Mettler-Toledo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.2

Service Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Was flown down to FL from a different state and interviewed with multiple managers. The interview took the entire day and I flew back that evening. The staff was very friendly and I was very impressed by the facility.

Interview Questions

• To explain my current position and how it related to the job I was seeking.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Ithaca, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with a requiter at my career fair, he was very nice, ask about my interest and the position. I was invited to come to the HQ for an interview. It was a very long one-on-one with the head Mechanical engineer. It ended with a tour of the facilities. I was told I would get a response in three weeks. I didn't hear back for over a month, so I sent a follow up asking if additional information was necessary. I didn't get a response at all. Two months later I receive an email stating that they weren't filing the position anymore. However the email was a generic email, that was in response to an interview that was held at a college career fair, that I never went to. This was very unprofessional, since they mentioned a college I have no connection with. Also, failed to realize I had my interview at the HQ not on campus. Additionally, they mentioned that it was due to the fact an issue X came up. However they mentioned X at the interview so it wasn't a new issue like they stated in the email. Overall, I'm happy I'm not working for a company like this.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about two weeks which involved a phone interview and one on one interviews with a few difference people in the organization. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo in September of 2016

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo in June 2016.

Interview

Made it to the pre-screen phone interview. Really friendly interviewer and the interview felt very conversational. I was OK with receiving rejection by email. But then I got another email saying they would take a pass. HR should have a better hold on who they've already passed on.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Pleasant experience. The interviewer told me she could hire me, but I would not last long in the position and would be promoted within the company and pulled away from her. No follow up, never heard from her again. Assuming I didn't get the job.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

My first interview lasted 2.5 hours. I talked to 3 different people. Most question were behavioral type questions. I was also asked some situational questions. The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable. In the very beginning, I was asked to take a personality quiz. The interviewers also inquired about my knowledge of Excel but I was not asked to pass a test.

Interview Questions

• Once the day's work done, would you be comfortable asking you supervisor to leave early?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, following phone interview, then on site interview with hiring managers, along with tour of the facility. Large clean facility, hiring managers knowledgeable in business, friendly, brief intro to benefits and culture. Lean manufacturing practices enhance work stations. Human Resources and Hiring managers are thorough on the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• Reason applying to company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company open to negotiation, sensitive to employee needs, willing to work along with others.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the HR department to set up a time for a HR phone screening type interview. I then had a phone interview with someone from the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about where I would like to see my career go in the future.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager PCE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Aurora, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with HR then two days later a phone interview with Head of Sales and Marketing and less than a week later they invited me in for a panel interview with three people. I was required to prepare a 40 minute power point presentation and took part in a panel interview that lasted three hours. This interview process was time consuming and required an entire day to prepare for. I was told they would follow up with me the next day but never heard back from any one despite follow up emails and phone calls. The lack of response on the companies part was very unprofessional especially considering the amount of time invested in the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our product? Who would you contact?   Answer Question

GC Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mettler-Toledo (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was on the phone with HR; then I did a 1/2 day in person interview, with the head of HR, the compliance attorney, a junior attorney and the GC. I never heard a word back. I was pretty surprised I didn't get a call or at least an email saying thanks for your time but no thanks- particularly for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the department?
      What do you do for fun?
      A number of hypotheticals from the GC- (e.g). the head of a division comes to you and says the company delivered defective products and wants a several million in a refund and damages. What do you do?
      Interview was pretty standard except GC was very heard to read, asked question after question- thee was no dialogue or talking- he asked a question and I answered. Only after he was done asking his questions did he ask me if I had any questions and there wasn't much time. He was certainly the hardest interview and I hadn't had an interview with hypotheticals before- but I can see how they are telling of skills and thought process.
      Answer Question