Metroplex Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group for less than a year and am amazed at how much I have learned! I graduate with a business degree in December and have really been able to gain real life experience along with how to manage and motivate other people.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and thank you CEO Bill Bishop for being so transparent and such a great mentor!

2. "Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Irving, TX

Pros

Cons

I cant think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and thank you so much CEO Bill Bishop for being so transparent and such a great mentor.

3. "Great Advancement !"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I applied online to Metroplex Management Group only 4 months ago and am almost in a Management position! I come from being a manager and wasn't too excited about starting in a training position but just like the recruiter and hiring manager told me - "If you work hard and follow our system, you will be back in management asap". I really appreciate how transparent this company has been with me since day 1 and am excited to see how many clients and campaigns they keep getting. I also really appreciate how nice and personable the CEO is.

Cons

None at all. Anytime someone doesn't have something nice to say about Metroplex Management Group, its because they were lazy, weren't a team player, or just didn't value the opportunity here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because the clients we represent are Fortune 100 :)

Jul 16, 2017 – President

Thanks for your input and keep up the great work!

4. "Current Corporate Trainer"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Professional/fun atmosphere, everyone works as a team
    -Hands on training
    -Dynamic business model that offers realistic growth and advancement opportunities based on performance
    -Base pay plus uncapped bonuses and incentives
    -Upper level management acknowledges and rewards individuals who work hard and go the extra mile
    -Travel opportunities

Cons

Not exactly a con but this is the truth -- This opportunity is not for everyone and you must be willing to work hard, if you are looking for someplace to just "coast", this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

No advice to give. I would like to say Thank you for always having an open door policy and for providing me with this opportunity.

Jul 16, 2017 – President

We appreciate your drive for success and allowing us to be a part of it! Lets Dominate :)

5. "Market Manager"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down best experience I have ever had with a company. This business has given me the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally! I learned so much through the Management training program on how to teach, develop and lead people and help them succeed. The people in the office are friendly and always looking to help you in any way that they can. I stumbled onto this career opportunity, it hasn't always been easy but it has definitely been worth it.

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything you have taught me so far, I am excited for what the future holds!

Thanks for the feedback!

"Life changing experience!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started here with absolutely no experience but with the training and mentorship from management I am now in the process of getting promoted to my own market as a manager! This business has really turned out to be everything they told me it would be, and I was someone who came in very skeptical. It has definitely been work but you get out of this business what you put in! This opportunity definitely changed my life for the better!

Cons

I cant really think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and thank you for allowing me to represent some of the most recognizable brands in the world!

May 22, 2017 – President

You are welcome! Thanks for all your hard work :)

"Misleading, Inconsistent"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales -- If you are able to sell cable television packages to strangers, this is the job for you.

Cons

Inconsistent work weeks. Often you won't know what days you will have off until Sunday. There are no weekends off. With office meetings set behind full work days, you're likely to have 10-12 hour work days.

The base pay is only available to those who make specific number of sales for the week. If you're expected to make 4 sales that week and you only make 3, then the following week you won't get paid unless you hit that magic number. It's a great way for the business to save some money when sales are low, but you will feel it before management.

Advice to Management

Be direct about the way pay works. Stop trying to shop yourselves as a marketing company, you are direct sales.

Jun 5, 2017 – President

Thanks for you input so we can make sure everyone here understands the schedule and pay better. This is very confusing to us seeing how we go over pay and schedule at least 3 times before we decide... More

8. "An amazing opportunity for new workers looking for a trade or veterans looking for a good paying job!"

Pros

The pay is good if you do well at your job, this is a self-management job so if you need time they will work with you, but My favorite pro personally was the fact they give you a mentor who works with you to make sure you do well in the business.

Cons

This job is a self-management job so if you are not willing to put in the work you will fail.

Advice to Management

The managers were great they would go out of there way to help you if you needed it and they truly cared for there workers as well as there job.

"a misleading, unrewarding, and horrendous job opportunity"

Former Employee - Junior Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were two or three people there that I truly enjoyed and appreciated for doing a great job, being supportive/insightful, and being all around wholesome individuals.

Cons

I don't know where to start....

-You don't know what days you have off until sunday night each week (never have weekends off, just two random weekdays) which makes it impossible to make plans

-They lure you in with promises of becoming a "marketing manager" when it is really more of a puppy mill for sales representatives that do nothing but sit in a Sam's Club or Walmart all day

-The management often loses sight of what constitutes "constructive criticism" and resorts to simple insults and criticisms to try and "inspire" you.

-They bait and switch the amount of money you will be getting paid. While I was told during interviews that I would be making around 55k doing a normal job and up to 75k doing well, in reality I was doing great but making only about 30k and none of my coworkers were surpassing much above 40-45k

-The entire company feels deceitful, even when I was looking at their website I never was able to figure out exactly what it was that they did (because they hide it and situationally trap you once you've assimilated into the company). Seriously, look up their website... they advertise customer retention, marketing consulting, and brand management as three of their major services but all anybody in the company does is sit in a Sam's Club for 10 hours pitching people about DirecTV. Complete smoke and mirrors.

-Because your always in a Sam's club all day and only spend about an hour in the office each morning, there is little to no sense of community at the job. On top of that, since your at Sam's Club everyday, which is usually located in a zoning area populated with large retailers or fast food, your main option for lunch each day is Sam's Club pizza.

Advice to Management

Learn some respect, it will get you far.

Mar 2, 2017 – President

Thank you for the insight and we definitely apologize that you weren't able to make the income desired! The starting salary is dependent on someone's background and skill sets and we have many... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Metroplex Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This can be a fun job. And if you need a job in a hurry this is a quick fix. It may even work out well for you. As many of you know sales can be quite lucrative.

Cons

As previously stated, this is sales. No matter what you are told or what you read on job boards. You have a very unlikely chance of being promoted out and into your own office. It doesn't matter how well you do. To much has to fall into place for you to move on to bigger and better things. You will be standing in a retailer pitching Direct TV or some other product. Most people don't care what you have to say. They have heard it all before. The turnover rate is tremendous. You will not be at that job over 6 months. You will either quit or get fired. Or maybe just maybe you are one of the lucky ones to get promoted out and get your own office. Then you will see what real money is. Oh and be prepared to put your personal vehicle through the ringer.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to upper management. I did appreciate the opportunity. It was a learning lesson. Get better A/C in the Atmosphere room!!!!

Jan 15, 2017 – President

We thank you for your input! As you know we have many different departments and we assumed Sales is what you wanted seeing how that is the ad you applied to. Also we handle many different clients... More