KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.5
Meritage Homes CEO, Executive Vice President Phillippe Lord
Phillippe Lord

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I really enjoy the great culture we have here at Meriatge.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Amazing Management and on boarding process...... Allows you to just do your Job and is always there to support.....(in 24 reviews)
  • "Strong core values which are really adhered to(in 22 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 22 reviews)
  • "Location is great and the people you work with are extremely friendly.(in 19 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Meritage Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Nashville Division.

Apr 21, 2022 - Division Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team at Meritage Homes Nashville is experienced, friendly, and dedicated to the well-being of their employees. This leadership team is the most talent group I have had the honor of working with. They are inclusive to all people and are always doing fun activities as a division. We definitely work hard but not at the expense of our families and quality of life. I have worked for a few other builders and Meritage as a company is the best I have worked with hands down. Dave (Division President) & Chad (VP of Sales) are both tremendous leaders that are always willing to listen and develop their people. They truly have your back and don't get upset when you have a question or feedback to deliver. They drive our culture to the point that we literally talk about it in almost every meeting. The other thing I enjoy about working here is they don't partake in a "Got you" culture of trying to step on anyone to get ahead. This is truly a team of teams and I enjoy working here.

Cons

No cons I can think of at this time.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

May 20, 2022 - New Home Sales Counselor in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trust and Freedom in the field. Kyle, Angel, and Brittany were amazing to work with. This group genuinely cares for your well-being and acts with integrity. I only left to pursue leadership opportunities with another division, otherwise I would have loved to continue under their leadership.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

NASVILLE IS TRULY A TEAM OF TEAMS

May 7, 2022 - Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture in the Nashville Division is truly world class. This team of teams led by our Division President (Dave) and our VP of Sales (Chad) has a winning attitude, a growth mindset and a level of professionalism that is untouchable. Earning potential is unlimited, work life balance has improved ten fold and the change in Sales Managers was something we all longed for. When you refuse to accept growth and training and culture, the whole team can suffer. Our Managers are amazing and thankfully all the small people have left the building.

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. 5.0

WORLD CLASS CULTURE

Apr 20, 2022 - Design Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the moment I joined the Nashville Meritage Team, I felt home. The leadership strives to create a healthy culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and supportive. Leadership and staff have also worked with my pregnancy accommodations, giving me flexibility and resources to ensure I feel confident and taken care of. I have grown professionally and personally since starting this role and I can't imagine myself working anywhere else!

Cons

No cons! I love this place!

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Corporate Employee

Apr 25, 2022 - Unknown in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meritage Homes is an incredible company that really cares about its customers and its people. There's a ton of emphasis on how to elevate the employee experience and the customer experience on a daily basis. Our CEO is a passionate and dedicated servant leader who is committed to every member of the team.

Cons

Because our company is filled with leaders who have a bias for action, we tend to take on a lot while also having busy day job activities. Our clear and focused company strategy helps create clarity, however, and the heart that all of our leaders have ensures we are making moves that support our core values at every turn.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work in Nashville!

Apr 26, 2022 - AREA SALES MANAGER in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture!! Have joined the company recently and the division is being run by excellent leadership who believe in their people and invests in their people. Leadership here truly follows their core values and they make sure these values are just not something to have on a t shirt but they actually follow them and make sure they are getting better at it each day. Team in Nashville displays excellent team work and they are willing to help each other always. We do believe in having a growth mindset and leadership is always willing to listen and take feedback. It truly is the best place to work in Nashville!!

Cons

If you have a fixed mindset and are not willing to take feedback and improve this is not the place for you!

7. 5.0

Great Company/Great Culture

Apr 20, 2022 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging, inclusive, and rewarding work environment. Employees are valued and treated with respect. This a place where do what they say they are going to do (transparency)! Great place to grow your career!

Cons

Can’t think of any cons.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love working here!

Apr 22, 2022 - Construction Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We’re working with an incredible purchasing team. If internal changes or trade changes need to be made, they make them. There’s no “just deal with it” attitude. If something doesn’t make sense or if a trade partner isn’t living up to what was agreed upon, we do something about it. Our management team is also amazing and they seem to genuinely care about our CM’s. They understand that their role is to support the field team and they do an excellent job at it. It’s a crazy time to be in the industry with new obstacles every day but the people here are what make it great.

Cons

This can be viewed as a pro as well, but we are growing at an incredible rate which does sometimes make workload heavier than any normal season, but 2022 is no normal season. It’s not necessarily a long term issue but more so just a growth pain.

9. 5.0

Great folks

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back and family oriented

Cons

Not much other than they still use Microsoft products

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place to learn

Apr 26, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

They hired me with no RE experience

Cons

Base Pay was lower than competition. Commission was good.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 451 Reviews

Meritage Homes Reviews FAQs

Meritage Homes has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 476 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Meritage Homes to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Meritage Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Meritage Homes. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

86% of Meritage Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Meritage Homes 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Meritage Homes to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Meritage Homes Job Seekers