Metroplex Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Irving, TX

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Team Environment. I gained valuable experience. Company with rapid growth. Transparent company that's fair. The team nights were a breath of fresh air compared to pass companies I worked for. Also enjoyed not being micro-managed. Very transparent company with great structure.

Cons

Have to be motivated and disciplined. Fast paced

Advice to Management

Continue to build around the right people. Continue to give recognition to those who are deserving. That was the thing I enjoyed most is when I did a great job in days prior I was always recognized for my effort.

May 25, 2018 – President

Thanks for your feedback and we will always reward someone who works hard with good morals. Keep up the great work.

2. "Brand Ambassador"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Metroplex has been awesome since the first day I started! They have a great admin staff and trainers and everyone has been so informative and you can tell everyone geniunely wants everyone to succeed not only professionally but personally as well.

Cons

I do not have any at this time and most likely never will.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything and giving me the chance to grow with your company.

Oct 16, 2018 – President

Thanks for the review and we appreciate all your hard work.

"Depends on the kinda person you are"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you sell more you get paid more. Weekly paychecks and incentives to hit those goals.
    The family vibe is definitely and the head honchos are amazingly friendly
    They teach you great sales and customer service skills
    Discount on cell phone plans

Cons

Lots of driving with no gas compensation
    Network marketing/multi level marketing set up (cough cough pyramid scheme) meaning your success is dependent on the people on your “team” that you build out
    Crazy demanding hours
    False promises of being a business owner

Advice to Management

Stop lying to eager college kids and business professionals looking for a new start

Sep 4, 2018 – President

Wow - thanks for the review. This lets me know we need to get better at explaining the advancement opportunities because we do not and never will participate in any type of multi level marketing or... More

4. "Dtv queen"

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time

Pros

My girls, my gurls, ma curls

Cons

Not being trained to be able to activate a phone

Advice to Management

Give us hourly and commission and gas money

Aug 22, 2018 – President

Thanks for the review and apologize you felt as if you didn't receive the proper training. We offer hourly, salary, commissions, bonuses and gas compensation for certain individuals who do a great... More

"Mixed feelings"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Irving, TX

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*You make a lot of connections and friends.
    *The sales game gets addicting and fun
    *at the begining of your shift they do a fun atmosphere/pep rally
    *you get to dress nice
    *it's direct sales so there is no ceiling. You tell them how much you're worth.
    *they are understanding and accommodating and the owner Bill Bishop is a very nice man.
    *The group chat is a positive place to post your successes and get a virtual high five and tips and tricks from your peers and leaders.

Cons

*what myself and most of my class thought we interviewed for is not what the job is.
    *you're literally those direct tv sales people you see in sams and costco and a manager constitutes as running a team/office of those sales people.
    *you are traveling to multiple stores around the metroplex on your own dime and your first pay check doesn't show up till your third week and it is only for the 2 hour a day training you did your first week. If you do not already have a fat savings account, prepare to be in the hole and late on rent.
    *YOU DO NOT GET HOURLY AND COMMISSION (just to clarify as most of my class as well as my self thought you did) you get paid one or the other and It's which ever out weighs the other.
    *once you're in the team is like family as I stated in the pros but I personally feel like the interview process is deceitful. I was even asked not to talk about what we actually do in front of new prospects.
    *your schedule is chosen for you despite being told you get to choose your shift.
    * I personally felt like I was giving more than I was recieving.

Advice to Management

Just be honest. Break it down for exactly what it is without all the silver tounges laced with sugar. I think if people actually understood from the beginning the turn over wouldn't be so bad.

Aug 14, 2018 – President

Thanks for the feedback Calloway and I apologize that this opportunity wasn't what you thought it was. We have multiple positions here at Metroplex Management Group and depending on someone's... More

6. "New to Job, Everyone has been nice so far!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid work environment and very friendly colleagues

Cons

Not many I can think of but its still early

Aug 14, 2018 – President

Thanks for the feedback and let us know if you need anything at all!

"Don't be fooled, this is strictly a sales position, regardless of what you applied for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here has a good sense of humor.

Cons

They advertise these positions as about 25 different things you can do - marketing, sales, kiosk retail, entry level management training, ect...THEY ARE ALL DOING THE SAME THING - SELLING COMMISSION BASED AT&T IN COSTCO. Ask your recruiter questions - they are trained to purposely be vague. They will say "you can speak to my manager about that" to get you in for an interview. You're less likely to turn the position down if you've already invested time in it which is why they will not tell you much about it. You also have to work for 90 days before you get any paid time off, do not get a 401K, or health insurance. You get paid more and get better benefits just working FOR Costco instead of working for MPM INSIDE the Costco. They have hundreds of these all over the country with varying different names.

Advice to Management

Don't be coy. Tell people on the phone they have to work either a Saturday or a Sunday every week. Tell them this is still a shift style work schedule. Tell them they will be standing for 6 hours a day selling Direct TV trying to get people to sign up their email on an i-pads so they can make 40 bucks. Be forthright, otherwise, it feels like everyone working here accidentally got sucked into a scam.

Aug 22, 2018 – President

I am not sure if you have the correct company due to the fact we are not commission based and offer insurance along with many different campaigns on top of that. We also have a 3 round interview... More

"Great Opportunity for Experienced or Entry Level Individuals"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training
    Stable Pay with bonuses and incentives
    Benefits, Charity Work, and great Company Events
    This company is always growing and taking on new clients
    I started with Metroplex Management Group and already had a Management Background and still was able to gain new skill sets and master my craft of team building and managing others. I have also seen entry level graduates start here and grow into mature career professionals. This is a great company that genuinely cares about your success and career goals.

Cons

There aren't any unless you are someone who just wants to be "average" and not advance your career or yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thanks for all the mentor-ship and opportunity to succeed!

Aug 14, 2018 – President

Your welcome and thanks for all your hard work as well.

"The most rewarding job yet"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time

Pros

Encouraging atmosphere
    Positive work-place
    Growth opportunities
    enthusiastic team

Cons

After a few months here I haven't found any cons

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind, I've had such a fun rewarding experience so far!

Jun 25, 2018 – President

Thanks for the feedback and we are excited to have you a part of the team as well.

10. "A Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator and Administration Assitstant
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator and Administration Assitstant

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fun and comfortable work environment, good hours and pay, and good mentors

Cons

The distance from my house

May 25, 2018 – President

Thank You and please let us know in the future if there is anything we can improve on!