Methanex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

GIT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geismar, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Methanex (Geismar, LA) in October 2015.

Interview

2nd round interviews at the Geismar plant. The "interviews" were several tasks where we worked with other candidates while being observed. The tasks aimed to measure how we work with others, what our values and morals are, our presentation skills, and ability to deal with stress and think on the fly. A very interesting interview process.

Task 1 - assigned to a group of 4, given 30 minutes to make a powerpoint presentation describing why Methanex is the best company to work for, followed by 20 minutes to present as a group. You are observed during the entire 50 minutes

Task 2 - working in a group, determine the order in which you will rescue people from a cave which is filling with water. You are given a profile on each person trapped in the cave and must justify your choices to the panel of interviewers.

Task 3 - working alone, you have 15 minutes to formulate an opinion on a controversial subject. You must then present your opinion to a panel of interviewers and defend your position/field questions.

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geismar, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methanex (Geismar, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

A panel interview with my would-be supervisor and two peers. Opened with soft questions - what interested you, why are you leaving your current job, etc.
    Moved into behavior based, situational questions. Had to answer each question with a specific situation example, and could not duplicate the answer on any question.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be your strengths? And, your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Methanex (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I applied on careers website within my university. Heard back within a few weeks. Got the job in October for a summer internship! So I was set to go.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Methanex in August 2013.

Interview

Single interview with 3 employees, including the plant manager. Followed by a series of tests including a personality test and a cognition and intelligence test. Next came drug screen and health exam. Entire process took approximately 1 month.

Interview Questions

• None were... they were all based on past experiences so I had answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they offered more than I asked for.

Customer Service and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Methanex (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online and submitted my resume. It then took a few weeks to hear back but was eventually called for a phone interview. I then proceeded to have three different interviews before I was offered a job. They offered a few thousand less than I asked for but I was able to negotiate for a happy middle. The HR manager was a bit odd but really nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked clear examples of times you had to think outside the box   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Methanex (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Several interviews with HR and operation staff. Reference check was completed and they were happy with the references. Methanex then withdrew the offer a week before I was supposed to start.

Some of the VP's were very aggressive during the interview process.

Do Not hand in your notice from your current employer if you receive an offer from this company.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Methanex (Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, made for an easy, comfortable interview. They took time to give information about the company, where they are, where they see the future of the company. The questions were general interview questions, with many focusing on the job itself.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Methanex (Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview very fast

Interview Questions

• What do you have to ad to our organization   1 Answer

Negotiation

none