Metroplex Management Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2018

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview process. The hiring manager was very very passionate about the growth of this company and the CEO even shook my hand and spoke with me in the lobby. Metroplex Management Group has a good company culture and lots of advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Is a Management position something you would be looking forward to?   Answer Question

May 25, 2018 – President

Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to working and growing with you.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

30 min interview, the interviewer spoke extremely quick, like she had a script in front of her and hardly made eye contact. They advised it was a informal interview and the next interview would soon. They emailed me to notify me that I qualified for the 2nd round of interviews and that it would be 2-3 hours, the next day. I declined the opportunity to go in for the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any unexpected or difficult questions asked, very basic "what made you want to apply for this position" and "tell me about yourself".   Answer Question

Sep 29, 2017 – President

Thank you for your review and for your time spent interviewing with our company. We apologize that you felt the interview was not what you were expecting. The initial interview that we conduct for... More

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview was quick and easy. The management seemed nice and very straight forward. I was in and out in less than an hour. I was very pleased with the process.

Interview Questions

Metroplex Management Group Response

May 25, 2018 – President

Thanks for the review!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (Duncanville, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The job description was misleading.
    The salary was very misleading.
    I drove 40 miles for a 5 minute scripted interview in which he restated what was said in a phone interview and also mentioned what the company actually did. This job is for aggressive sales.

Interview Questions

Incredibly dissatisfied with this company. The description didn't match the job. There is much needed transparency needed in this company.

Jan 18, 2017 – President

We apologize for the experience that your had with our company! We do not have multiple locations so we're unsure which office you interviewed with. We do apologize that our offices were not a... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group in May 2017.

Interview

Aggressively contacted then not hiring anyone outside of Dallas. Have you ever been to a big box store and noticed some awkward sales associate? This company promotes active subscription sales in Walmart and Sam's Club. It's incredibly annoying as a customer and as a professional marketer for this company to advertise positions that are not real marketing jobs but instead ad hoc sales.

Interview Questions

• I believe they sell subscriptions to DirecTV in Sam's Club   1 Answer

Jul 24, 2017 – President

We apologize for the miscommunication! We have Marketing, Customer Service, and Sales positions and maybe the Marketing position was filled when you happened to come in? Also I wouldn't call our... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall everyone was very friendly. Interview was as expected,
    1. They will ask you basic questions about your professional background and experience.
    2. They determined if they think you are good fit to follow to next interview.
    3. In second interview they will explain their business model approach and try to explain why you have start as a sales rep.

I personally don't mind working from the bottom to move up in the company.
    But i strongly do no appreciate their false advertisement of a position that is no where near what they post. It's misleading and makes you feel their is no trust in a company that handles such big contacts like sams and Wal-Mart, if they r not being t transparent.

They will expect you to take a sales rep, work the floor a Wal-Mart or Sam's and based on your performance move u up.

If you have good background in management, sales, marketing. Please don't bother.

Suggestion to company, time is money!!! please post ur job openings according to what ur true position is. A sales rep with an opportunity to be mentor to possibly be a manager in the future.

Interview Questions

Metroplex Management Group Response

Feb 16, 2018 – President

Hi! I believe you have the wrong company - we are located in Texas.

Thanks

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter stated a salary of one amount and the hiring manager stated something well below. It was the biggest waste of time I have ever experienced!! Do not apply to this company, unless you are just desperate!!!

Interview Questions

• I walked out of the interview based on the deception!!! I would have never accepted an offer!!!   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2016 – President

We do apologize that you weren't offered the salary you wanted. The starting salary is dependent on your background and skill set and is decided at the interview. We allow our recruiters to tell... More

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (Irving, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The person that gave my first interview was very friendly and made me feel comfortable however; I left the first interview with tons of questions about the job, the first person was very uninformative. He told me that the second interview would have more information.The entire first interview took 10-15 minutes. the second interview didn't have much more information and I went into training not knowing really what to expect.

Interview Questions

Metroplex Management Group Response

Apr 10, 2017 – President

Thanks for the feedback and we do apologize that you feel there wasn't enough information. During the first round we explain the history of our company, our clients, and our goals. In our 2nd Round... More

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It's sheisty.... The way they speak to you it all sounds so rehearsed that you don't get good vibes outta them. You could get a lot of money if you sell a lot but there aren't any benefits. It all depends on what type of job you want. This is like a pyramid scheme you gotta sell a lot and learn quickly to move up to eventually having your own team of people on the ground working for you as well. Basically you become a promoter for direct tv or At&T and you sell the products on the floor of Walmart and SAMs club and places like that. They sell you that this job isn't about sales that it's about getting to the top but how many offices can they open without it crashing down.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a valid drivers license?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation.. It's interview. Then second. Then you're hired, they provide training and compensation at the end of second interview.

Sep 29, 2017 – President

Thank you for your time spent with us and your interest in our company. We apologize for any confusion you may have had while you were with our company. Since you did apply for a sales management... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metroplex Management Group (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

They clearly will hire anyone, you will be selling direct TV at Walmart or Sams. Don't be mislead, know that you're going to be selling to shoppers who likely do not want to buy. This isn't necessarily a bad job if you're in high school, but please understand that it's not exactly a professional management or marketing position, just direct sales.

Interview Questions

• Would you call yourself motivated?   1 Answer

Jun 25, 2017 – President

Thanks for your input. You applied to an entry level sales position with our company so therefore your interview was regarding our entry level sales position that we had available at that time. We... More