Metals USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metals USA

Bander Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randleman, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metals USA (Randleman, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked a couple questions concerning my resume. Asked questions concerning my background. Very polite. Held a walk through of the entire facility and explained how everything worked. Gave a tour of the machines and explained the position I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Metals USA? What are your future plans with the company   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metals USA (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. We mostly just sat and talked about my previous experience. The hiring manager was very interested in my background and asked lots of questions. He said that they were hiring for the next generation of managers in the company.

Machine Operator/Warehouseman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metals USA (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The process of the interview was like nothing I have ever done before. Talked with the warehouse manager and got a walk through of the warehouse. Process lasted maybe 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in the steel business before?   3 Answers
    • Are you ok getting dirty?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Received an email from HR with an offer which I excepted.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metals USA.

Interview

Typical initial interview with HR, followed by department managers and sometimes higher-ups at Corporate.

Negotiation