Meritage Homes Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2020

4.1
Meritage Homes Chairman and CEO Steve Hilton
Steve Hilton
Pros
  • "There houses are super energy efficient and just a good overall product(in 22 reviews)

• "Core Values and the Dynamic Leadership team make everyone feel valuable(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The upper management in the division have no business being in their roles(in 13 reviews)

• "I have no cons about the Company(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Magnetic Culture"

Current Employee - Sale Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership from the top down promotes and empowers growth.

Cons

That more consumers aren't yet aware the benefits of living in a more comfortable, healthier and energy efficient home and how it will give them peace of mind. In time, they will!

Meritage Homes2020-05-08

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review and promoting our Develop to Empower core value. At Meritage we are dedicated to investing in our people at all levels of the organization. It sounds like you truly believe in our energy efficient building standards and we would love to discuss this with you more. Please feel free to reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com for further dialogue.

2. "NA"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Meritage Homes full-time

Pros

Great work/school balance for sure

Cons

Not applicable at the moment

Meritage Homes2020-06-02
  3. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meritage Homes exhibits a sales first culture. They truly care about the growth and development of their people. The Nashville Division has an amazing leadership team in place. I have had a tremendous amount of support from both local and national leadership.

Cons

Every young division has growing pains, but the Nashville Division faces them head on and makes decisions with the best interest of their people and business in mind.

Meritage Homes2020-05-15

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the review. It’s great to hear that you’re receiving the support and encouragement from leadership that you need as a Sales Manager. The Nashville division has great leadership and a strong sales culture. We recognize that there have been growing pains but we trust your plan and know the team in Nashville will make things happen. If you’d ever like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

4. "I am happy here!!"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

The marketing here is top notch! I am quite pleased with this builder and can be proud to work for a company that is energy efficient. Meritage Homes builds healthier homes and they do not use a lot of chemicals in their products. I have happy homeowners and buyers are typically impressed with our build quality. This builder makes selling homes here simple and an easy process. We have a great team filled with knowledgeable colleagues.

Cons

Be prepared to be busy! This is a good thing in my book!

Meritage Homes2020-05-14

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the review. We’re ecstatic that you’re happy in your role as Sales Counselor and that you are busy selling homes. We’re thrilled that customers are impressed with the quality and energy efficiency of our homes, and that they find the buying process easy. If you need anything at all, please reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

5. "New Homes Sales Counselor"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership, Tools to succeed, open door policy, teamwork, wonderful admin,

Cons

Winter time Closing Hours is an hour to long at time change. That’s not a huge deal though.

Meritage Homes2020-05-13

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the fantastic review! It sounds like you enjoy the overall culture and benefit from the tools provided to our sales team throughout the company. We’re thrilled that you’re happy with your decision to join our growing Nashville division, and look forward to seeing your success year after year. If you need anything, please reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meritage Homes is a great company. The EVP’s, RP’s, DP’s and Corporate leaders are top notch and know how to run a company. They care for their people but understand the rigor of running a 3.5 billion dollar company. Meritage Homes has great people and it’s the reason I accepted an offer. I love my team and we’ve worked so hard to shape our culture. It’s not always perfect but anyone with realistic expectations should know and understand it can’t be. Over the last 8 weeks I’ve been reminded how appreciative I am that we have great leadership and people. We continue to sell homes but we are doing everything we can to protect our employees.

Cons

Fast paced, tough and direct. This isn’t bad but it’s not for everyone.

Meritage Homes2020-05-09

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the review. It’s exciting to hear that you are pleased with our leadership from our EVP’s, DP’s and everyone in between. We agree that our leaders, partnered with employees, have done a fantastic job continuing to produce and sell homes throughout such a challenging time. If you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meritage has a very specific company strategy and set of core values that is at the center of every decision made. They offer a challenging environment that motivates you and a culture that makes you feel at home.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company and their values.

Meritage Homes2020-05-11

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the great review! We’re thrilled that you find your job motivating, challenging and that you’re a believer in our core values and strategy. Feel free to contact your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com if you ever need anything.

8. "Meritage is a great company"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome Company to work with! Very innovative and progressive. Communication channels ar always open.

Cons

Limited upward mobility in smaller markets.

Meritage Homes2020-05-09

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the five star review. We’re thrilled that you think Meritage is a great company with an innovative product. We are continuously innovate with the customer in mind. We’d like to congratulate you on your 3+ years as a Sales Counselor in Greenville, SC, and assure you that we support internal upward job mobility. We encourage you to contact your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com to discuss your career goals in further detail.

9. "Overall a great place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Warranty Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Meritage Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule as long as work is being done. I felt that it was a very upbeat work environment.

Cons

I joined with a relatively new division and had to deal with finishing a buy out community from another builder. Company as a whole was great, but had difficulty handling the merger. Positions were not available to move up while I was there, and other opportunities had presented themselves elsewhere.

Meritage Homes2020-05-19
  10. "Meritage is a great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Opportunity to grow with the organization -Great company culture -Management values feedback and suggestions to improve company -Great spirit -- people working together for common goal and with a can do attitude -Good people with a family environment -Upper leadership strives to give acknowledgement, provide clear direction, foster team environment, and celebrate the wins -Company invests in its employees and has a inclusive environment for everyone -Work Hard and Play Hard

Cons

-Large workloads that can impact live/work balance (if one lets it happen) -Better Health Benefits package - it is based on deductible type plan that covers routine checkup items but ends up costing healthy individuals more for doctor visits

Meritage Homes2020-05-08

May 20, 2020People Operations

Thank you for the review and congratulations on your 3+ years with Meritage Homes. We are excited to hear that you believe Meritage Homes is a great place to work and you appreciate the career growth potential and strong company culture. We understand the Customer Care Department can get busy, but please be assured that we appreciate all you do for our customers. Regarding your suggestion on the healthcare benefits, we would be interested in discussing further. We encourage you to reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

Found 304 reviews