you cannot wear jeans even though you are in nice company provided shirts/jackets.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Barely going on two months with Meritage Homes.

Feb 16, 2021 - Assistant Construction Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people that I work with. Environment is what I have missed when I worked in construction in years passed. Very similarities when I owned my family business. Always striving to move forward.

Cons

The only real thing is to have courses/learning/training process on how to use more of the apps that are needed in the construction side of Meritage.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

"Start with Heart" is a great mantra for Meritage Homes!

Feb 27, 2021 - Sales Counselor in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to earn good money and a work environment that encourages ideas. Team working to improve process, communications and overall work environment. Unlike other builders I've worked with Meritage Homes is interested in building long term career employees that value a team support system.

Cons

Decisions are sometimes made without consideration of all the impacts to the company or employees. Silo decisions are not usually the best way forward.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to work!!!

Feb 16, 2021 - Purchasing Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meritage has a set of Core Values and we actually live by them; We build homes that are environmentally friendly; We are constantly changing to stay in front of trends in the market, which is highly unusual for a large company; Work/life balance;

Cons

Our business is cyclical, which can be stressful at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 373 Reviews