Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a couple of weeks later I had a phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with Communications Director, PR Manager & HR. Interview was fairly standard with questions related to the position and experience. A little advice to HR, give candidates several updates on their candidacy throughout the process, let them know sooner that they haven't been selected. We put as much time an effort into the process as the company, plenty of times having to miss work and putting ourselves at risk of losing our current jobs. The whole process from start to finish took 6 weeks which is totally unacceptable and may I add, not mindful.

Part Time Train Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Once online application is completed you wait up to 2-3 weeks (or less) based on when you completed it in the cycle. If invited to the next round, you get the privilege of an online test (harder than you would think although you SHOULD be able to complete it if you are a High School grad), an additional questionnaire and submission of your driving record (you have to get it from the DMV -- no online printouts). IF you get past THIS stage, congratulations (although you're not there yet!) You're now invited to an information session and interviews. The info session is SUPERB -- and feel free to walk out of the room during a break if it's not for you. Wait up to an additional two weeks for notification if you are hired. By the way, getting hired means you will now be considered a "candidate" -- you still have to pass a grueling 11 week qualification process that includes academic, oral and performance based tests (of which you basically have to score an "A").

Interview Questions

• No specifics I wish to pass on other than be prepared with the basics (specifically how you intend to conduct yourself on the job).   2 Answers

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The entire process was efficient and very well organized. Communication was outstanding, and everyone that I met was professional, as well as personable. I felt at ease from the moment my interview began.

Here is the Interview Process once I created my online profile, and completed the application online.
    Step 1 - Phone called from HR (HR was extremely helpful throughout the entire process)
    Step 2 - First on site interview (with hiring manager and HR)
    Step 3 - Take a skills assessment test (less than 30 minutes)
    Step 4 - Interview with CFO & CIO
    Step 5 - Meet with team to gauge work environment, and let the team get a feel of the candidate

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of your next position?   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 3 MTS employees who were conducting the interview, we sat down around a round table and they each asked questions regarding my interest in the company. They were all very friendly and the whole process seemed very easy. I think the hardest part for me was the scheduling that they were requiring for new hires.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work with MTS   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was called in to interview, three people at the table besides me consisting of two department staff members and one human resources representative. The interview lasted 20-30 minutes. Pretty straightforward questions about; work experience, education, and real world situations.

Bus Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego.

Interview

Submitted online application. Went through a preliminary screening with a written evaluation. This eliminated a significant number of people. Then participated in a phone interview and a group interview before receiving an offer. The process started with 200+ applicants, ended with less than 10%. The interviews were straightforward without many curveball questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to bend the rules to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Panel interview with 1 HR person and 2 engineers for their summer internship position. Questions asked were "What made you decide MTS", "what year are in in college", "what drew you to engineering", "Do you have any experience in construction management". Very nice people, not intimidating.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego in May 2013.

Interview

online application, phone screening, testing and panel interview. recruiters are nice - nice overall experience - would recommend to a friend or anyone interested in a great company with great people - great experience

Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Resume taken online, hr called to set phone interview, after phone interview had in person interview. The lady interviewing was very pleasant and would ask more questions based on my previous answers. She was very interested in knowing my past driving experience as well as getting references. I dressed conservatively and felt comfortable when interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving current company?   1 Answer